Terrible Irish Accents in the Movies

Started by Orior, January 04, 2017, 09:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: leenie on January 05, 2017, 02:22:41 PM
Kevin spacey .. ordinary decent criminal
Michael j fox .. back to the future 3
Matthew Goode ... leap year ( one of the worst films I've ever encountered )

Thats because you're a man.

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on January 05, 2017, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: leenie on January 05, 2017, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 05, 2017, 08:01:50 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 05, 2017, 06:23:43 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 05, 2017, 05:18:13 PM

I quite enjoyed that film and watched it twice. Leenie, would you have fallen for the "heads I win tails you loose line?
What's a loose line.?

Being FEMALE ... I wouldn't fall for heads I win , tails you lose ...

Oops!

I thought women would lap that sort of film up.

Well, and some macho, knuckle dragging, low-brow, street fighters like myself.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

R2D2 was apparently from Swatragh. Nailed it I thought.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

HiMucker

Quote from: theticklemister on January 05, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
Yip Tommy Lee Jones in Blown Away.

Think at wan stage he blows up a wall in his prison cell and then just walks out free. Some boy, must have been all the knowledge he had in the FBI with the Fugitive.

What about Sean Bean in that film Ronin. Love him but a shit accent.
He played a brit and used his own accent in Ronin.

AhNowRef

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on January 05, 2017, 12:49:40 PM
The whole cast of Alexander!
Ha, including Colin Farrell ..

Still cant understand why the feck everyone had an Irish accent in Ancient Greece  :o 

leenie

Quote from: BennyCake on January 05, 2017, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: leenie on January 05, 2017, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 05, 2017, 08:01:50 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 05, 2017, 06:23:43 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 05, 2017, 05:18:13 PM

I quite enjoyed that film and watched it twice. Leenie, would you have fallen for the "heads I win tails you loose line?
What's a loose line.?

Being FEMALE ... I wouldn't fall for heads I win , tails you lose ...

Oops!

I thought women would lap that sort of film up.

Not at all stereotyping ...

Are you joking orior ?
If anyone hasn't seen this film .. here's the premise.. American doll decides to come to Ireland to propose to Boyfriend on the 29th feb hence leap year  but plane is diverted to wales cause there's a wile storm and obviously there no flights at all to Ireland so the American hires a boat ( which can withhold the storm) anyway thon Doll was looking to get to Dublin but sure didn't she land in dingle. At this point I ask you to bear in mind wales and dingle and how far apart they are.. so this Doll is in dingle which happens to also have the cliffs of mohair has a back drop.. she goes to the local and there's 5 drunk men in it . She's looking a bus to Dublin but the last bus from dingle to Dublin was 1987 anyway the barman ( Matthew Goode) is all hostile and stuff , gives her a room for the night but being Ireland the electrics are from the 1940's , she goes to charge her blackberry and the whole town goes dark .. anyway the next day the barman in his banger car starts to take her to Dublin .. they come across cows blocking the road .. she has to chase them , car ends up in river .. now are you still with me , she tries to hitch a lift and the dudes steal her cases which are Luis vouton , ( this is recurring joke throughout that she has named her suitcase) anyway the get to bus station and miss the only bus that goes .. and have to stay in a b&b but have to pretend to b married ... cause u know the whole living in sin .. anyway the next day they go to get a bus , but being a Sunday there's no buses .. they head off walking and it's hail stoning so they run into church and there's a wedding which they get invited to and the reception is in a marquee up a mountain in Wicklow on the 28thfeb ( bearing in mind it's winter ) Anyway she gets to Dublin but the twist is he proposes , she says yes , goes home but realises she doesn't love him but the Irish barman (played by an Englishman )
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Hardy

I have to see this film after reading this review. The cliffs of mohair alone....

Far East

TL Jones in Blown Away and Tom Cruise in Far and Away.  Woeful acting and both terrible films.  Blown Away was the first movie, I saw in a cinema, that I left in the middle of.  Leap year is also atrocious

DrinkingHarp

Colin Farrell - The Recruit

Brendan Gleeson - Green Zone

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014