Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Why not Chris Conway? He would be passionate and has a good coaching record. I'd imagine he wouldn't tolerate any crap either.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on July 06, 2017, 07:14:24 PM
Why not Chris Conway? He would be passionate and has a good coaching record. I'd imagine he wouldn't tolerate any crap either.
Chris might be the right man to clear out the deadwood in there. It might be time to clear the decks. No offence to the lads over 30, but their time may have come and gone. Chris wouldn't mind egos I suspect.

The Monument Road

Quote from: SCFC on July 06, 2017, 07:14:24 PM
Absolutely.best suggestion so far. I would love to see Chris get the job. Passionate and cool at the same time, intelligent , clever,honest, loyal club man along with a great football brain. If he could bring half of those traits to the county team we would do fine. I always say we would have won Leinster in 2004  had he been available.

BallyroanAbu

No issue with Chris, so Clancy and McNulty who manage Senior Club Teams are out but Chris who coached only schools team is in?  What is the actual criteria for a Laois Manager. 

Also I would beg to differ on Clancy's record if it's looked at properly he did quite well.  I am pretty sure Clancy got offered most of the Laois Club jobs last year.  In fairness his couple of years in Ballyroan were decent and if BallyroanAbbey wants to argue he knows who I am and where I am.  Malachy undoubtably has the best C.v on paper just not sure he is enough of a unifying force.  But if he got the job I would be happy.

Creedon can head on back to Tipp, undoubtably a disaster.  Tony the clubs won't stomach a second year but maybe the County Board have bigger balls than I think.

The PRO

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 06, 2017, 10:18:18 PM
No issue with Chris, so Clancy and McNulty who manage Senior Club Teams are out but Chris who coached only schools team is in?  What is the actual criteria for a Laois Manager. 
Chris Conway managed a club to a Tipperary SFC title a few years ago. Not to be sneezed at.

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on July 06, 2017, 10:34:24 PM
Chris Conway managed a club to a Tipperary SFC title a few years ago. Not to be sneezed at.
But is it quite up there with being an also ran in the ultra competitive Laois senior championship?

clonadmad

Quote from: The PRO on July 06, 2017, 10:34:24 PM

Managed a 9 team combo of north division hurling teams to win a county title in 2011,the first county title won by a notrh team since 1975.

Impressive management feat pulling that all together,given the laissez faire attitude to football in that division,he should put in for a job with Slieve Margey.

town1980

Tony jeez  creedon,o flatherta all had experience and lets be honest they are were abs shite,as I stated mcnulty came in very young no intercounty expierience but had a plan,if you look at Malachi  he has a plan you look at Ballyroan last two year they clearly had a plan graig to me looked as I said to have a plan, joe hig had a plan ,, the first two dummies waste of time and money,interview all 3 and hear there voice

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on July 06, 2017, 11:03:06 PM
Tony jeez  creedon,o flatherta all had experience and lets be honest they are were abs shite,as I stated mcnulty came in very young no intercounty expierience but had a plan,if you look at Malachi  he has a plan you look at Ballyroan last two year they clearly had a plan graig to me looked as I said to have a plan, joe hig had a plan ,, the first two dummies waste of time and money,interview all 3 and hear there voice
Malachi? We could do with a prophet alright.

steven seagal

Chris would have the more impressive coaching record in comparison to Clancy to be fair.

Could never understand how he wasn't given a crack at the minor job, given he has been coaching minor aged players for years in Knockbeg, and doing fairly well at it. You'd have to imagine in any other county if there was an ex player coaching at colleges 'A' standard for years they would be brought into the minor or underage setup in some form.

Tony

I'd be up for some patience with a manager, we're not a premier league club. However, if Creedon is to get the boot, my preference would be Chris Conway. ALWAYS at Laois games, even most away matches. He nearly always brings the little family with him.   Knows the club scene inside out. Passionate laois man and gaa man which the Conways in Arles always are. Conway followed by Malachy followed by Clancy. I wouldn't be happy getting anyone else really.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: steven seagal on July 07, 2017, 09:17:29 AM

Could never understand how he wasn't given a crack at the minor job, given he has been coaching minor aged players for years in Knockbeg, and doing fairly well at it. You'd have to imagine in any other county if there was an ex player coaching at colleges 'A' standard for years they would be brought into the minor or underage setup in some form.
I think he wanted to play as long as he possibly could with the club and wasn't interested in managing teams outside the school.
The North Tipp job was a once off but certainly proof that he has the capability to manage more than schoolkids.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/258608/laois-football-what-can-be-done-to-get-the-county-moving-in-the-right-direction.html

Anyone read the Leinster Express article. A lot of the stuff in the article has been debated on here before. There needs to be change and it's going to have to come from the CB so a shake up there is needed. Are there any young, ambitious club men willing to get involved at CB level and try and drive things?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

You're right about Chris. I don't think he will get involved in any high profile management until he hangs up the Arles boots!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

town1980

while i cant disagree with anything said about conway i would advocate for all persons,,joe hig ,malachy,chris,clancy to be interviewd see what there plan would be and then let the best man who the officials see fit to take the reins to drive the county forward,chris has always been touted but in laois he just hasnt taken a team yet thats not saying his not right up there,malachy has won finals joe has gotten teams to finals and clancy who i have seen on the line made progress with ballyroan and i seen it up close in a game with graig v plaoise i think all four have good qualities but all four might not want the job 3 of them have small kids and joe has his own buisness going so they might not even want the job,interview them all give the clubs one member in the room to be there in the background listning and let everyone be happy with the appointment then move forward together,we need some one who can generate the money side we need someone marketable we need someone with a plan and someone who commands respect and will gel this proud county together like o dwyer did not much to ask for but thats the criteria in my opinion