Fuckin.g Unionists putting more obstacles in the way of peace!!

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, November 09, 2009, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

This is getting f**king ridiculous  >:( the rest of the world is saying get to fcuk on with it and these pricks are putting more preconditions in the way - w**kers!

DUP: Police plan is deal-breaker 

The DUP MP Jeffrey Donaldson has said he does not believe policing and justice will be devolved if the full time police reserve is phased out.

Northern Ireland's Chief Constable Matt Baggott said on Friday he would wind up the reserve within 16 months.

Mr Donaldson said there would not be the necessary unionist confidence for devolving justice powers if that happened.

Sinn Fein have said devolution should happen without further preconditions.

On Monday Mr Donaldson said it was "absolutely clear" that the DUP would not agree to devolution if the reserve is disbanded.

However, Sinn Fein's Alex Maskey said the disbandment of the reserve is an operational matter for the Chief Constable which should not be politicised.

Reforms

The reserve is a auxiliary group of Northern Ireland police officers who support the regular force in security-related policing work.

It was set up in 1970 in response to the growing threat from paramilitaries. At its strongest it had about 3,500 officers, but now has only about 440.

It is to be phased out by March 2011, a move which was one of the key recommendations of the Patten report which led to major reforms on policing in Northern Ireland.

The DUP had listed retaining the reserve as a confidence building measure necessary for the devolution of policing and justice.

In recent days, there have been increasingly bitter exchanges between the DUP and Sinn Fein over the devolution issue.

Sinn Fein have accused the DUP of raising unnecessary obstructions, while the DUP have replied that they will not be blackmailed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8350401.stm
Tbc....

Hereiam

Its about time people realised that the prodestant community does not want us catholics to be on equal terms with them That is why they voted in the DUP and its why you will see Jim Allistar do well in the next elections.

ziggysego

I told you all months ago that the goalposts would be moved and was laughed at!
Testing Accessibility

nifan

Quote from: Hereiam on November 09, 2009, 02:06:16 PM
Its about time people realised that the prodestant community does not want us catholics to be on equal terms with them

Thats a gross generalization.
As someone who has said before that you wont socialize with protestants you obviously dont see us on equal terms yourself.

stew

Quote from: nifan on November 09, 2009, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on November 09, 2009, 02:06:16 PM
Its about time people realised that the prodestant community does not want us catholics to be on equal terms with them

Thats a gross generalization.
As someone who has said before that you wont socialize with protestants you obviously dont see us on equal terms yourself.

:D :D :D :D

I was thinking that myself. There are some in the Protestant community that will always see Catholics as second class citizens  just as there are Protestants that want everyone treated equally, nifan is 100% correct.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hereiam

Its not that I don't see yous on equal terms it just that I wouldn't trust any of ye.

Hardy

Sometimes you have to give your head a shake and remind yourself it's 2009.

red hander

Time for the Shinners to bring that farce at Stormont down and stand for re-election on a non-violent abstentionist platform.  The re-imposition of direct rule after the inevitable failure of Stormont will bring about re-unification sooner rather than later as the brits get EVEN more pissed off with the failed statelet

haranguerer

Quote from: ziggysego on November 09, 2009, 02:16:14 PM

come on now ziggy, did people on here really laugh when you alluded to unionist intransigence??? surely not nordies anyway - we all know theres no other kind of unionism....

Gnevin

Quote from: red hander on November 09, 2009, 05:55:19 PM
Time for the Shinners to bring that farce at Stormont down and stand for re-election on a non-violent abstentionist platform.  The re-imposition of direct rule after the inevitable failure of Stormont will bring about re-unification sooner rather than later as the brits get EVEN more pissed off with the failed statelet

Can't see how. It won't change the demographics any quicker. Unless it would convince some Unionist to change there position 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 09, 2009, 07:32:09 PM

I do believe you're talking through your hole. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the situation in the North could have told you the DUP would try and move the goalposts.

Look it up then.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 09, 2009, 07:57:58 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 09, 2009, 07:36:17 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on November 09, 2009, 07:32:09 PM

I do believe you're talking through your hole. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the situation in the North could have told you the DUP would try and move the goalposts.

Look it up then.

No, I can't be arsed.

You must be from the east of the county then
Testing Accessibility

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

For God's sake, look at who made the statement on behalf of the party he's currently with.... ::)

Also:

a) I can't see Jim Allister doing well in the 2010 elections,

b) I can never see the Shinners going back to an abstentionist policy.

This is all still just manoeuvring by the Shinners and the DUP. And we all get what we deserve when we vote for these ones.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

tyssam5

Is the 'reserve police force' like some kind of dole/pension-plan for selected Orangemen? How does it's religious make-up compare to the regular RUC/PSNI?

Rossfan

99% Prod/Unionist and 1% Agnostic/Unionist obviously.  ::)
I presume they'll want the B Specials re established next. :( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM