Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblackareback

What is going on in this proud county of ours? Ronan McCartan & Frank Dawson added to our U20 set-up and no club consulted. The McCartan appointment is most bemusing considering Laverty did everything in his power to get rid of the poor fella last year. Devenney and McAteer seem to have fallen under the same magic spell as the panel of 50 players we still carry. It will not be long before our good clubs start asking hard questions.

terrifictommy

I must agree, it's up to Conor who chooses to help. As for having 50 players, what's the problem. Sometimes the best individual players don't always make the best team, maybe we're still figuring out all those permutations

downtothecore

Maybe this discussion board should prevent late night posting... some folks might be under the influence and the crap spews out...

WeeJamseyMcC95

Quote from: downtothecore on January 22, 2023, 04:14:37 PM
Maybe this discussion board should prevent late night posting... some folks might be under the influence and the crap spews out...

Truth hurts seems to be under the influence 100% of the time with the amount of crap he spews out!!

Truth hurts

Quote from: WeeJamseyMcC95 on January 23, 2023, 03:53:49 PM
Quote from: downtothecore on January 22, 2023, 04:14:37 PM

Truth hurts seems to be under the influence 100% of the time with the amount of crap he spews out!!

The 2 men that should not be there are the 2 Nialls.. IMO these men are not with Down for their skills at football..

You will never live that statement down, now please don't mention my username again.

urbangael

Is the Tipp v Down game on any TV platform on sat night? Can't travel due to work commitments.

snoopdog

Quote from: urbangael on January 23, 2023, 09:54:16 PM
Is the Tipp v Down game on any TV platform on sat night? Can't travel due to work commitments.
Possibly gaago.

County Star

Won't be on any gaa platforms.

WeeJamseyMcC95

Quote from: DanTheMan12 on January 24, 2023, 01:34:07 PM
match tickets going fast https://picshost.pics/DNGYT2

Any thoughts on what Glen should do? IMO they should be sending the appeal in asap.. GAA hasn't a leg to stand on with the additional player on the goal mouth. Still think the best team won on the day but its a shame it is being darkened with a silly mistake.

Lloyd p

Has the down panel been cut for the national league? Be interesting to see the line up and panel this weekend

Truth hurts

Excellent to see St Marks back winning again, the new young staff have started to push the school forward on the GAA pitch after years over neglect. WE need this in the Downpatrick schools ASAP

terrifictommy

It's a mess. Such a shame that it's been put on Glen. If that was my club I'd like to say I'd be gracious in defeat and accept the end result - But as a player I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about 'what if' that player wasn't on the goal line.

The governance should step up and be leaders of the association.

DanTheMan12

I do believe Glenn will appeal this decision; we will find out the outcome come tomorrow evening.

however, The well funded dubs will win again IMO