Limerick v Mayo, Gaelic Grounds. 9/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 06, 2018, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Border

Good man mayoforsam. 4 dubs in your team. How are things in the Reservoir?

Hound

What did Mannion and Andrews do wrong??

I presume O'Gara is impact sub

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Mayo Border on June 13, 2018, 03:47:05 PM

He asked for the best forwards in the country, Dublin have the best forwards- tends to happen if you've won three in a row
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 13, 2018, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 13, 2018, 01:01:31 PM
COC will continue to split opinion, for obvious reasons he's one of the least likeable players on the pitch. I've given him stick for his scores from play in AI semi's and finals but he had a better year last year scoring 0-7 from play in the 3 games against Kerry & Dublin.

It looks like his freetaking isn't as accurate as it was 3 years ago either and he's hardly the most dynamic forward but his record is very impressive.

If you were picking the best 5 or 6 forwards in the country would he be included?

That's what I was getting at, and no he wouldn't be for me.

Kilkenny O'Callaghan Connolly
Rock         Comer       Geaney

Those 6 for me. Special mention also McBrearty, McManus.

Kilkenny has never scored in an All Ireland final, despite playing in the same number as Cillian...

In all seriousness, I'd have Mannion in there somewhere.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 13, 2018, 07:29:35 PM
COC will continue to split opinion, for obvious reasons he's one of the least likeable players on the pitch. I've given him stick for his scores from play in AI semi's and finals but he had a better year last year scoring 0-7 from play in the 3 games against Kerry & Dublin.

It looks like his freetaking isn't as accurate as it was 3 years ago either and he's hardly the most dynamic forward but his record is very impressive.

If you were picking the best 5 or 6 forwards in the country would he be included?

Kilkenny has never scored in an All Ireland final, despite playing in the same number as Cillian...

That definitely true? He does play a different role to COC though and Dublin certainly aren't reliant on him for scores but its an oddity he's not scored in 5 finals including replays.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 14, 2018, 10:36:08 AM
Quote from: MayoBuck on June 13, 2018, 07:29:35 PM

That definitely true? He does play a different role to COC though and Dublin certainly aren't reliant on him for scores but its an oddity he's not scored in 5 finals including replays.

Keegan did have him in his pocket last year to be fair

rosnarun

the mind boggles at the tripe coming put of some of the mayo posters here.
we probably have the best  forward in the country or statistically ever and you not happy.
im not going to slag off any of ther other players mention to make my point but they all have some weakness or other mainly being human and blowing hot and cold where as Killian is always at the top of his game and that's why he stats are so good
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 13, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

He asked for the best forwards in the country, Dublin have the best forwards- tends to happen if you've won three in a row
Connolly no longer one of Dublins best forwards. Out of favour and he knows this and has decided to fly off to America instead of sitting on the bench.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 14, 2018, 12:53:55 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 13, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

Connolly no longer one of Dublins best forwards. Out of favour and he knows this and has decided to fly off to America instead of sitting on the bench.

There's a lot more to it than that and you know it, he'd walk into any team in the country. Arguably one of the most naturally gifted players to play the game.

mayoman dan

There's a lot more to it than that and you know it, he'd walk into any team in the country. Arguably one of the most naturally gifted players to play the game.
[/quote]

We all know it but no one can bloody say it ;D ;D ;D

Tubberman

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 14, 2018, 09:44:20 PM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/alan-brogan-dublin-and-mayo-built-around-two-men-with-striking-similarities-37011796.html

Alan Brogan knows a quality forward when he sees one.

Yeah but as Mayo4Sam so rightly said, if we had another player who could do with Cillian does, then we wouldn't need Cillian, therefore he's not that good.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

JoG2

C O'C is a huge player for Mayo, the man is vital for them. Put it this way, IF Mayo reached the AI semi or final and faced Dublin, with O'connor they'd have a great chance (1 point victories in the last 2 finals was it?), but without him they'd have zero chance imo. Is there a more important player for any other county in the country? McManus maybe, Murphy? E Donnelly? Can't think of too many others. A fantastic footballer, and to think what he's scored and him still mid twenties, If he keeps on trucking til he's 30+, his final tally will take some beating. Wish we'd a player like him