Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimley

Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2013, 01:59:09 PM
Anybody who thinks Cunniffe's shoulder was anything other than textbook needs to have a word with themselves or go and watch a more genteel sport. Anyone who thinks that A O'S's dive while clutching his face was anything other than disgraceful needs to have a word with themselves or get involved in another sport as ours doesn't need you.

'trueblue1234' made a good point about O'Shea's actions, he probably did it in some vain attempt to take the refs attention from his own foul which he felt might be interpreted as a red card. However, we need to condemn that behaviour regardless of who does it.

'rosnarun' gave O'Shea only 2 options, but he had a third, one that used to be the only option. He could have got up and told McConnell 'if he didn't f**k back off in to goal he'd land him in the canal end with a slap' (or some other such on-field verbal bravado), to which Packie would have replied 'any shot from a Mayo man aimed at the canal end would more likely end in the upper Hogan you bandy legged b*****ks' (or some other such on-field verbal bravado) honour maintained all round and handshakes at the end of the game with a bit of banter about their earlier altercation.

+1

orangeman

Anybody who thinks Cunniffe's shoulder was anything other than textbook needs to have a word with themselves or go and watch a more genteel sport. Anyone who thinks that A O'S's dive while clutching his face was anything other than disgraceful needs to have a word with themselves or get involved in another sport as ours doesn't need you.

'trueblue1234' made a good point about O'Shea's actions, he probably did it in some vain attempt to take the refs attention from his own foul which he felt might be interpreted as a red card. However, we need to condemn that behaviour regardless of who does it.

'rosnarun' gave O'Shea only 2 options, but he had a third, one that used to be the only option. He could have got up and told McConnell 'if he didn't f**k back off in to goal he'd land him in the canal end with a slap' (or some other such on-field verbal bravado), to which Packie would have replied 'any shot from a Mayo man aimed at the canal end would more likely end in the upper Hogan you bandy legged b*****ks' (or some other such on-field verbal bravado) honour maintained all round and handshakes at the end of the game with a bit of banter about their earlier altercation.

Good post.

rosnarun

Quote from: orangeman on August 30, 2013, 03:42:31 PM

Good post.
so mealy mouthed words without any intention if backing it up is how you recommend maintaing honour.
AOS showed admirable retraint for ending what tyrone tried to make into a big Situation. A younger version of himself would have giving the Mcconnell the kicking he was looking for
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Zulu

Nonsense. He disgraced himself and the game and but you are far worse. At least Aiden is out there playing the game making mistakes, doing great things and putting his body on the line for the cause of Mayo football. However you are trying to defend a trait in our game that is shameful because of who did it last Sunday. If it was a Tyrone man you'd be up in arms. Feigning injury like that is a disgrace to our game and is not confined to one county or one player and that is a very regrettable thing to be able to say. Until we all condemn this whenever it happens regardless of who does it then it will only get worse.

I coach kids football in Britain and I constantly preach that footballers don't go down unless they are genuinely injured but unfortunately I increasingly can't show these kids full games as current IC players are making me out to be a liar. This isn't about 'hard man' stuff, it's about the games integrity. Mick Lyons shows us how to deal with it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWFBVpAtv2s

larryin89

Fair game, fair result, all the little incidents ye are over examining are just that,little incidents that happen in every game.

I was wrong in my prediction that we would bate them out the gate, they kept it tight like a lot predicted for a while, still think we could of won by more in the end.

Tyrone supporters I mixed with for a while, great bunch of lads.

Best of luck in the future.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Gabriel_Hurl

Alright - the game is long over and Mayo have a final to look forward to.

Time to lock 'er up  :)

orangeman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 30, 2013, 06:39:02 PM
Alright - the game is long over and Mayo have a final to look forward to.

Time to lock 'er up  :)

Good call.

Good luck to Mayo in the final.

oneoftheseyears

In my opinion, if O Shea had just got up after the shoulder Packie would have definitely got a card. His play acting distracted everyone....including Deegan!!

StephenC

Far too much of this "+1" shite on the board these days.

Gabriel_Hurl