Ulster Minor Football Championship 2010

Started by hobit hunter, May 10, 2010, 06:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Armagh's first goal yesterday was bizarre. Great bit of quick thinking by McGeown though.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: AFS on May 17, 2010, 11:49:54 AM
Armagh's first goal yesterday was bizarre. Great bit of quick thinking by McGeown though.

Derry will be kicking themselves about that.  Never seen a keeper as exposed.  It was handier than a penalty.
In your Endo!

Aerlik

Quote from: The Doire Geal on May 16, 2010, 10:28:08 PM
its same old in Derry, sounth manager south palayers. the players from kilrea, ballienderry, glen, magherfelt, great in league but will never win you a big game, always the way and was proven the day

You've obviously never studied the team of '83. Was it 5 Glenullin men, 4 Dungiven, a Faughanvale player, etc.
Not a fair comment.  The team has to built around boys who are playing well for their clubs.  The old days of club form dictating one's position on the team are over.  There are training sessions available.  My nephew is a cracking club player but didn't make the cut last year.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

mackers

Quote from: Throw ball on May 17, 2010, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: mackers on May 17, 2010, 09:45:05 AM
Presumably the Armagh Monaghan minor match will be in Crossmaglen as it's an Armagh home tie.

The programme yesterday had the match down for Newry on 29th May at 7pm. Bloody nuisance as I have other arrangements for then. :'(
That's a strange one, you'd think Crossmaglen would've been ideal for this match and basically guaranteed a bumper crowd with it being so close to the Monaghan border.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

lynchbhoy

great finish yesterday by Derry but Armagh deserved the win.
Derry young lads will hopefully learn that even though down by 5 or so points, you should still take your points in case you happen to get a goal (and then another) !!

Armagh missed loads towards the end that would have killed off the game if theyd taken their chances. Better , stronger and more mature side won. Best of luck to them.

Strange team selection for Derry though, looks like they had better men on the sideline and brought them in far too late !

The Doire Geal

exactly. derry had ptobly the two best midfeilders in derry on the bench, Brian og magilligan and Denver Johnston, when they came on the changed every thing. also great corner back young Marty Mc closkey,  i watched him in action for dungiven in last years championship. surly a manager who gets beat in county final by 11 points should not be in charge?

the big 4 teams, kilrea, ballienderry, Glen and magherfelt, too many selected from them, great players, cant play as team, will never win you a big match, proved this year and last

audreydee

Is there anyone from Monaghan going to the Down v Monaghan match on the 29th who might be able to give me a lift?

CountyGK

Ulster Minor Hurling Cship
Armagh v Tyrone
@ Crossmaglen, 2pm.

All support welcome!

drici

Ulster Minor Hurling Championship

Ard Macha 6-13 Tír Eoghain 0-08

Ard Macha v Doire next.
Sunday May 30th
Casement Park.

mhacadoir

CountyGK

ONeill

Bollix of a ref gave Armagh everything
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

bannside

Aye, had only one touch of the ball. It was a header and he missed it. Tripped over a bit of straw, and got a kick from a hen who had strayed on to the pitch. Heard hes ok though!

Beo

Tir  Eoghain

M Reynolds

S McGarrity
C Clarke
Hugh Pat McGeary

N Sludden
M Donaghy
E Deeney

Harry Og Conlon
P McNulty

D Donnelly