Telephone area codes for Ireland

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, November 24, 2009, 07:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Could one of you lovely people out there, please help me, I need a list of the area codes for down South.
I already have the County codes eg: Donegal 072,073, 074 & 075, but I need a list of the town breakdowns (the next couiple of digits).
Any help greatly appreciated.
Tbc....

Gnevin

As far as I know they've done away with this system since number portability was introduced . So any data would just be historic .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

turk

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 24, 2009, 07:59:59 PM
Could one of you lovely people out there, please help me, I need a list of the area codes for down South.
I already have the County codes eg: Donegal 072,073, 074 & 075, but I need a list of the town breakdowns (the next couiple of digits).
Any help greatly appreciated.

I think you'll still find this in an eircom phonebook - they list the codes of the major towns in the country - they aren't based on county by county as some counties have more than one code etc.

Farrandeelin

In Mayo Ballina is 096 (extends to West Sligo), Castlebar is 094, Belmullet is 097. I'm not too sure about South Mayo areas. Galway city is 091 AFAIK.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 24, 2009, 09:10:45 PM
In Mayo Ballina is 096 (extends to West Sligo), Castlebar is 094, Belmullet is 097. I'm not too sure about South Mayo areas. Galway city is 091 AFAIK.

South Mayo is also 094, Westport area is 098.

boojangles

Cavan is 049, round the Longford border is 043,round Oldcastle and the Meath border is 046,up around Bailieboro and Kingscourt is 042, North Cavan around Redhills and Monaghan border is 047,up North west Cavan,Blacklion and Dowra, around Leitrim and Fermanagh border I think is 071. There are further codes along with them. Like Cavan town is 43, Cootehill is 55,Belturbet is 95,Ballyjamesduff and Virginia is 85.