Tallaght 2
Beaumont 1
Mater 1
Drogheda 1
Cavan 1
UH Limerick 1
Kilkenny 1
Galway 1
There was an odd stat on the RTÉ news last night saying 15 hospitalised confirmed cases of Covid (in line with your post). But then there was another bigger number (can’t remember exactly, think it was high 20s) of suspected cases of Covid in hospital.

Surely they could find out pretty quickly if someone has to be hospitalized with suspected Covid whether he/she actually has it or not!

I think it is people who have been admitted for something non covid related who have been tested and are in the process of getting results back.  Its not something the public need to know and it seems to be a way of putting more fear into people. The same as the minister for health rambling on about community transmission while it is clear that the majority of current cases are related to  direct provision centres, Meat plants etc.

Yes correct on both counts. Pretty much every patient in hospital are classed as suspected that's been the case since February, yet only recently journalists are adding in those numbers to make things look more dramatic.  The number to focus on is confirmed cases in hospital and ICU.

Stephen Donnelly is doing some rambling alright, has appeared on TV, radio a number of times in the last few days telling those watching or listening that community transmissions are increasing even though they have decreased and are in single figures the last 4 days.

Last nine days Kildare 122, Laois 37, Clare 27, Limerick 19, Wexford 11,Offaly 10 the majority of cases from those counties are associated with cluster outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case from clusters. The rest of the counties haven't got double figures in the last 9 days and many with 1 or zero cases.

Rossfan

Donnelly was an expert on everything as he hopped around from Party to Party but is being found out now like most loudmouths do eventually.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

43 cases in the North - assume most of them around Newcastle/Castlewellan?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Taylor on August 06, 2020, 03:54:41 PM
43 cases in the North - assume most of them around Newcastle/Castlewellan?

Crumlin.
i usse an speelchekor

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2020, 03:29:55 PM
Donnelly was an expert on everything as he hopped around from Party to Party but is being found out now like most loudmouths do eventually.

He is and I'm not one bit sorry for him.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

69 cases today in the 26, that is 10 times the average at the lowest point.
20% of these are community cases, which would be 14 or so, therefore community cases are increasing also, despite comments above about a decrease.

Not a good picture across the island, people need to tighten up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on August 06, 2020, 07:01:02 PM
69 cases today in the 26, that is 10 times the average at the lowest point.
20% of these are community cases, which would be 14 or so, therefore community cases are increasing also, despite comments above about a decrease.

Not a good picture across the island, people need to tighten up.

Of today's 69 reported cases 2 has been identified as community transmission. The last 4 days its been 5 or under a day.

5 deaths reported but 4 of them are from April to June.

Dr Glynn saying a similar number of cases are expected again tomorrow due to more cluster outbreaks in Offaly, Laois and Offaly. Until these cluster are got under control we will see similar daily numbers for the next few weeks.

RadioGAAGAA

So the education minister's approach to COVID is that of an ostrich.

Stick yer head in the sand and hope it all goes away.

An utter embarrassment to humanity.
i usse an speelchekor

Blowitupref

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 06, 2020, 07:32:38 PM

Any of these government officials going to put any plans in place that these clusters outbreaks become much less in the weeks ahead?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 06, 2020, 07:32:38 PM

Herd immunity seems ago go...

Blowitupref

Shane Beatty of newstalk said 80 Covid-19 cases confirmed in Timahoe, Co. Kildare this evening from 243 tests carried out on workers at O'Brien Foods.

We are probably looking at over 100 cases tomorrow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Are they wearing face shields in these factories ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

highorlow

QuoteShane Beatty of newstalk said 80 Covid-19 cases confirmed in Timahoe, Co. Kildare this evening from 243 tests carried out on workers at O'Brien Foods.

First case in the same place was on 12th May. Most cases are asymptomatic, I wonder was there bits of covid floating around in these workers since May?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on August 06, 2020, 11:13:04 PM
QuoteShane Beatty of newstalk said 80 Covid-19 cases confirmed in Timahoe, Co. Kildare this evening from 243 tests carried out on workers at O'Brien Foods.

First case in the same place was on 12th May. Most cases are asymptomatic, I wonder was there bits of covid floating around in these workers since May?

Floating around since May? So you get it, don't have symptom, I get that. But it stays with you for months? Plus you continually pass it on. I thought after 2 weeks it's meant to have cleared your system?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

highorlow

Ah it's just something I was reading about.

I was expecting the site case a few weeks ago to cause a spike, i.e 20 site workers x 5 contacts should have given us 100 cases a few days later, that didn't happen. By the same measure the timahoe cluster should give us 5 x 140 in a few days. It probably won't though as the construction site cases didn't follow through. I'm sure the lads in Maynooth will have their computers doing the calculations.

"Usually, when people recover from acute viral infections, their immune response kills the cells affected to eliminate the virus," says Diane Griffin, a virologist at the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. But when viruses infect long-lived cells, such as neurons, the immune system can't afford to destroy them. That means "you don't actually get rid of all the virus genome," she says; instead, the virus might hide in parts of the body for long periods.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/2020/06/how-long-does-coronavirus-last-inside-the-body-cvd
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go