Ulster JFC/IFC 2022

Started by DownFanatic, October 03, 2022, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Honda300 on December 06, 2022, 08:35:34 PM
Is banty still in the stands for the final at the weekend or is the ban up?

In the dressing room with team at half time last game.

Armagh18

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 10, 2022, 01:19:13 PM
Quote from: Honda300 on December 06, 2022, 08:35:34 PM
Is banty still in the stands for the final at the weekend or is the ban up?

In the dressing room with team at half time last game.
I'm sure he'd not be worried about a fine tbh

clarshack

Is there an intermediate version of the Junior twinning final we played in at the weekend?

square_ball

Not from what I can see anyway at either intermediate or senior level. Always thought there was a senior one as Crossmaglen have definitely been over to England when they have won Ulster Clubs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on December 13, 2022, 05:22:52 AM
Is there an intermediate version of the Junior twinning final we played in at the weekend?

Junior and intermediate at hurling for sure, would have assumed the level of club football in London and beyond would be Junior only level?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

London Senior Football Champions go straight into Connacht for the last few years, Leitrim champions beat them this year. Think the London team Kiernans were ahead going into injury time.

London Junior & Intermediate Football Champions have a play off to see who represents London in the All Britain series, the Junior champions have won that game the last few years. Outside of the top 3 or 4 Senior club in London there's not a great deal between the rest of them.

@clarshack what did you think of the 4g pitch, would it have been a more difficult game on a bad pitch?

clarshack

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 13, 2022, 09:46:43 AM
London Senior Football Champions go straight into Connacht for the last few years, Leitrim champions beat them this year. Think the London team Kiernans were ahead going into injury time.

London Junior & Intermediate Football Champions have a play off to see who represents London in the All Britain series, the Junior champions have won that game the last few years. Outside of the top 3 or 4 Senior club in London there's not a great deal between the rest of them.

@clarshack what did you think of the 4g pitch, would it have been a more difficult game on a bad pitch?

Thank god for the 4G pitch as the game would not have been played otherwise and supporters would have been out a lot of money, but yes I think it would have been a more difficult game on a bad pitch. We were able to get a few training sessions at the Mid Ulster Sports Arena to help us prepare for it and I think it actually suited some of our players more.

Thought Glasgow Gaels best player was Liam Ryan who has previously played for Leitrim. Big Tomas Clarke is superb in the air and has a great engine for someone that size but his finishing is probably his weakness.

clarshack

Thoughts on us against Clifden in the All-Ireland Semi-Final? watched the Connacht Final and they look very strong down the middle but not sure how good St.Ronan's were tbh.

I see they played in Division 3B in Galway this year, the same Division as Dunmore. They only played 7 games in that so is there another league or championship that they play in like a Divisional competition that you would get in Kerry?

Maroon Manc

I watched the Mayo final as know a lad from over here who was playing, Islandeady impressed me so was surprised to see them beaten by Clifden; Imagine its going to be close.

The gap Glasgow have had since beating us in early November to last Sunday is too much especially considering you's have a good few games in that period. We went 9 weeks between All Britain Final last year and the games against the Ulster Champions.

clarshack

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 14, 2022, 09:42:36 AM
I watched the Mayo final as know a lad from over here who was playing, Islandeady impressed me so was surprised to see them beaten by Clifden; Imagine its going to be close.

The gap Glasgow have had since beating us in early November to last Sunday is too much especially considering you's have a good few games in that period. We went 9 weeks between All Britain Final last year and the games against the Ulster Champions.

would they not be better doing what they do in Connacht now with the British Senior Champions and have the Junior Champions play in the first round of one of the provinces?
also if played in early November there's less chance of the travel disruption that was experienced at the weekend.

The Trap

Sure nobody would have any plans or anything 🙄

Armagh18

Quote from: The Trap on December 16, 2022, 04:44:08 PM
Why what do you suggest?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 16, 2022, 04:51:01 PM
Quote from: The Trap on December 16, 2022, 04:44:08 PM
Why what do you suggest?

Sure nothing on the following weekend either ::)

If your club is playing an Ulster final you'll not have plans!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Trap

It was cancelled last Saturday, cancelled this Saturday, maybe cancelled on Sunday......we know the weather is to improve so just put it next Wednesday when it will definitely be playable.......no?