Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: supersub on November 06, 2022, 12:33:08 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 31, 2022, 11:25:25 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 31, 2022, 11:05:01 AM
3rds teams are 3rds teams. You can't drop down. The rules are clear for all too see. Kilcoo thirds I believe would walk 4 and finish top half 3

Teconnaught, Dromara, Bosco, Finn, Kilcief - Would beat them and have beat them in challenge games over the years. Also going away to Ardglass isn't a nice trip to the seaside.

No they wouldn't. Kilcoo 2nds would easily win Division 4. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Aye supersub look at my most recent post 4/5 above - I said I was wrong

Lecale Gael

I see the same rubbish still being churned out on here. Never read so much rubbish on a forum than on here. And it's the same half dozen wums.
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Hard2Listen2

Ross Carr back with Clonduff?

A real family affair?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Lecale Gael on November 06, 2022, 06:56:56 PM
I see the same rubbish still being churned out on here. Never read so much rubbish on a forum than on here. And it's the same half dozen wums.

And yet you read it & reply to it?

🤡

manwithnoplan

Quote from: supersub on November 06, 2022, 12:33:08 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 31, 2022, 11:25:25 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 31, 2022, 11:05:01 AM
3rds teams are 3rds teams. You can't drop down. The rules are clear for all too see. Kilcoo thirds I believe would walk 4 and finish top half 3

Teconnaught, Dromara, Bosco, Finn, Kilcief - Would beat them and have beat them in challenge games over the years. Also going away to Ardglass isn't a nice trip to the seaside.

No they wouldn't. Kilcoo 2nds would easily win Division 4. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Of course they would. They would compete in division 2 and IFC. The debate was regarding thirds teams however, so no need for the straw man argument.

Truth hurts

Big celebrations in the parish of Kilmegan yesterday with Castlewellan and the Finn beating the Carryduff select.
I would love to see the two clubs combine at senior level again as Castlewellan has not been as strong since the Finn reformed.

GAA Madness

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on November 06, 2022, 07:53:00 PM

A real family affair?

Where is this coming from? Confirmed?

Truth hurts

I just heard that Jerome will take the sideline at the weekend. How will that go down will the Kilcoo people I wonder. He has gave great service to Kilcoo so I think he has earned the respect there but he is plotting the downfall of his own family and club. It must be hard on him.

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 07, 2022, 10:50:02 AM
I just heard that Jerome will take the sideline at the weekend. How will that go down will the Kilcoo people I wonder. He has gave great service to Kilcoo so I think he has earned the respect there but he is plotting the downfall of his own family and club. It must be hard on him.
Just heard or just dreamt?

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 07, 2022, 10:50:02 AM

That comes with the territory of managing another club. Many county managers do the same every year too. And I assume he isn't doing it for free either, why would he not be expected to be on the sideline?

Lotto

Conflicting rumours of whether he will or will not be on the line. He helped develop alot of these players and has influenced his own lads all their lives. When you take on a management position you have to big enough to accept everything that goes with it both good and bad. He has been prepared to take the dough to date, bad form if he hasn't the balls to stand by the Ballybay team and club.

nrico2006

Quote from: Lotto on November 07, 2022, 05:56:30 PM
Conflicting rumours of whether he will or will not be on the line. He helped develop alot of these players and has influenced his own lads all their lives. When you take on a management position you have to big enough to accept everything that goes with it both good and bad. He has been prepared to take the dough to date, bad form if he hasn't the balls to stand by the Ballybay team and club.

Exactly, plus it wasn't as if it was extremely unlikely that these teams could meet.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Johnnysboys

A real family affair?

Most definitely not. They have got some package in this year. Their sales of club down tickets will need to be through the roof to afford these men.

Lloyd p

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 07, 2022, 06:38:10 PM

A real family affair?

Most definitely not. They have got some package in this year. Their sales of club down tickets will need to be through the roof to afford these men.

Which men would that be?

There hasn't been much chat about Clonduff in the Busy Bee or the Bay Side Catch.