Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: johnnycool on January 31, 2023, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on January 31, 2023, 02:06:03 PM
Tyrone gaa are meeting to change age grades. Is this happening in Down?

For 2024?

I am not sure tbh,

The Tyrone CCC will have a meeting with clubs next Tuesday to determine whether the county will stick with the age groups of U13, U15, U17 and U19 or move to U14, U16, U18 and U20. Vote will be taken solely by the clubs.

MATTSARACEN

Sure why don't you tell us how you really feel  :o :o
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Nanderson

Anyone watching the sigerson match between st marys and ucc. Looks like down playing kildare on the other pitch. not sure if seniors or u20s

downtothecore

U20s are playing kildare in challenge tonight

Truth hurts

A good East Down source told me that its looking like Jerome Johnstone along with Aidan Brannigan to manage Kilcoo. Conor Laverty will head proceedings when the county season finishes. The timings of the Gilligan and Thornton exit meant that candidates are thin on the ground .

Granto

White smoke from the Whin Fires then  ;)

Lotto

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 03, 2023, 08:43:49 AM
A good East Down source told me that its looking like Jerome Johnstone along with Aidan Brannigan to manage Kilcoo. Conor Laverty will head proceedings when the county season finishes. The timings of the Gilligan and Thornton exit meant that candidates are thin on the ground .

I believe very little of what you say but what is obvious is that Kilcoo cannot attract a big enough name to fit their egos. If there is any truth about Jerome Johnston, even though having soundly rejected him weeks ago they may now proclaim he is the man they wanted all along. Jerome as a caretaker boss, catch yourself on that will just never happen.

thewobbler

Is it to early to suggest that Conor has a settled defence and midfield in mind already, while Kerr, McAleeenan, Doherty, Havern (and possibly O'Hagan) are pretty much locked in for the forward line?

Amazing turnaround in just 4 months if this is the case.

thebar

Quote from: thewobbler on February 03, 2023, 08:44:01 PM
Is it to early to suggest that Conor has a settled defence and midfield in mind already, while Kerr, McAleeenan, Doherty, Havern (and possibly O'Hagan) are pretty much locked in for the forward line?

Amazing turnaround in just 4 months if this is the case.

Fully behind the Down Set Up but lets not get carried away. Anyone with a little sense and organisation would have improved the set up from last year which is welcomed but wouldn't be calling anything amazing in the month of February. Of course time will tell and good luck to the whole set up.

ardtole

Come the Donegal game, I think O'Hagan, Kerr, Havern  McAleenan and Gilmore could be 5 of the 6 forwards. With McPartland playing the sweeper role a more defensive minded player could possibly claim the other half forward spot.

I'm not sure if Doherty and McAleenan can both be accommodated in the same forward line despite both being named to start tomorrow.

Gilmore looks like he has a goal in him whenever he plays,, very promising player. At half back in particular we seem to have great strength in depth.

Johnnysboys

Interesting selection for tomorrow nights game. No doubt there will be changes to the starting lineup as always but as mentioned above - a few names seem to be certain for positions now. Massive improvement in 12 months which is great to see - another two point's tomorrow night and we are nicely set going into the week off.

ardtole

There was only 1 change to the team that was named to start v Tipp. I think Shay Millar picked an injury up in the warm up and Gerdy Collins replaced him.

Last Caress

Is there any live streaming of the game this evening?

SHEEDY

Quote from: Last Caress on February 04, 2023, 09:49:24 AM
Is there any live streaming of the game this evening?
no, gaago have rights to national League, they don't tend to cover division 3 or 4
nil satis nisi optimum

Ed Hardy

Any radio stations covering the game?