Pheonix Gas to Firmus

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, April 21, 2011, 10:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Folks I know that there is a thread on Airtricty, but with Pheonix gas putting prices up by 39% I was wondering if any of you had switched to Firmus?
Is it as good as it sounds?
How long is the waiting list? (Heard that they can only take 8000 new customers a month!).
Is it a no-brainer?
Tbc....

Minder

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 21, 2011, 10:57:35 PM
Folks I know that there is a thread on Airtricty, but with Pheonix gas putting prices up by 39% I was wondering if any of you had switched to Firmus?
Is it as good as it sounds?
How long is the waiting list? (Heard that they can only take 8000 new customers a month!).
Is it a no-brainer?

I would be wary of Firmus doing something similar when they get enough signed up !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

It would be worth ringing Firmus about prices and see if they could guarantee a lower price than Phoenix for a few months. As Minder says I would assume they both pay the same wholesale price so a price hike by them can't be far away.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2011, 11:14:50 PM
It would be worth ringing Firmus about prices and see if they could guarantee a lower price than Phoenix for a few months. As Minder says I would assume they both pay the same wholesale price so a price hike by them can't be far away.

7.5% off Phoenix prices for first 12 months and 5% for second 12 months.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

I'm planning on doing it. Seems like a no-brainer. Just swap back if the price differences flip.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2011, 11:14:50 PM

your assumption would be 100% wrong.