Michael D seeks second term

Started by Rossfan, July 10, 2018, 11:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Quote from: armaghniac on July 10, 2018, 02:41:18 PM
QEII does her job rightly, and she is well over 84.

I might be wrong because I'm not an avid Royal follower but wouldn't Micky D be at a lot more events that the Queen?

Personally I would like to see an election and I hope that he wins it again. I also hope it's not the same shambles as the last one we had for President. Sf possibly putting forward Francis Black was one I read. That nutjob Fergal Sharkey also wants a run on a right wing anti immigration agenda.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jayop on July 10, 2018, 03:15:32 PM

I might be wrong because I'm not an avid Royal follower but wouldn't Micky D be at a lot more events that the Queen?

Personally I would like to see an election and I hope that he wins it again. I also hope it's not the same shambles as the last one we had for President. Sf possibly putting forward Francis Black was one I read. That nutjob Fergal Sharkey also wants a run on a right wing anti immigration agenda.

She's never been at an All Ireland Final anyway..

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 10, 2018, 03:19:15 PM

She's never been at an All Ireland Final anyway..
In fairness to her it's been a long time since her own county (Queens County) made it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteThat nutjob Fergal Sharkey also wants a run on a right wing anti immigration agenda.

Surely Kevin Sharkey - the so-called Donegal 'artist'............not Fergal from The Undertones  :-\

TheClubman

She categorically ruled herself out in the last few days.

dec

There has only ever been one election involving a sitting president, 1966. In all other cases where a sitting president ran again they were unopposed.

AZOffaly

Quote from: dec on July 10, 2018, 03:49:32 PM
There has only ever been one election involving a sitting president, 1966. In all other cases where a sitting president ran again they were unopposed.

Jesus!!! You know what else happened then?????????

ziggysego

Quote from: Hardy on July 10, 2018, 03:10:06 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2018, 02:03:55 PM
Michael D is 77 (Sabina is 74). He will be 84 when he comes to the end of his second term. Not being disrespectful but there is a high chance of him dying in his second term.

Hard to know what his energy levels would be to do some of his duties as he goes into old old age over the next 7 years.

I hope someone else throws their hat in the ring. Somebody who is no an ex-taoiseach!

You have to be 35 to run for or become President. If there is a Age limit at one end. Why not at the other?

Imagine what would (rightly) happen if you suggested someone was an unsuitable candidate because of their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or handicap. Ageism - the invisible frontier for liberal democracy.

Disability.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Quote from: ziggysego on July 10, 2018, 04:10:49 PM
Michael D is 77 (Sabina is 74). He will be 84 when he comes to the end of his second term. Not being disrespectful but there is a high chance of him dying in his second term.

Hard to know what his energy levels would be to do some of his duties as he goes into old old age over the next 7 years.

I hope someone else throws their hat in the ring. Somebody who is no an ex-taoiseach!

You have to be 35 to run for or become President. If there is a Age limit at one end. Why not at the other?

Imagine what would (rightly) happen if you suggested someone was an unsuitable candidate because of their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or handicap. Ageism - the invisible frontier for liberal democracy.

Disability.

Apologies.

ziggysego

Quote from: Hardy on July 10, 2018, 04:52:56 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 10, 2018, 04:10:49 PM

Disability.

Apologies.

No worries  :)
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

I see the Gallagher chap who stood in 2011 wants to go again.
Shinners to consider putting up a candidate.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: StephenC on July 10, 2018, 01:05:44 PM
A useless, pointless position which costs the taxpayer money every year. We sh1t the bed when we had the change to eliminate it. Shame on us.

That was the seanad but sure close enough :D

imtommygunn

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 10, 2018, 03:50:57 PM
Quote from: dec on July 10, 2018, 03:49:32 PM

Jesus!!! You know what else happened then?????????

Don't tell anyone at the bbcor itv. #itbetternotcomehome

macdanger2

Sssshhh old man, we're trying to talk here

Eamonnca1

Damned if I know what people have against him. He's good at it and he's an honourable man.

The people saying there's "no need for a head of state" should go back to civics class, assuming they ever took one.