Cúl Camp

Started by lfdown2, July 23, 2015, 12:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Apologies if there is a thread - had a quick look and turned up nothing.

I am looking 2 Cúl Camp 2015 jerseys for a couple of kids in the states, afaik you have to attend to get the gear but thought if anyone would know they would be here, obviously happy to pay for the gear.

Cheers,

5 Sams

One of the best things ever done by the GAA is the Cúl Camps. We had close to 120 kids in the field all week. They get quality coaching from the lads and lasses for five days. Theres normally a high profile County Player in attendance. We had Donal O'Hare...sound lad. 5 days coaching, superb kit bag and gear for £40. Great value for money.
The Aristocrat Years

guy crouchback

ya cul camps is absolutely brilliant. my lad did 2 last year. the quality of the gear is incredible considering the cost of the camp. the coaching is top class and i have never yet heard a  kid say they did not love it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

You can run your own for half the price and invite good coaches in. £40 is too much for most people in certain areas. Might be ok in somel areas but not inner city areas which are much more deprived generally.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 17, 2017, 02:09:36 PM
You can run your own for half the price and invite good coaches in. £40 is too much for most people in certain areas. Might be ok in somel areas but not inner city areas which are much more deprived generally.

Compared to what you would be paying a child-minder or babysitter for 22 and a half hours of childcare, it's ridiculously good value (and that's even before you take into account the kit and bag they receive)

Feckitt

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 17, 2017, 02:09:36 PM

You have got to be kidding!   Considering the top quality O'Neill's Jersey, Half Zip top and school bag that the children get, the Cul Camp is virtually for free!  You don't have to buy a schoolbag in September!

As 5 Sams says, nearly always a couple of county players helping out with coaching, This is by far the best summer camp in the country. 

delgany

You have to run an official cup camp before you can organise your own

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: delgany on July 17, 2017, 04:34:46 PM

No you don't. What is it Nazi Germany. We ran our own for 20 quid a child or 30 a family. They got county coaches, an o neills t shirt and catered food brought in.

The point about the babysitting etc proves my point.  Those that are unemployed don't need babysitters but they couldn't pay 40 quid a child.

No doubt cúl camps are well run and great in south Dublin etc but they don't work in estates in Derry City too well.

theticklemister

I seen pics of yours last week Fear Bun; looked very good. As you say, around our area in Shantallow, Gallaghe and Carnhill; money is tight like- 40 quid is still good value however.

manfromdelmonte

cannot stop a club running a camp

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: theticklemister on July 17, 2017, 07:52:33 PM
I seen pics of yours last week Fear Bun; looked very good. As you say, around our area in Shantallow, Gallaghe and Carnhill; money is tight like- 40 quid is still good value however.

It was great lad. 40 is good value for a lot of people but it excludes loads too.

shark

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 17, 2017, 08:36:58 PM
cannot stop a club running a camp

Yep, we run our own one too. €10 a kid.

BenDover

I'm in the middle of organising a camp for our own club, £25 for the first child and £20 for the any others from that family. TBH I've had no bother getting people to register atm I've 125 registrations, the biggest issue I had was getting players/coaches to give up their time. It wasn't till they were getting some compensation that I got an influx of minors/young seniors.

StephenC

Jersey this year is hideous.

guy crouchback

the kids love it!!
personally i can't stand it. in the spring i was ordering gear our the kids in our squash club. i was silly enough to give them the choice of color. i wanted a nice light blue with white trim.
nothing would do them but luminous orange. so that's what we got.
a number of our senior members then came looking for the same ones!!!

its the style!!