Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

B, D & F look tight on paper ()...

bennydorano

Quote from: hardstation on January 20, 2008, 03:40:36 PM
Hurling championship between Armoy and Warwickshire was supposed to be today at Casement. Called off due to the pitch being unplayable.

Was that a different Armoy & Warwickshire they were reporting on in the Irish news today :o

Hank Everlast

I read somewhere that the meeting for the draws has been ut back from tonight to thursday the 24th.

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 21, 2008, 12:25:21 PM
I read somewhere that the meeting for the draws has been ut back from tonight to thursday the 24th.

As i said on Friday all of the 40 clubs have not put their application forward to participate in this years championships and that is the reason for the delay of the draw. On thurs night there were only 22 applications in with 18 still to apply ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

QuoteAs i said on Friday all of the 40 clubs have not put their application forward to participate in this years championships and that is the reason for the delay of the draw. On thurs night there were only 22 applications in with 18 still to apply

Are the senior teams conceding already :P

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 21, 2008, 01:56:27 PM
QuoteAs i said on Friday all of the 40 clubs have not put their application forward to participate in this years championships and that is the reason for the delay of the draw. On thurs night there were only 22 applications in with 18 still to apply

Are the senior teams conceding already :P

They conceded 13 years ago :P

brokencrossbar1

gander

If they miss the closing date thats their problem! :D :D

bennydorano

There's meant to be more than half a dozen clubs looking regraded from the senior championship!!!

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2008, 04:15:59 PM
There's meant to be more than half a dozen clubs looking regraded from the senior championship!!!

I know i was having a bit of banter earlier but why wouldn't a team want to play against Cross, Clans, Harps, Ogs etc etc in the senior championship. There's no point running about telling everyone how good you are if you won't compete againt the best. (and i wasn't refeering to any one team in particular)

pintsofguinness

there's no point in being in a championship you're not fit for either illdecide.

I spoke about this before the whole system needs changed before it's a complete mess - what teams are looking out of the senior championship?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Candyman

Dromintee???  :D
(and im obviously only joking before anyone has a go... )

TacadoirArdMhacha

Pity to hear so many looking to avoid the challenge of senior football. Not only is it bad for senior football but it tends to ruin the intermediate championship as well. A genuine intermediate championship wouldn't have 2 division 1 teams in the final like we had this year. (And before anyone jumps on me, I thought my own club regraded far too quickly).

I think we should move to a system like Down's where championship is based on league places. Top 16 (or 15 plus intermediate champions) in the SFC with the next 12 in the IFC and the rest in the JFC. Would be a lot fairer I think.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

I think we should move to a system like Down's where championship is based on league places. Top 16 (or 15 plus intermediate champions) in the SFC with the next 12 in the IFC and the rest in the JFC. Would be a lot fairer I think.
Agree, I was saying that months ago. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

qub la la la

how does a club enter the ulster league? i thought i was only for division one clubs...