Slaughtneil

Started by Feckitt, February 12, 2017, 02:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Slaughtneil play Cuala in the All -Ireland hurling semi final in Armagh in a fortnight. I'm not going to rehash the achievements of this small club,  you all know the story. 
However I am going to ask you and your family to turn up at the Athletic Grounds for the match. Let's give Slaughtneill and Ulster hurling some support.  Let's make this the biggest Hurling match in Ulster in 20 years.
Are you from a small club who aspire to succeed like Slaughtneil?  Go to the match.
Are you a lifelong GAA man who has never gone to the hurling?  Go to the match.
Are you a sporting romantic and lover of the underdog?  Go to the match.
Would you love to see a hurling game in Ulster that the media couldn't ignore?  Go to the match.
Are you likely to be doing nothing else anyway?  Go to the match.
I'm not a Slaughtneil man, a Derry man or even a Hurling man, but I'm a Gaa man from a small rural club,  and was priveliged to see Slaughtneil win over St Vincents in Newry yesterday.  I wouldn't miss the next match for all the world,  and full heartedly encourage you all to join me there.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2017, 02:27:52 PM
Ar fheabhas ar fad.

If only we had an Irish Language act in the North, we would've understood that.

macdanger2

What's going to happen if Slaughtneil make the hurling final as well? Will one of the games be postponed?

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2017, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2017, 02:27:52 PM
Ar fheabhas ar fad.

If only we had an Irish Language act in the North, we would've understood that.
The literal translation is "if Sinn FĂȘin are voted the largest party , our way of life will be destroyed"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Feckitt

25th February 2017, Athletic Grounds,  Armagh.
#SlaughtneilDay

Rois

I really admire your sentiments and actually considering heading to Armagh for this, but that Twitter #thingy will never catch on unless you stop putting an extra 'L' at the end of Slaughtneil!

Feckitt

clarshack

What is the membership total of slaughtneil?

Under Lights

What happens if they make the final? Will they split it from the football final?

nrico2006

Quote from: Under Lights on February 13, 2017, 08:12:37 AM
What happens if they make the final? Will they split it from the football final?

They obviously have to, but knowing the GAA they won't.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 13, 2017, 09:11:31 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on February 13, 2017, 08:12:37 AM

They obviously have to, but knowing the GAA they won't.

They can't not. But could we see a few dodgy decisions against Slaughtbeil to make sure it doesn't cause a headache?

ONeill

What a club. Throw in the achievement of the camogs and there's been nothing like them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

vallankumous

Quote from: Feckitt on February 12, 2017, 02:12:38 PM
Slaughtneil play Cuala in the All -Ireland hurling semi final in Armagh in a fortnight. I'm not going to rehash the achievements of this small club,  you all know the story. 
However I am going to ask you and your family to turn up at the Athletic Grounds for the match. Let's give Slaughtneill and Ulster hurling some support.  Let's make this the biggest Hurling match in Ulster in 20 years.
Are you from a small club who aspire to succeed like Slaughtneil?  Go to the match.
Are you a lifelong GAA man who has never gone to the hurling?  Go to the match.
Are you a sporting romantic and lover of the underdog?  Go to the match.
Would you love to see a hurling game in Ulster that the media couldn't ignore?  Go to the match.
Are you likely to be doing nothing else anyway?  Go to the match.
I'm not a Slaughtneil man, a Derry man or even a Hurling man, but I'm a Gaa man from a small rural club,  and was priveliged to see Slaughtneil win over St Vincents in Newry yesterday.  I wouldn't miss the next match for all the world,  and full heartedly encourage you all to join me there.

Maith thĂș

Milltown Row2

Watched both teams, and the Culla team are serious operators, quick accurate and great stickwork... Slaughtniel will be their biggest test, physically, mentally and the ability to get over the line Slaughtniel are ahead of Culla... Will be a cracking game... Hopefully they will win and give me two days out at the club!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea