Laois Senior Football Team 2019

Started by Don Draper, August 10, 2018, 09:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Sugrue ratified for another year. Fabulous news.

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

GAA-SMART

Were Minor and U20 managers ratified also ?

Butch Cassidy

Anyone putting their hand up from the club championship to be included next year?

SCFC

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on August 13, 2018, 10:52:42 AM
Anyone putting their hand up from the club championship to be included next year?
Matty Campion for me. I know he's been there before but worth a go under Sugrue.
Also, Nigel Murphy, Adam Ryan (in spurts), Conor Meredith (again flashes of excellence) and maybe young Forbes of Graiguecullen.

Laoiseabu

Forbes was very ineffective against Portlaoise . The lads I was most impressed with over the weekend were Bruno McCormack and Tom Kelly believe it or not .still going strong  the two of them .

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 13, 2018, 11:12:42 AM
Forbes was very ineffective against Portlaoise .
He was indeed. But I liked the look of him against O'D's. He has size and ability and could work well with better players around him.

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 13, 2018, 11:12:42 AM
Forbes was very ineffective against Portlaoise . The lads I was most impressed with over the weekend were Bruno McCormack and Tom Kelly believe it or not .still going strong  the two of them .
You've a heck of an eye for talent.

Jd

Coss from mm looks a super footballer. He's big and very mobile from what I see. John Scully of Annanough is probably the best defender operating outside senior football
O Flynn in Courtwood is very young and probably will be in at some point but maybe not this year. Slevin in port and the young forward in o Dempseys the same

Laoiseabu

You've a heck of a tongue for sarcasm Don. I made my point and there's no need for you to jump In with a pointless comment like always . I guarantee you I've a better eye than u ,hiding behind your fictional movie character.

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 13, 2018, 12:01:46 PM
You've a heck of a tongue for sarcasm Don. I made my point and there's no need for you to jump In with a pointless comment like always . I guarantee you I've a better eye than u ,hiding behind your fictional movie character.
Its just that I dont see Tom or Bruno making much of an impact next year on the intercounty scene. But feel free to have a cut off a chap like Aaron Forbes, Laoiseabu, if that IS your real name.

Aaron on the other hand, has raw potential, give him a chance.

Laoisguy

Forbes did get a major chance during the trials for Laois trials and was deemed surplus to requirements

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoisguy on August 13, 2018, 02:20:43 PM
Forbes did get a major chance during the trials for Laois trials and was deemed surplus to requirements
He did. And maybe he'll have a learned a bit and might come back a bit better for it. Sean Moore was too, are we writing him off also?

Laoisguy

I'm not.... but some people are actually

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoisguy on August 13, 2018, 02:29:01 PM
I'm not.... but some people are actually
God help us, we must have some pool of talent somewhere that I don't know about. Or maybe Beano and the boys can make a comeback after all.