Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbery

Disappointing to see such a well respected County such as Tyrone lodging an objection  after losing by four points when both sides played same number of player in second period of extra time.
Hopefully they will see sense and withdraw this objection and show leadership and most importantly sportsmanship.

yellowcard

Fermanagh are also appealing the suspension dished out to their water boy during the semi final. Let's not be hypocrites here, all counties are as guilty as each other. However the Tyrone appeal is slightly different in that they were not put at any clear disadvantage numerically. I think it is as a result of the ill feeling created from the brawl involving team management. I can't understand why you would want to try and win in this manner.

Jayop

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 13, 2018, 10:39:36 PM
Quote from: Jayop on June 13, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
I wonder will there be the same level of critique for Donegal appealing the red card at the weekend? Will there fk.

This culture of appealing every red card is a blight on the game. McGee left the knee in about 4 times and still they are appealing the decision. Maybe the ref forgot to hole punch his report so Donegal have them on a technicality.

Absolutely 100% agree. That's what's infuriating reading some of the opinions on here as if Tyrone doing this is such a unique act of poor sportsmanship. Every team does it if there's any chance at all of getting things going their way, be it a player back from a clear red card like McGee, Stephen Wallace appealing his ban for fighting in a club game that eventually lost him his job, Tyrone appealing this on a technicality. That's just 3 examples this year and I'm sure there's a dozen more if you looked into it.

Are these people right to appeal? No. It's nonsense and turns the game into a bit of a farce.

Are they to blame for the situation where an appeal is possible? No. That's 100% the fault of the GAA, it's comedy rulebook, the fact that refs and officials at the games clearly don't know the rules otherwise why allow the 4 players to rejoin, and the fact that when they do appeal on these nonsense technicalities they are more often than not rewarded for it.

Itchy

Quote from: under the bar on June 13, 2018, 09:30:53 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 13, 2018, 09:28:46 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 13, 2018, 09:13:57 PM
Have it on good authority that the most likely outcome of this will be a replay at a neutral venue.

The GAA should review the fighting footage and issue suspensions to 10 Tyrone players.  Since they are such stickers on the rules. Tyrone should be ashamed of themselves.

Since you're from Cavan you'll know all about being ashamed of your team then?

Why would I be ashamed. We've been beaten fair and square. But id be disgusted if our county appealed a result in which they did not concede any unfair advantage. Ref made a mistake which effect both teams equally.  You can see the difference in genuine sportsmen from Tyrone who want none of this shite and well then win at ALL costs brigade. I actually cannot believe your county board has stooped this low

Jayop

Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2018, 10:53:57 PM
Fermanagh are also appealing the suspension dished out to their water boy during the semi final. Let's not be hypocrites here, all counties are as guilty as each other. However the Tyrone appeal is slightly different in that they were not put at any clear disadvantage numerically. I think it is as a result of the ill feeling created from the brawl involving team management. I can't understand why you would want to try and win in this manner.

In fairness to Fermanagh that suspension is an absolute joke. Take the head of someone with a punch or an elbow to the face and it's a max 1 game ban. Squirt water on someone and it's 8 weeks.

That's one time then I really hope the technicality works out for them.

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 13, 2018, 10:39:36 PM
Quote from: Jayop on June 13, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
I wonder will there be the same level of critique for Donegal appealing the red card at the weekend? Will there fk.

This culture of appealing every red card is a blight on the game. McGee left the knee in about 4 times and still they are appealing the decision. Maybe the ref forgot to hole punch his report so Donegal have them on a technicality.

Have to laugh at the stupidity of some of these players.
McGee left/dropped the knees maybe 6 times into Harrison right in front of linesmen and ref and then protests innocence.
Donegal should be ashamed of themselves for having the cheek to try defend that carry on.

southtyronegael

embarressing stuff from the tyrone county board. but not surprising giving some of the stuff they have been at recently. just last saturday they relieved john hurson the palestine campaigner of his duties. last year they managed to oust the current chairperson, roisin jordan. lowest of all they gave harte a 3 yrs extenstion after the dublin drubbing. screwed the lasts years sponsors, mc aleer and rushe over too. tyrone gaa needs a major clearout starting at the top.

Jeremiah O

Not keen at all on the appeal.Armagh won the game on the night and that should be the end of it in my opinion.
Unconquered and unconquerable

macdanger2

Quote from: Whishtup on June 13, 2018, 11:45:19 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
Every high-profile controversial incident in the GAA since 1995, has either directly or indirectly involved Tyrone.

The world would be a very dull place without us, that's for sure.

Conflict/rebellion/deceipt/compassion/humour has been part of the psyche for hundreds of years.  Sure didn't Hugh O'Neill himself bawl his lamps out in front of the Queen, begging for redemption and then go on to spend her money on lead shot (that was supposed to be for the roof of his new house in Dungannon) to attack her forces.  There's no doubt about it, to outsiders we are generally a County of mad bastids who thrive on controversy.

Never a dull moment.

Great post  ;D

rrhf

Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2018, 10:53:57 PM
I hate appeals. But Strangely there is too much scope for abuse.  What stops an 11 aside game taking place - the ref. Potential mutiny all over the shop.  Getting the numbers right is The refs most important role.

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2018, 08:37:40 AM
There seems to be some confusion. Can somebody clear this up:
For the period in question, should Tyrone have had more men on the field than Armagh, if the rules had have been applied correctly?

If yes, the appeal is justifiable.
If no, the appeal is pathetic.

My understanding is no.

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 14, 2018, 08:38:42 AM
For the period in question, should Tyrone have had more men on the field than Armagh, if the rules had have been applied correctly?

My understanding is no.

My understanding is yes. Tyrone should have had 13 players and Armagh 12

nrico2006

Why was Darragh Canavan not on panel?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on June 14, 2018, 08:57:04 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 14, 2018, 08:38:42 AM

My understanding is no.

My understanding is yes. Tyrone should have had 13 players and Armagh 12

Going by this it says Armagh had two players sent off but I was near sure there was 3?
http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/Article/Index/286502

That article there looks bad in fairness

omagh_gael

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 08:57:52 AM
Why was Darragh Canavan not on panel?

I believe he had the decision to stay off it this year as he was playing too much football. Hopefully we see him out next year.