Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2017, 03:49:49 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 08, 2017, 03:46:38 PM
We'll be in the black and red jersey next day out

Good idea. Kerry can't beat Down.
They couldn't beat Tyrone when they wanted to either
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 08, 2017, 04:55:53 PM
Who does Keegan come in for? Hard to drop Vaughan after yesterday. Will be interesting to see if he plays MF or at wing back

Would be daft to read much into yesterday match where Roscommon who gave a non show and gave up easily. Keegan a starter Vaughan a good impact sub to bring on.  The Kerry inside line is as good as any Paul Geaney,Kieran Donaghy,James O'Donoghue and holding them to a low score will go a long way to beating Kerry.

Kerrys strength in depth is better than Mayos, so i think Mayo will need a healthy lead approaching the last 10 minutes to topple them.

Aughafad

I'm of the opinion that Donaghy is not the player to worry about for Mayo but Geaney is. Dublin and Tyrone have shown over the years how to mark Donaghy and i think Mayo have the players capable of keeping him quiet. Geaney on the other hand is a real handful and will take some watching.
Donaghy is getting on a bit and isn't as mobile now and is only gonna play about 50 minutes whereas Geaney and O Donaghue will be on the go for the full 70.

rrhf

Nobody gives Tyrone a chance either. A Tyrone mayo final would be some turn up for the books. What odds? Mayo would love Tyrone in a final.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rrhf on August 08, 2017, 09:01:45 PM
Nobody gives Tyrone a chance either. A Tyrone mayo final would be some turn up for the books. What odds? Mayo would love Tyrone in a final.
15/2 with paddy power

Mayo4Sam14

Unfortunately, cant see past a kerry win. Not reading into yesterdays game at all. On top of that i just cant see mayo seeing out a win against kerry. Beat them in 96 only time weve beat them in 60 years i think. Hope im wrong
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo Border

Quote from: larryin89 on August 08, 2017, 05:38:32 PM
Really enjoyed our performance yesterday. But we all know thats our lot and so be it , been a fantastic journey , just hope its not a thrashing .
Aah Larry, come on.  Don't be like that.

Jinxy

Mayo need to try something different for this however I've seen nothing thus far to suggest that Rochford is much of a tactician.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Mayo Border on August 08, 2017, 10:34:39 PM
Really enjoyed our performance yesterday. But we all know thats our lot and so be it , been a fantastic journey , just hope its not a thrashing .

Hes right, you know

ashman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2017, 10:37:00 PM
Mayo need to try something different for this however I've seen nothing thus far to suggest that Rochford is much of a tactician.

Last year his team brought a brilliant Dublin team to the wire , twice .

That didn't happen by accident .

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: rrhf on August 08, 2017, 09:01:45 PM
Mayo would love Tyrone in a final.

Just like they loved Donegal in 2012? Mayo are clearly 4th best out of the 4 teams left standing.

Jinxy

Quote from: ashman on August 08, 2017, 10:44:40 PM

Massive work rate was a huge component.
Don't recall anything noteworthy from a tactical perspective.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

JoG2

Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2017, 10:47:33 PM

140+ mins of football against that Dublin team in Croke Pk and only a solitary point divided them. Hope the rest of the country are taking note!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: JoG2 on August 08, 2017, 10:58:30 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2017, 10:47:33 PM

140+ mins of football against that Dublin team in Croke Pk and only a solitary point divided them. Hope the rest of the country are taking note!

You dont win anything for almost though

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 08, 2017, 10:39:25 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border on August 08, 2017, 10:34:39 PM

Hes right, you know

Yeah a lot of eggs have gone into yesterdays basket.

Was on the Luas yesterday after the game. An middle aged Kerry man turns to me and says I'd love to see Mayo win an All Ireland if they beat Kerry. To which I replied What do you mean If?. And suddenly the plámásing was over. Do you think Mayo will beat Kerry? the Kerry man replied looking disgruntled. It was a look, I had seen in Limerick three years ago.  I smiled and he realised I was having him on. But the mask had dropped and he no more than any other county could not care less if we won Sam (and why should they?).