Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guevara

Kind words Wobbler! 

Your Team an off night snd any time young Loughran got the ball he was too far from goal to have an impact.
Serious game from John Boyle, who I thought Paul Murphy struggled with all night.

The pitch didn't suit The Harps style, too wide  and open , and with the pace in The Point Team there was just too many holes to plug.
Proud Point Man and our style of play was a joy to watch.
Roll on The Final.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

PTC

Great result for the point last night they will go into the final with a lot of confidence after that win, I thought ballyholland would of run them close but it was over as soon as the goal went in. Hopefully tonight's game will be closer

elk

Listening to a couple of kilcoo lads sitting in front of me last night discussing what they will do to beat the point, think they must have forgotten they have to play a game tonight! A lot of Ballyholland players found out on the big pitch last night. The point won't get the same freedom in the final from Clonduff or Kilcoo. Ross mc Garry was excellent.

champion1981

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 28, 2019, 07:26:59 AM
When was the last time we had an exciting team like this make the finals. A team all neutrals like and are easy to watch. The defensive crap we have seen this 10 years is hopefully over. This CPN team reminds me of the Mayobridge team back in the day. Bring on the final.
🙈😂 wise up

Ed Hardy

Is kilcoo v Clonduff being live 2nite aswell?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

befair

Square Ball

Quote from: befair on September 28, 2019, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on September 28, 2019, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on September 28, 2019, 01:28:32 PM
Is kilcoo v Clonduff being live 2nite aswell?
it is indeed
Have you got the link? Thanks
won't be posted until later, be on the Twitter account and Facebook
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

terrifictommy

2 tight  semis there in the Inter. Anyone at it?

Hedgehunter

Quote from: terrifictommy on September 28, 2019, 05:56:56 PM

Yes... I can confirm that there won't be an East Down sweep.

Brick Tamlin

Never mind that... They couldn't get the names of any players right if their lives depended on it....woeful

Mourne Rover

Congratulations to Carryduff for clinching promotion and the D2 title tonight. They are a fine young side with plenty of pace and can hopefully cope with the pressures of the top division.

Smurfy123

That was a tough watch. The standard was very very poor. So many basic mistakes being made. Lads not fit to kick the ball 30 yards. Fist passes going to the ground more than not. The list goes on

yewtree

Horrible game won by a team that just is so sore on the eye.Clonduff got the goals but just couldn't put Kilcoo away.Kilcoo very poor and Point will not have a problem with them if all the officials do their jobs. There needs to be a referee from outside the county. The whole of Ulster will be shouting for the point.
Even Burren men will be there as point men for the day ,Barney will have his homework done.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: terrifictommy on September 28, 2019, 05:56:56 PM

Yes - Shamrocks showed great character to come from three points down to win by 2, against a side a division above them.

Glenn were dominant in the first half but wasted good scoring chances - St. Johns were playing hard for the win, and it looked like it for a while. Two cracking scores by Jarlath McConaghy and Gerard Bagnall to win the game for Glenn.

What impressed me about both the Shamrocks and Glenn was their patience and not panicking to secure the win - should be a good final.

Is it just me or do teams keep their worst football for playing against Kilcoo?

Or do Kilcoo force them to play dung?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".