All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

clarshack

Zulu

Mayo will need at least one more goal to win this. The only reason they haven't won an All Ireland already is their forwards.

omagh_gael

Mayo's fouling and wastefulness in front of post will be the losing of this gsme. They really should have Kerry on the rack at this stage.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Zulu on August 20, 2017, 04:06:09 PM
Mayo will need at least one more goal to win this. The only reason they haven't won an All Ireland already is their forwards.

The reason they haven't won All Irelands is through actions like Seamus O'Shea for the Kerry goal. They implode. They've scored 2-05 in the first half in poor conditions, that's not bad going.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on August 20, 2017, 04:04:35 PM
AOS at full back is more bizarre than the goalie change last year.

+1

Already at fault for the goal and Star's point. Seems to be marking space most of the time.

AOS has never been able to mark players in all the years I've watched him. If Rochford really thought this was a good idea SOS or Parsons (the best choice of the three for this role) would have made far more sense.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 10:13:57 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 17, 2017, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 17, 2017, 08:04:15 PM
How is he a liability?

He's not very good and if he wore another jersey other than Kerry's he'd probably be lucky to see half time in most games.
I couldn't disagree more.

Care to retract.

omagh_gael

yellowcard

Blowitupref

HT Mayo 2-5 Kerry 1-8. Good half of football but some very bad defending by both sides.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

clarshack

Cillian O'Connor and Lee Keegan have been poor for Mayo.

bennydorano

Zulu

Mayo haven't imploded at all, they've delivered in spades. However, they always miss scoreable chances either by dropping them short or missing them wide. COC just showed why he isn't an elite forward. Fetched a brilliant ball but couldn't turn and beat one defender, Moran, Geaney, Donoghue would all have got a shot off or won a free.

I really hope they win but they miss so much that they must be taking years off their supporters lives.

GaillimhIarthair

Error ridden game but I suppose the conditions are a big contributor - poor defending and some very bad wides on both sides.  Mayo need to get AOS and Keegan more involved if they are to ultimately win this game I feel.  AOS is not a FB and is a total waste there.  He would cause more havoc in that Kerry defence if he was allowed to drive at it.  Clarke needs to sort out his kick outs, KY have his number at the minute.

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on August 20, 2017, 04:13:44 PM
Ref giving Kerry some soft ones

I don't know about that, I would say Mayo are shooting themselves in the foot  and are handing Kerry frees in front of their goal.

If Mayo can get quality ball into their full forward line they will win this game, Dublin or Tyrone will destroy this Kerry full back line, they are in panic mode and porous.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.