drici

RTÉ only matches:

29th June Kildare v Meath   Dublin v Wexford

5th July Football Qualifier 2A - changed to Clare v Wexford Hurling Qualifier
6th July Cork v Kerry   Dublin v Kilkenny/Galway

12th July Football Qualifier 2B/3A
13th July Mayo v Galway   Cork v Limerick

20th July Dublin/Wexford v Kildare/Meath   Monaghan/Armagh v Donegal

27th July All Ireland Senior Hurling Quarter Final   All Ireland Senior Hurling Quarter Final

3rd August All Ireland Senior Football Quarter Final   All Ireland Senior Football Quarter Final

johnneycool

Quote from: drici on June 26, 2014, 09:04:06 AM
RTÉ only matches:

29th June Kildare v Meath   Dublin v Wexford

5th July Football Qualifier 2A - changed to Clare v Wexford Hurling Qualifier
6th July Cork v Kerry   Dublin v Kilkenny/Galway

12th July Football Qualifier 2B/3A
13th July Mayo v Galway   Cork v Limerick

20th July Dublin/Wexford v Kildare/Meath   Monaghan/Armagh v Donegal

27th July All Ireland Senior Hurling Quarter Final   All Ireland Senior Hurling Quarter Final

3rd August All Ireland Senior Football Quarter Final   All Ireland Senior Football Quarter Final

Thankfully someone has seen a bit of sense on the 5th of July!!

DoireGael

Very disappoint that none of these channels can show the Kilkenny V Galway reply.

Can't believe how this is allowed to happen...contract or no contract.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

armaghniac

Quote from: DoireGael on June 27, 2014, 11:45:07 AM
Very disappoint that none of these channels can show the Kilkenny V Galway reply.

The contract was drawn up in the full knowledge that this might happen. These issues need to looked at, in my opinion.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

I will be AT the Minor game between Ros and Laythrum so it doesn't matter who's showing what as I won't see any TV between 7 and 9.30 anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2014, 12:48:06 PM
I will be AT the Minor game between Ros and Laythrum so it doesn't matter who's showing what as I won't see any TV between 7 and 9.30 anyway.

Good man. What about those who aren't allowed go? I'd go to Tuam if possible.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 27, 2014, 12:56:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2014, 12:48:06 PM

Good man. What about those who aren't allowed go? I'd go to Tuam if possible.

They're welcome at the Hyde for an exhibition of Connacht football.

Hopefully not by Leitrim.

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2014, 12:45:19 PM

The contract was drawn up in the full knowledge that this might happen. These issues need to looked at, in my opinion.

No TV company, SKY, RTE or TV3 are going to pay money for exclusive rights for games when there's a possibility that another game would be aired at the same time, it just wouldn't be considered.

Have you ever heard of BT and Sky showing different premiership games at the same time?

On a side issue, when the Leinster Council failed to reach agreement with RTE on screening the game, could they have went to Sky and offered to play the game at 5PM and still allow Sky to broadcast the football at 7PM?

Rossfan

Quote from: johnneycool on June 27, 2014, 01:18:15 PM

No TV company, SKY, RTE or TV3 are going to pay money for exclusive rights for games when there's a possibility that another game would be aired at the same time, it just wouldn't be considered.

Have you ever heard of BT and Sky showing different premiership games at the same time?

On a side issue, when the Leinster Council failed to reach agreement with RTE on screening the game, could they have went to Sky and offered to play the game at 5PM and still allow Sky to broadcast the football at 7PM?
Could they have GONE !!!
There'd be some moaning here if the did offer it to Sky.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

NAG1

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

Could they have GONE !!!

No I don't think they would have been able to strike a deal with SKY.

SKY have bid for a number of games already set out and as far as I am aware and without drafting of a new contract then this wont be changing.

armaghniac

I don't see why not, it would be a swings and roundabouts situation, sometimes you the replay. If not, there is market for the probability of replays, contact prices could be adjusted slightly.

QuoteNo I don't think they would have been able to strike a deal with SKY.
SKY have bid for a number of games already set out and as far as I am aware and without drafting of a new contract then this wont be changing.

What would be point of giving it to Sky, the whole idea is to let people see it!

DoireGael

Quote from: NAG1 on June 27, 2014, 02:46:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

Could they have GONE !!!

No I don't think they would have been able to strike a deal with SKY.

Whatever the legality's of the contract are, its fair to say this may well be the game of the championship and it will not be televised, simply unprofessional (for want of a better word) from the HQ, these legal docs need ironed out. These are the games you want the kids to able to watch on TV, or grab a pint in a bar even as a neutral.

Zulu

Steady on, if it wasn't for Galway's smash and grab act in the last 10 minutes last weeks game would have been quickly forgotten. The Gaa can't negotiate TV deals on the basis of possible replays it can only negotiate with the fixtures that definitely will happen. It's just unfortunate that a time suitable to the GAA and RTE couldn't be found. This type of thing only happens during world cups when the TV schedule is hectic.

armaghniac

Quote from: Zulu on June 27, 2014, 04:18:37 PM
. The Gaa can't negotiate TV deals on the basis of possible replays

Of course it can.

Quote from: Zulu on June 27, 2014, 04:18:37 PM
It's just unfortunate that a time suitable to the GAA and RTE couldn't be found. This type of thing only happens during world cups when the TV schedule is hectic.

This isn't the 1980s, RTÉ has 5 channels on Saorview and TG4 would probably love to show this game.
The "obstacles" are all ones that various people have contrived to put in place.