NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Healy Park looked to be in its usual shite condition. What do they use the ground for during the week? mud wrestling?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 03, 2019, 05:57:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2019, 04:56:39 PM
That was pure muck by Tyrone, long winter, short summer based on that

Not unusual for Tyrone to start the year slow though. Admittedly they are not usually quite this poor.

Never seen the game v Kerry,  but to score just 3 points up to the 42 minute at home, will tell you all you need to know.

The free taker was dreadful, fielding was awful.. Mikey would have a lot of work to improve that!

Kieth Higgins goal brilliant and the oldest man on the pitch the best player
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

spuds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2019, 06:08:24 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 03, 2019, 05:57:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2019, 04:56:39 PM
That was pure muck by Tyrone, long winter, short summer based on that

Not unusual for Tyrone to start the year slow though. Admittedly they are not usually quite this poor.

Never seen the game v Kerry,  but to score just 3 points up to the 42 minute at home, will tell you all you need to know.

The free taker was dreadful, fielding was awful.. Mikey would have a lot of work to improve that!

Kieth Higgins goal brilliant and the oldest man on the pitch the best player
Higgins 34 shortly. Andy Moran 36 at end of year.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Blowitupref

Ah the NFL with its thrills and spills, the sooner those the top realize this is the tiered competition they seek the better.

Very impressive win for Mayo must be record win for them in Omagh? and more than makes up for their 12 point home defeat last year. Not just two defeats for Tyrone but just 0-7,0-10 the last two weekends is very poor.

Cavan with another competitive showing in Div 1 but Kerry like Galway last week had that little bit extra to grab the victory.

The rossies up and running with a win against the odds. The 2nd AI semi finalist they have beaten in the last 3 weekends and holding teams to low scores. Monaghan's lack of consistency strikes again though.

Roll on week 3.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

A right humdinger in the Hyde as we overcame all sorts of handicaps to beat mighty Monaghan.
2 men in the sin bin at the same time, too many wides, Conor McManus, Harney hobbling, an Ulster Ref, our best forward suspended....... 16 of last year's panel not available
Amazing what organisation, attitude and organised defending can achieve.
Helps when you have a Manager who picks the best available players and then sets about making them competitive Inter County footballers.
Dalys massive today and Killoran continues to excel (at the right time today).
Very positive day and we should have a right cut at staying in Div 1 now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SouthDublinBro

Kevin McStay was holding back that Roscommon team for years.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Rossfan on February 03, 2019, 07:45:48 PM
A right humdinger in the Hyde as we overcame all sorts of handicaps to beat mighty Monaghan.
2 men in the sin bin at the same time, too many wides, Conor McManus, Harney hobbling, an Ulster Ref, our best forward suspended....... 16 of last year's panel not available
Helps when you have a Manager who picks the best available players and then sets about making them competitive Inter County footballers.
No forwards playing in defence helps

oliverkelly

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 03, 2019, 08:15:05 PM
No forwards playing in defence helps

The at the right time re killoran is right. That he was average for 50 minutes and could have been taken off then finished unreal caught two unreal balls set up kilroy and maybe luckily set up Harney for the penalty. Dalys and all defenders excellent. Great win and fully deserved. Taught ref was hard on us. Cox was quite from play and done a lot of tracking back. Cox some outragous frees with the outside of the boot

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: oakleafgael on February 03, 2019, 04:27:12 PM
Tyrone awful again. Only Peter Harte making an impact. Andy Moran brilliant for Mayo. Aidan O'Shea letting himself down again with the amateur dramatics again.
That was a straight red all day long, cheap, cowardly shot
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Duine Eile

Galway were shocking yesterday, no imagination, no common sense and looked like they had decided before the game that Dublin were going to win this, what's the point of trying. Breathnach wasn't the answer in goal 4 years ago, he still isn't. SA O Ceallaigh can't defend without fouling, our half back line can't defend. Midfield was a disaster, Duggan isn't a shadow of the player he was last year, putting Tom Flynn in the FF line showed a bit of outside the box thinking but then they don't kick in any long ball into him  ::) Cooke, McDaid and Sean Kelly were the only ones to show a bit of fight yesterday. Shane Walsh, yet again, flattered to deceive, when the pressure came on he didn't want to know. Johnny Duane in the forward line is another ridiculous decision. There's plenty of excuses being offered for the pathetic performance between club commitments, injuries, fitness levels etc but that wasn't good enough. 

Quote from: cornetto on February 02, 2019, 10:59:50 PM
Would you believe instead of a night in coppers,a galway selection will play corofin tomorrow,now that's co- operation!!!

I wouldn't call that cooperation, I'd call that flogging players who have a busy enough schedule without adding extra matches. Peter Cooke in particular has had a seriously demanding month and he's not finished yet.

An Fhairche Abu

I think it's going to be a struggle to stay up with tough away matches to come (I don't think Tyrone will be as bad by the time Round 7 comes along), realistically Galway have to win both remaining home games and see if that's enough. The way they are playing at the moment I don't see any points to be had in Monaghan next weekend.
It's not great at the minute but we'll have to reserve judgement until the summer is over, no point getting too up or down in the first week of February.

Duine Eile

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 03, 2019, 10:24:14 PM
I think it's going to be a struggle to stay up with tough away matches to come (I don't think Tyrone will be as bad by the time Round 7 comes along), realistically Galway have to win both remaining home games and see if that's enough. The way they are playing at the moment I don't see any points to be had in Monaghan next weekend.
It's not great at the minute but we'll have to reserve judgement until the summer is over, no point getting too up or down in the first week of February.

Enough going on to set alarm bells ringing though! We also don't have a consistent free taker, Shane Walsh misses as many as he scores, in all likelihood McHugh won't be playing come championship and he's inconsistent enough with them too.

An Fhairche Abu

I didn't expect anything different from the league this year for Galway then what's transpired so far, as a result I'm not ready to sound the alarm bells just yet but obviously performances like Saturday night are not good enough at all at this level.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Duine Eile on February 03, 2019, 10:26:52 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 03, 2019, 10:24:14 PM

Enough going on to set alarm bells ringing though! We also don't have a consistent free taker, Shane Walsh misses as many as he scores, in all likelihood McHugh won't be playing come championship and he's inconsistent enough with them too.

Not sure we'll be able to read much from the league to be honest bar Kevin Walsh is not going to change. We might have 4 possibly 5 different forwards on the field in the Summer than we had against Dublin. A few more changes further back.

Think we have to win our two remaining home games because I don't see us picking up any points on the road.

Felt for Cooke the last day. Very good in the first half but was running on fumes by half time. Only for all the players unavailable I'm sure Walsh probably wouldn't be using him so much given his schedule.

McDaid and Sean Andy injury doubts now for Monaghan as well.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on February 03, 2019, 05:57:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 03, 2019, 04:38:23 PM
What a fantastic win for the Rossies. Big scalp
That's it in a nutshell, every team will want to beat the team that beat the Dubs.
Especially Cavan

EPIC by PATRICK KAVANAGH, 1938

I have lived in important places, times
When great events were decided : who owned
That half a rood of rock, a no-man's land
Surrounded by our pitchfork-armed claims.

I heard the Duffys shouting "Damn your soul"
And old McCabe stripped to the waist, seen
Step the plot defying blue cast-steel -
"Here is the march along these iron stones."

That was the year of the Munich bother. Which
Was most important ? I inclined
To lose my faith in Ballyrush and Gortin
Till Homer's ghost came whispering to my mind.
He said : I made the Iliad from such
A local row. Gods make their own importance.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU