Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 11:03:24 PM
Yes, our arrogance is intact, and bejaysus without it we'd have won nothing-- suffice it to say that, thon arrogance notwithstanding, should we fail to beat the Rossies next day out, then we can kiss all 2018 aspirations goodbye.

No condescension, just hard, unforgiving reality.

I don't think arrogance is the right attitude for Tyrone at the moment. Last year it built up into a big fall.  Also in the league the mojo was absent until mid February.
I think this was on RTE  : "the ability to mix your game and ask a variety of questions of opponents is what sets the very best teams apart". That might justify arrogance. But Tyrone are not there yet. 

I agree about losing to the Rossies and the implications.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 11:14:07 PM
Yes, our arrogance is intact, and bejaysus without it we'd have won nothing-- suffice it to say that, thon arrogance notwithstanding, should we fail to beat the Rossies next day out, then we can kiss all 2018 aspirations goodbye.

I don't think arrogance is the right attitude for Tyrone at the moment. Last year it built up into a big fall.  Also in the league the mojo was absent until mid February.
I think this was on RTE  : "the ability to mix your game and ask a variety of questions of opponents is what sets the very best teams apart". That might justify arrogance. But Tyrone are not there yet. 

Tyrone arent All Ireland material. Might beat Roscommon and have  a chance against Donegal now that McBrearty is out but not within a country mile of Dublin or Kerry. Doubt if they would Galway either.   

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longballin on July 08, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

Tyrone arent All Ireland material. Might beat Roscommon and have  a chance against Donegal now that McBrearty is out but not within a country mile of Dublin or Kerry. Doubt if they would Galway either.

Take your relentless negativity and shove it up you know where! You know, this sort of shite polluted my mind long before you ever saw a ball, longballin.  >:(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longballin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 11:26:39 PM

Take your relentless negativity and shove it up you know where! You know, this sort of shite polluted my mind long before you ever saw a ball, longballin.  >:(

Tell you what we'll revisit this in three weeks and see. Last year was similar abuse when peeps said Dublin would beat Tyrone and we saw how that went.. but sure you're the expert. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longballin on July 08, 2018, 11:30:00 PM

Tell you what we'll revisit this in three weeks and see. Last year was similar abuse when peeps said Dublin would beat Tyrone and we saw how that went.. but sure you're the expert.

Aye, keep your wise counsel until then, and I'll raise a jar to you. One thing I won't be engaging in is this self-flagellating self-submissive crap -- spare me those details, please.

longballin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 11:34:49 PM

Aye, keep your wise counsel until then, and I'll raise a jar to you. One thing I won't be engaging in is this self-flagellating self-submissive crap -- spare me those details, please.

Can't speak until you say so... lol!!  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longballin on July 08, 2018, 11:36:14 PM

Can't speak until you say so... lol!!  :D

Only if you really insist, but sure why not -- go on, go on :D

longballin

BennyHarp

Exactly, Tyrone played the roll over and get your belly tickled role for most of my early time following them to Croke Park or to play any Southern team- now we go to play them with our chests puffed out expecting to turn them over and they don't like it. We heard all that negative stuff for far too long, God knows I was the most pessimistic Tyrone fan during the 1980s and 90s and was proved right nearly all the time. Its no skill to claim that your team is going to get beaten at some point ffs. Enjoy these days when we are competing there or there abouts and don't sniff at big victories over the likes of Cork, regardless of how bad they may be. In fact, look at them and think what you can easily become if you take your eye off the ball.
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 11:47:49 PM

Exactly, Tyrone played the roll over and get your belly tickled role for most of my early time following them to Croke Park or to play any Southern team- now we go to play them with our chests puffed out expecting to turn them over and they don't like it. We heard all that negative stuff for far too long, God knows I was the most pessimistic Tyrone fan during the 1980s and 90s and was proved right nearly all the time. Its no skill to claim that your team is going to get beaten at some point ffs. Enjoy these days when we are competing there or there abouts and don't sniff at big victories over the likes of Cork, regardless of how bad they may be. In fact, look at them and think what you can easily become if you take your eye off the ball.

Thats well put Benny. Food for thought. I hope Tyrone go and give it a lash and if they die at least die with their boots on. You know what I'm talking about. But yeah it's a different year so okay fair enough...

Syferus

I'm still laughing at that Fear lad thinking Tyrone were the team to beat Dublin last year..

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 12:32:02 AM
I'm still laughing at that Fear lad thinking Tyrone were the team to beat Dublin last year..

In fairness he was led on by the media who were anxiously looking for anyone they could find to create a myth around a new team beating Dublin to sell papers, ads and Game tickets!

Farrandeelin

Any chance of discussing match ups etc?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blewuporstuffed

Tyrone have been pretty settled of late and I dont imagine a huge amount of changes either personnel or positional from the last couple of game.

One of the MF slots possibly up for grabs, and thats about it. I would imagine Bradly and possibly Brennan will be kept to use from the bench along with RON
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Whishtup

If you were to look at this objectively, Tyrone are in the perfect place as far as building towards a grandstand finish to the championship goes.  Laboured early in the league and finished well when the pressure was on to survive.  Laboured early in the championship but seem to be physically in the and mentally in the right place to peak for July/August.

I would say the same of Monaghan and maybe Kildare.  The rest are unknowns.  Could we have Dublin/Kerry failing to qualify?