Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 29, 2022, 02:22:45 PM

Disgusting post. Absolutely rotten. Disgraceful and unfounded, no need for it at all.

Disgusting
Rotten
Disgraceful
Unfounded

But yet totally true. If you're trying to tell me that these coaches turn up to every single session in the school/area they are assigned to - you are deluded. And there is absolutely no accountability for missing days here and there. If other people were so weak at their jobs they wouldn't last long that's for sure.
[/quote]

You have yet to come with any facts on this, except spewing misinformation. Catch yourself on.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 29, 2022, 02:33:16 PM

Disgusting post. Absolutely rotten. Disgraceful and unfounded, no need for it at all.

Disgusting
Rotten
Disgraceful
Unfounded

But yet totally true. If you're trying to tell me that these coaches turn up to every single session in the school/area they are assigned to - you are deluded. And there is absolutely no accountability for missing days here and there. If other people were so weak at their jobs they wouldn't last long that's for sure.

You have yet to come with any facts on this, except spewing misinformation. Catch yourself on.
[/quote]

Misinformation
My child is in St Dallans in Warrenpoint and has had pe called off more times than enough in the recent past due to the county coach not showing up. My sisters child is in the meadow in Newry and has experienced the exact same.
My child leaves the house so excited to train under these people only to be let down at the last minute. They then get no pe as the class teacher is not qualified to take it.
So you catch yourself on

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 29, 2022, 03:12:02 PM

Disgusting
Rotten
Disgraceful
Unfounded

Misinformation
My child is in St Dallans in Warrenpoint and has had pe called off more times than enough in the recent past due to the county coach not showing up. My sisters child is in the meadow in Newry and has experienced the exact same.
My child leaves the house so excited to train under these people only to be let down at the last minute. They then get no pe as the class teacher is not qualified to take it.
So you catch yourself on
[/quote]

I am sure you have taken this up with your teacher . The Podcast should have a discussion about coaches and would they be better served in secondary schools given the lack of success in certain schools recently.

SamFever

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 29, 2022, 03:12:02 PM

Disgusting
Rotten
Disgraceful
Unfounded

Misinformation
So you catch yourself on
[/quote]
Johnnysboy--you are unfortunately a doting father.The wee Johnny Juniors are both hard done by in St Dallans and at St Marks.

Gaelforce123

There is a bigger issue there rather than a county coach but it wont suit
your main agenda here which is to make out they dont do their job. That is that the Teacher in your ‘Primary’ school is of course trained to take PE and if not taking PE in absence of a coach then is not teaching your child the curriculum they are supposed to. In fact, they are supposed to have two PE sessions a week and supposed to be involved in coach led sessions and repeat the session during the week or thats how it was supposed to be. Maybe you will start to look at the teachers also? I have heard a number of times about coaches missing sessions and days in schools before, although it is their job god forbid if they use any annual leave throughout term time. I hope they take it all in school holidays…. But then who runs the Easter Camps and Cul Camps? Actually they shouldnt take off at all. Anyone who thinks those coaches are the reasons behind Downs lack of success obviously have no sense. It starts in the clubs, the club coaches get the players who are there to play football/Hurling etc, the schools coaches coach everyone whether in A GAA club or not and try to get them interested and improve ‘basics’ at same time. Not produce All Ireland winning p7s but if can get a few more people signposted to local clubs while also providing another opportunity to practice skills at school then well worth their jobs. More likely to be club coaches who maybe love success at young ages who make us lose potentially good players with their ways? Who knows could be many reasons.

Brick Tamlin

Johnnysboys

Johnnysboy--you are unfortunately a doting father.The wee Johnny Juniors are both hard done by in St Dallans and at St Marks.
[/quote]

But not in St Colmans - I have a son there and I must say it's top drawer- couldn't complain about a thing and would doubt anyone would have a problem. Coaching - top class, PE - top class - are you saying I shouldn't demand the same where my other children are?

I agree with the gaelforce poster on club coaching though. Maybe something that needs looked at even in my own place!!

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 30, 2022, 04:43:20 PM

But not in St Colmans - I have a son there and I must say it's top drawer- couldn't complain about a thing and would doubt anyone would have a problem. Coaching - top class, PE - top class - are you saying I shouldn't demand the same where my other children are?

I agree with the gaelforce poster on club coaching though. Maybe something that needs looked at even in my own place!!
[/quote]

You are bound to be heavily involved in coaching in CPN . Are you critical that a club of Warrenpoint size play C football?

St Colmans LOL They have lost their first two MacRory games. The standards up there are slipping too in the same manner as most schools in Down.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 30, 2022, 04:50:58 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 30, 2022, 04:43:20 PM

You are bound to be heavily involved in coaching in CPN . Are you critical that a club of Warrenpoint size play C football?

St Colmans LOL They have lost their first two MacRory games. The standards up there are slipping too in the same manner as most schools in Down.
[/quote]

I have been involved for many years yes but not right now - unless asked for 2023. CPN playing at lower levels is definitely not what I would want but the powers above decide that.

Well mccrory is what it is - all teams qualify anyhow so what's the point showing your hand now? Bit of a farce playing so much football before Christmas that has no real meaning.

Truth hurts

Given the amount of training they are undertaking, Dundrum will be in good shape for the upcoming season. If you aren't working out or lifting weights right now, you'll probably fall behind. Senior clubs now have higher training standards than counties had at the turn of the century. Can it go any further?

Smurfy123

Johhny you have never coached in CPN

But you have coached in plenty of clubs including your own!!

Noisy neighbour

Don't know what your gripe with St Marks is??

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 01, 2022, 09:00:54 AM
Given the amount of training they are undertaking, Dundrum will be in good shape for the upcoming season. If you aren't working out or lifting weights right now, you'll probably fall behind. Senior clubs now have higher training standards than counties had at the turn of the century. Can it go any further?

Do Dundrum have a large influx of young talent coming through? I believe a few of their elder statesmen have retired, not sure how big a squad they would have to cope with that.

Gaelforce123

Truth Hurts what is the issue if players are in gyms in the winter? Do those in other sports not do conditioning year round? Athletics, Rugby, boxing, football,Basketball? Whether amateur sport or not the gym is a culture nowadays for the average young person whether playing sport or not so I personally think its good if clubs are investing in programmes or coaches that will teach young people what to do in the gym to prevent injury and improve physical ability etc rather than them go with their mates to the local private gym and lift weights with no knowledge of what they are doing and getting injured. Good on any club who have got this in place. I do agree in down time though and that this is structured in a way that it doesn't feel like they are at team training all year round. Dont know why people on here complain about it, ask your clubs players, they are happy to be doing gym work and happy with the high training standards. With county standards getting higher its only natural clubs will too so that the gap between your club and county players doesnt become to big of a gap to close for aspiring top players

Truth hurts

Quote from: Gaelforce123 on December 01, 2022, 11:13:00 AM
Truth Hurts what is the issue if players are in gyms in the winter? Do those in other sports not do conditioning year round? Athletics, Rugby, boxing, football,Basketball? Whether amateur sport or not the gym is a culture nowadays for the average young person whether playing sport or not so I personally think its good if clubs are investing in programmes or coaches that will teach young people what to do in the gym to prevent injury and improve physical ability etc rather than them go with their mates to the local private gym and lift weights with no knowledge of what they are doing and getting injured. Good on any club who have got this in place. I do agree in down time though and that this is structured in a way that it doesn't feel like they are at team training all year round. Dont know why people on here complain about it, ask your clubs players, they are happy to be doing gym work and happy with the high training standards. With county standards getting higher its only natural clubs will too so that the gap between your club and county players doesnt become to big of a gap to close for aspiring top players
[/quo

I never asserted that it is flawed in any way. Every club is working on programmes for the upcoming season in its facilities. If not, you are falling behind. Most clubs in Down have a gym where players can train, which is fantastic.

Truth hurts

Quote from: manwithnoplan on December 01, 2022, 11:09:47 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on December 01, 2022, 09:00:54 AM

Do Dundrum have a large influx of young talent coming through? I believe a few of their elder statesmen have retired, not sure how big a squad they would have to cope with that.

Not really; fair play for the golden generation for sticking with it. Dundrum and Ballykinlar need  to amalgamate and reform under a Tyrella umbrella, there is a big catchment .