Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

QuoteOk point taken.
Agree with Giovanni I enjoy both of ye most of the time.

Me too, funny thing is you are both usually very good and well informed posters, people who make this forum interesting so this silly stuff is doing neither ye or the rest of us any favours.
In fairness to the rest of the posters here and for the continued success of this forum could you please continue this kind of stuff on the private message system that's available here as Tony suggested.

It's the constant lack of respect for other peoples opinions that drives lads away from forums like this and I certainly don't want that to happen here as its the only way supporters can get together and express opinions on the games in our county that we all love. There are no moderators here so we depend on the common sense and respect of everyone here to keep this place in order.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

town1980

Agree but a lot of lads make no sense her :)

Don Draper

BallyroanAbu

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on August 07, 2017, 05:21:16 AM
Quote from: town1980 on August 07, 2017, 03:09:31 AM
You're some mule
The offspring of a donkey and a horse (strictly, a male donkey/jackass and a female horse/mare), typically sterile and used as a beast of burden.

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 07, 2017, 10:07:29 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on August 07, 2017, 05:21:16 AM
Quote from: town1980 on August 07, 2017, 03:09:31 AM
You're some mule
The offspring of a donkey and a horse (strictly, a male donkey/jackass and a female horse/mare), typically sterile and used as a beast of burden.
With a bit of luck this particular mule is also sterile.

Keyser Söze

I might be missing the point, but if every difference of opinion is settled via PM then I don't think there will be much posted. It's dead enough as it is, particularly from a hurling POV.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

Nobody minds an exchange of views but calling people's posts, and by extension them, idiotic, stupid and mental, is too much. I've been guilty of it myself under provocation but not straight off the bat. I don't intend on letting it happen again as its bullying at its most base level. These things would never be done to your face.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on August 07, 2017, 01:01:27 PM
Nobody minds an exchange of views but calling people's posts, and by extension them, idiotic, stupid and mental, is too much. I've been guilty of it myself under provocation but not straight off the bat. I don't intend on letting it happen again as its bullying at its most base level. These things would never be done to your face.

Make whatever extensions you want!  Out of curiousity- how are you going to stop it?!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 07, 2017, 12:22:38 PM
I might be missing the point, but if every difference of opinion is settled via PM then I don't think there will be much posted. It's dead enough as it is, particularly from a hurling POV.

The football forums have become infantile slagging forums and lads with agendas having a go at each other. Particularly since one or two, everyone will know who I mean, have become frequent posters. There is no useful information coming through. I would rather have a civilized, quiet hurling forum than read the drivel that is posted on the football equivalent.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

To be fair, blueandwhite1, most posters here are very well informed and post stuff that is very interesting to read. Lets not cause a divide between the hurling and football forums as we all want the same thing and that is success. I do take your point though, there has been a bit of silliness here lately and I'm sure readers from other counties who visit here must be having a great laugh at our expense.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

Can see them rushing on here alright  :-\

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 07, 2017, 07:54:43 PM
I'm sure readers from other counties who visit here must be having a great laugh at our expense.
Ah lads.

clonadmad

Infantile carry on,these past few pages from some I expected more from and some I didn't.

The reality is that noone from outside the county bar a low ranking expense hound will touch this county with a shitty stick,we are a div 4 county with the attendant structural failings.