Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: downtothecore on April 15, 2023, 03:51:04 PM
Yeah this setup is not right.  Lot of folk dont like lavery but none of his teams he has been involved with in down have been beaten like this.
Poor Benny, a great player over the years but he's been bluffing everyone for years both as paid County Coach and a Club journeyman Manager.

5times5times

Quote from: wobbller on April 16, 2023, 04:47:55 PM
Yeah this setup is not right.  Lot of folk dont like lavery but none of his teams he has been involved with in down have been beaten like this.
Poor Benny, a great player over the years but he's been bluffing everyone for years both as paid County Coach and a Club journeyman Manager.

And getting paid a fortune in Rostrevor too, and look how Fri night went for them

marty34

Quote from: 5times5times on April 16, 2023, 05:01:38 PM

And getting paid a fortune in Rostrevor too, and look how Fri night went for them

Is he over a few teams?

Sandstorm

If one of Laverty's teams got a tanking like that this forum would be going crazy.

5times5times

Quote from: marty34 on April 16, 2023, 06:29:39 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on April 16, 2023, 05:01:38 PM

Is he over a few teams?

Managing Rostrevor too for a pretty penny. Threw away an open goal IFC last year v saval.

Wildweasel74

You might miss how strong that Derry team is, they lost to Donegal in the league final but I think Derry a, 8/9pt a better team than them. I wait see how they perform against other teams.

Ed Hardy

Did S Johnson play for Kilcoo on Friday? I wonder could he included in the 26 for next Sunday. I'd love to see him and Kerr on the same team breaking forward, be seriously hard to stop. Anyone care to hazard a guess at the starting 15?

SHEEDY

Quote from: Ed Hardy on April 16, 2023, 08:17:59 PM
Did S Johnson play for Kilcoo on Friday? I wonder could he included in the 26 for next Sunday. I'd love to see him and Kerr on the same team breaking forward, be seriously hard to stop. Anyone care to hazard a guess at the starting 15?
I'll take a stab at 15 being;

Niall Kane

Peter fegan
Ryan McEvoy
Pierce Laverty
Miceal Rooney
Niall mcparland
Gerard Collins

Anthony Doherty
Odhran Murdock

Ryan Johnson
Eugene brannigan
Danny magill
Liam kerr
Pat havern
Rory mason

Donnacha mcaleenan, Connor Francis, Ceilum Doherty and Jerome Johnson are other options to start but that's team I'd go with, probably somebody else I've forgotten though.
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

I was at the Offaly game in Tullamore and it was probably Downs best performance in the league this year. Docherty was named in midfield and played full back, and McEvoy played midfield. Both played very well particularly McEvoy, and I think him and Murdock would be an excellent midfield partnership going forward.

Will Laverty start Murdock if it effects his eligibility for the u20s?

Danny Magill was also very impressive v Offaly and Eugene Brannigan played in the full forward line, weighed in with 2 or 3 points but was very effective when Offaly had the ball, putting pressure on defenders etc.

I cant see Laverty leaving both McAleenan and Celium Doherty on the bench,  Gilmore is another option but seems to be more effective coming on as sub.

I'd be happy with any of the 3 keepers  starting but have a feeling he will start with Kane. I really think Donegal are there for the taking, there has been a cracking atmosphere at all the games in Newry this year and the u20s have given the county a huge boost too.

ardtole

I'd go with
Kane

Fegan
A Docherty
Laverty

Francis
McPartland
Rooney

McEvoy
Murdock (possibly Donnelly if fit, and Murdock is saved for u20's)

Ryan Johnson
C Doherty
L Kerr

E Brannigan
Havern
McAleenan

Truth hurts

The minors are lacking in quality and will struggle once more on Sunday. The game against Fermanagh will be a lot more equal. I hope they can put in a performance with a big home crowd behind them.

My team for Sunday (Let Murdock play u20)

Kane

Fegan
A Docherty
Laverty

Francis
C Doherty
Rooney

McEvoy
Annett

Ryan Johnson
McAleenan
L Kerr

E Brannigan
Havern
Gilmore

Anyone at any league matches, I was shocked at the Longstone victory. Castlewellan and Downpatrick will fancy themselves to come back up.

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 17, 2023, 10:59:48 AM
The minors are lacking in quality and will struggle once more on Sunday. The game against Fermanagh will be a lot more equal. I hope they can put in a performance with a big home crowd behind them.

Kane

Fegan
A Docherty
Laverty

Francis
C Doherty
Rooney

McEvoy
Annett

Ryan Johnson
McAleenan
L Kerr

E Brannigan
Havern
Gilmore

Anyone at any league matches, I was shocked at the Longstone victory. Castlewellan and Downpatrick will fancy themselves to come back up.
There is no one on here that attended League matches on Friday night.Sweet mother of Jesus-what a daft question.

Truth hurts

Quote from: SamFever on April 17, 2023, 02:04:16 PM

Kane

Fegan
A Docherty
Laverty

Francis
C Doherty
Rooney

McEvoy
Annett

Ryan Johnson
McAleenan
L Kerr

E Brannigan
Havern
Gilmore

There is no one on here that attended League matches on Friday night.Sweet mother of Jesus-what a daft question.

Ok did you attend the hammering by Castlewellan on Friday past? Do you think they will get another hiding in Ballyholland? Do you think they will stay in division 2?

Are those questions better?

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 17, 2023, 02:14:47 PM
Quote from: SamFever on April 17, 2023, 02:04:16 PM

Kane

Fegan
A Docherty
Laverty

Francis
C Doherty
Rooney

McEvoy
Annett

Ryan Johnson
McAleenan
L Kerr

E Brannigan
Havern
Gilmore

Ok did you attend the hammering by Castlewellan on Friday past? Do you think they will get another hiding in Ballyholland? Do you think they will stay in division 2?

Are those questions better?
Better questions alright but you'll be getting no answers from me until you say what Club you're from.

urbangael

Anyone trying to predict a starting 15 for Sunday would be safer picking the lotto numbers. No team used more players than Down throughout thr league. I still don't think Lav knows his best 15. Really only 5 certain starters IMO... Mcevoy Lavery Murdock (if allowed) Kerr and Havern. I think he'll also go with Ryan J Miceal Rooney bobo and Doc from his own club.