Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 22, 2019, 10:08:01 AM
Killyman/Drumragh/Beragh caught my eye here. Fair play to them for entering. Noticeable a lot of bigger clubs missing here - lack of interest? Numbers?

Fair play to them for entering??

GetOverTheBar

Not exactly known for having large picks considering some other clubs that did not enter.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 22, 2019, 10:08:01 AM
Killyman/Drumragh/Beragh caught my eye here. Fair play to them for entering. Noticeable a lot of bigger clubs missing here - lack of interest? Numbers?

Drumragh are one of the biggest clubs in terms of numbers in Tyrone?? I dimagine any club not entering is because they dont have the numbers and maybe cant afford to risk even an injury so early on as id imagine most decent U21's should be playing senior football

omaghjoe

Do Galbally send "the lads" round to collect the membership?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 22, 2019, 11:14:38 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on January 22, 2019, 11:05:02 AM
Drumragh are one of the biggest clubs in terms of numbers in Tyrone??

Thanks for this Fintona man, I was sweating a bit when the evidence wa produced but good to see my point proven :)

GetOverTheBar

Interesting statistics - wasn't aware Drumragh had such an adult / youth membership.

I'm now questioning why they are in junior football? Obviously not all members are players but with that type of foundation surely they should be performing better, have Omagh perhaps taken some of their better prospects?

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 23, 2019, 11:00:02 AM
Interesting statistics - wasn't aware Drumragh had such an adult / youth membership.

I'm now questioning why they are in junior football? Obviously not all members are players but with that type of foundation surely they should be performing better, have Omagh perhaps taken some of their better prospects?

Drumragh have been working hard on youth over the last 10 years. There's been a big change in the club since the new pitch and that's only starting to show now in the youth set up. When based in Omagh it was always a struggle to maintain numbers but now in Clanabogan the youth systems have really grown. Will take a while before it comes across into the seniors but there's signs of a few strong youth teams now, which we never really had in the past. Parents have a stronger buy in now as well I've noticed since we are out in Clanabogan which is great to see.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GaaFanatic123

Its really within the last 10 years that they're numbers have grown from underage level so you would imagine they shortly they will make a push at junior!
They where in an U21 final 3/4 years ago aswel and i think they where bate so another reason why its not really surprising for them to be in it.

Frank_The_Tank

Yes some interesting figures - and clubs that would have a 'small club' tag actually have quite high membership - Glenelly for example vs Urney - who were in senior not so long ago so that it certainly punching above their weight.  Errigal numbers as expected are serious - but to be expected when your club is an entire parish.  Galbally/Pomeroy/Kildress for 3 clubs which are with 15 miles of each other have serious youth numbers across the 3 of them
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 22, 2019, 07:15:08 PM
Under 21 Gradings

Grade 1

Group A

Dungannon
Galbally
Killeeshil
Eglish
Ardboe

Group B

Errigal Ciaran
Dromore
Carrickmore
Killyclogher
Omagh

Grade 2

Group A

Coalisland
Cookstown
Killyman
Clonoe
Derrylaughan
Rock
Moy

Group B

Greencastle
Aghyaran
Drumragh
Loughmacrory
Beragh
Kildress

----------

Ulster Club Leagues 2019 - Tyrone entrants

Senior: Dromore, Killyclogher, Eglish
Intermediate: Gortin, Moortown, Strabane
Junior: Brocagh, Fintona, Glenelly

Coalislamd & Clonoe in grade 2?  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

I think it's the case that not all Clubs declare their full list of members as well as each Club has to be a pay a premium on it.

So I've been told.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omaghjoe

Would say its kinda like Meath.. they've got to many pampered suburbanites who are great at training but their knees start tremblin when confronted with the unpredictability of fired up a culchie

skeog

Beragh have installed a Fermanagh legend to lead them this year.

GlenMan

Quote from: skeog on January 24, 2019, 06:22:43 PM
Beragh have installed a Fermanagh legend to lead them this year.

Ricey?  :D

GaelTheGael