Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

County Star

Quote from: ardtole on February 05, 2023, 10:01:42 PM
I read after the match that Barry O'Hagan suffered an ankle injury. Hopefully he is not out for too long.
ACL injury

harryR

Quote from: Lotto on February 06, 2023, 10:22:20 PM
I'd say that looking at the posts after the last two NFL games maybe 10/12 of the so called regular posters actually have gone to see Down play out of all who post on here. We all have plenty to say and I nail my colours to the mast that I will never pay to watch Down as long as that man is in charge but why do the rest of you not support them in Newry or on the road?

Without knowing anything about the situation. What's the reason for disliking him so much? I do apologise if I'm crossing the line asking.

ardtole

Saturday was the biggest crowd I've seen in Newry for a league game for quite some time. I was in Tipperary too and Down had considerably more support than the home team despite the long journey involved.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on February 07, 2023, 04:37:14 AM
Saturday was the biggest crowd I've seen in Newry for a league game for quite some time. I was in Tipperary too and Down had considerably more support than the home team despite the long journey involved.
Id agree. I'm struggling to remember last time the stand was full in a league game. Does the stand hold 5k.i won't make Enniskillen  but the rest of the games are well within range for me. Fermanagh Cavan Offaly and westmeath will be tough battles  Div 3 is a tough league . Longford have always battled hard against Down also.

Mourne Red

Quote from: snoopdog on February 07, 2023, 09:26:24 AM
Quote from: ardtole on February 07, 2023, 04:37:14 AM
Id agree. I'm struggling to remember last time the stand was full in a league game. Does the stand hold 5k.i won't make Enniskillen  but the rest of the games are well within range for me. Fermanagh Cavan Offaly and westmeath will be tough battles  Div 3 is a tough league . Longford have always battled hard against Down also.

Match is likely to be in Ederney which will be a long journey.. Brewster park is out of action. Small enough stand and not much parking at Ederney but game is being streamed on BBC iPlayer

Truth hurts

Armagh have changed the age grades but Antrim stay for the year and will wait to next year. The GAA has made a balls up on this. Its utter confusion for all clubs many who have made plans for the year.
Surely it makes more sense to change next year and let clubs prepare for this.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 07, 2023, 11:31:46 AM
Armagh have changed the age grades but Antrim stay for the year and will wait to next year. The GAA has made a balls up on this. Its utter confusion for all clubs many who have made plans for the year.
Surely it makes more sense to change next year and let clubs prepare for this.

We decide tomorrow night in the Burrendale, What way is your club voting?

Truth hurts

I believe they are meeting tonight to decide what way to vote.

I think more are swaying towards changing in 2024 as teams have began to prepare and have already had friendlies.

The u19 league begins this weekend as well and changing would result in this being scrapped.

redandblackareback

Quote from: harryR on February 07, 2023, 04:25:36 AM
I'd say that looking at the posts after the last two NFL games maybe 10/12 of the so called regular posters actually have gone to see Down play out of all who post on here. We all have plenty to say and I nail my colours to the mast that I will never pay to watch Down as long as that man is in charge but why do the rest of you not support them in Newry or on the road?

Without knowing anything about the situation. What's the reason for disliking him so much? I do apologise if I'm crossing the line asking.

Maybe he's from the Downpatrick club, Warrenpoint, Burren, Mayobridge, Clonduff, or any of the other clubs, individuals, or families that have been abused or insulted down the years by him and the club he represents?

Stop with the never seen as big a crowd in Newry nonsense, all coming to see the messiah, it wasn't that long ago we were in Divison one with 10/12k at the games. Under Tally a few years ago we had a near sell out crowd in the championship in Newry v Mayo. The only difference now is there is more Kilcoo tracksuits about.

ardtole

And there was as many Mayo as Down supporters in Newry that day if not more.

snoopdog

Quote from: redandblackareback on February 07, 2023, 12:55:34 PM
Quote from: harryR on February 07, 2023, 04:25:36 AM

Maybe he's from the Downpatrick club, Warrenpoint, Burren, Mayobridge, Clonduff, or any of the other clubs, individuals, or families that have been abused or insulted down the years by him and the club he represents?

Stop with the never seen as big a crowd in Newry nonsense, all coming to see the messiah, it wasn't that long ago we were in Divison one with 10/12k at the games. Under Tally a few years ago we had a near sell out crowd in the championship in Newry v Mayo. The only difference now is there is more Kilcoo tracksuits about.
When did Down have 10/12k at a league game in Newry.  Poss V  Armagh  in 2010ish or Dublin in 2012. But you would struggle to say 11/13 years ago is recent. Mayo was Qualifier and Mayo supplied alot of that crowd.

ardtole

I see Odhran Murdock was named in the team of the week. Great talent considering his age and the position he is playing.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: ardtole on February 07, 2023, 02:42:59 PM
I see Odhran Murdock was named in the team of the week. Great talent considering his age and the position he is playing.
Who's team of the week ?

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: County Star on February 06, 2023, 11:23:58 PM
Quote from: ardtole on February 05, 2023, 10:01:42 PM
I read after the match that Barry O'Hagan suffered an ankle injury. Hopefully he is not out for too long.
ACL injury

I just spoke to Barry it's actually a knee injury which he described as not good.

Barry will be out for 12 months big loss for Down.