We need to talk about Diarmuid

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJGaliv

Quote from: mup on June 30, 2017, 10:42:37 AM
The thread is about Connolly.

I'm sure people will contribute to a thread about Gleeson if one was started.

I'm just looking at a bit of perspective here really. What Connolly did was tame enough. But I can see how it needs to be clamped down on so that it sets some standard for club football and protection of refs.

It's just interesting to hear podcasts and GAA shows filled with people castigating Gavin, Connolly or previously Aidan O'Shea taking a picture. But when it comes to a criminal offence it's all quiet.
Something just doesn't sit well with where the light sometimes is being shone.
It's funny that the media - obviously enough - get way more up in arms over any sort of media ban than the average supporter.

For what it's worth - I agree Gavin is behaving like a pup, Connolly's ban is deserved. I've no huge love for Mayo, but think people gave O'Shea a hard time over not a lot.

mup

Quote from: DJGaliv on June 30, 2017, 11:48:59 AM
Quote from: mup on June 30, 2017, 10:42:37 AM
The thread is about Connolly.

I'm sure people will contribute to a thread about Gleeson if one was started.

I'm just looking at a bit of perspective here really. What Connolly did was tame enough. But I can see how it needs to be clamped down on so that it sets some standard for club football and protection of refs.

It's just interesting to hear podcasts and GAA shows filled with people castigating Gavin, Connolly or previously Aidan O'Shea taking a picture. But when it comes to a criminal offence it's all quiet.
Something just doesn't sit well with where the light sometimes is being shone.
It's funny that the media - obviously enough - get way more up in arms over any sort of media ban than the average supporter.

For what it's worth - I agree Gavin is behaving like a pup, Connolly's ban is deserved. I've no huge love for Mayo, but think people gave O'Shea a hard time over not a lot.

Absolutely agree with you regarding O'Shea and for any other player doing the same thing for that matter.

I believe Gavin et all acted like spoilt brats in this instance. It was a case of 'how dare they do this to us - we're Dublin'. The whole thing had blown over until Gavin fanned the flames again.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: DJGaliv on June 30, 2017, 09:45:40 AM
40 pages about Connolly pointing a finger into a linesmans shoulder. Whereas we have a goalkeeper from the hurling all Ireland winners taking huge sums of money and deceiving an 80 year old man and there's little said in hurling quarters.
he got convicted, suspended sentence

Connolly avoided a conviction for assault by paying the assaulted person a few grand

mayoaremagic

40 pages about Connolly pointing a finger into a linesmans shoulder. Whereas we have a goalkeeper from the hurling all Ireland winners taking huge sums of money and deceiving an 80 year old man and there's little said in hurling quarters.

Didn't Kildare Alan Smith take money from someone else as well? Gleeson should be dropped from Tipp panel

Hardy

What a stupid post.

mup

Quote from: mayoaremagic on June 30, 2017, 12:07:56 PM

Didn't Kildare Alan Smith take money from someone else as well? Gleeson should be dropped from Tipp panel

He did. Not sure of the circumstances.

mayoaremagic

Quote from: mup on June 30, 2017, 12:24:20 PM

Did he get jail? Remember reading about it at the time.

mup

Quote from: mayoaremagic on June 30, 2017, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: mup on June 30, 2017, 12:24:20 PM

Did he get jail? Remember reading about it at the time.

To be honest I'm not sure. Is it still ongoing maybe?

DJGaliv

Quote from: Hardy on June 30, 2017, 12:18:11 PM

What a stupid post.

Very insightful Hardy. Really added to the debate there

Taylor

Quote from: DJGaliv on June 30, 2017, 02:19:54 PM

What a stupid post.

Agree Hardy. Has no relation to this thread.

Hardy

What a stupid post.

Sorry - I should be a little more restrained. What I mean is - was there a referee's report on the Tipp goalkeeper's crime and are should the CCCC be investigating it?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Hardy on June 30, 2017, 02:42:59 PM

What a stupid post.

Sorry - I should be a little more restrained. What I mean is - was there a referee's report on the Tipp goalkeeper's crime and are should the CCCC be investigating it?

When it comes to attacking Diarmuid Connolly on this forum nothing is off limits.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Mayo4Sam

When it comes to attacking Diarmuid Connolly on this forum nothing is off limits.
[/quote]

Oh we know, Diarmuid has rights as part of the republic

Wholly made a good point on his podcast during the week, basically it's laughable Gavin claiming Connolly's good name was attacked when he has no good name.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 30, 2017, 09:22:03 PM

"When it comes to attacking Connolly on this forum nothing is off limits".

Wholly made a good point on his podcast during the week, basically it's laughable Gavin claiming Connolly's good name was attacked when he has no good name.

I rest my case
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 30, 2017, 11:20:19 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 30, 2017, 09:22:03 PM

"When it comes to attacking Connolly on this forum nothing is off limits".

I rest my case

I don't think the jury will take too long to decide this one in fairness.