Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

From saying that they'll make up ground on top 4 rivals this month to now saying top 4 would be a miracle in space of about 10 days.

I genuinely don't know what Mourinho is at now, there was always a clear methodology to his public words but over the past few years it's more and more like he's a man fed up with the game.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 04, 2018, 09:54:13 AM
From saying that they'll make up ground on top 4 rivals this month to now saying top 4 would be a miracle in space of about 10 days.

I genuinely don't know what Mourinho is at now, there was always a clear methodology to his public words but over the past few years it's more and more like he's a man fed up with the game.

He wants out, prior to the City game I had hoped he could turn it around and there were signs of it but coming back from the international break its clear he wants out. The team he's picked to start in the last 3 games and the subs he's made haven't made a great deal of sense then then the outburst at Pogba then this. He seems determined not to hang around until the end of the season.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 04, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

He wants out, prior to the City game I had hoped he could turn it around and there were signs of it but coming back from the international break its clear he wants out. The team he's picked to start in the last 3 games and the subs he's made haven't made a great deal of sense then then the outburst at Pogba then this. He seems determined not to hang around until the end of the season.

It is pretty much the same as the 2nd stint at Chelsea at this stage. Picking teams that fans are genuinely wondering if he wants sacked - saying the players don't care and accusing them of not fighting for the badge.

There is still a place in football for Jose Mourinho but at this stage it seems to me very clear and obvious that he needs a good 12-18 months break.

He also still lives in a hotel after all this time, it's completely baffling. United went for the quick fix....in any other year it probably would have worked but it's now time for the club to look elsewhere, accept that they must embrace a true project.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 04, 2018, 10:28:16 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 04, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

It is pretty much the same as the 2nd stint at Chelsea at this stage. Picking teams that fans are genuinely wondering if he wants sacked - saying the players don't care and accusing them of not fighting for the badge.

There is still a place in football for Jose Mourinho but at this stage it seems to me very clear and obvious that he needs a good 12-18 months break.

He also still lives in a hotel after all this time, it's completely baffling. United went for the quick fix....in any other year it probably would have worked but it's now time for the club to look elsewhere, accept that they must embrace a true project.

I still maintain he should have got the job straight after Fergie, if he'd not got the job after LVG we'd have looked back and wonder what if so he had to get the job then. If I thought his heart was in and he was planning on sticking around for a good few years then I've no issue with him staying but it just doesn't seem like this is the case.

He's got more than a point on Pogba, he's a very immature player on the pitch. He might have a point on United's attacking play but that no excuse for how casual he is in possession and how poor he is defensively. Countless times players run off the back of him, he'll give the ball away in his own half or he losing his man at a set piece.

I still think that squad has a lot more quality then it did when he took it over and also gives the next man a lot of room for manoeuvre in terms of selling players and raising funds. Attacking wise there's a lot of quality although its still very unbalanced.

magpie seanie

Pogba has been excellent for Juventus and more recently, for France in the World Cup. I wouldn't write him off yet but it has been clear for some time, since Mourinho turned on him, that things will not improve with him under the current regime.

Not much to add. Circling the plughole. Well past time for those dickheads in the boardroom to sort things out.

nrico2006

Pogba wasn't excellent at the world cup.  He played well but his performance levels seem to have been exaggerated since France won.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

Mourinho: "All the teams they got better, Spurs was the team that did not make a direct investment, but the best investment is to keep the top players that you have. So every team got better and we didn't."

Wtf!!??

yellowcard

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 05, 2018, 08:44:28 AM
Mourinho: "All the teams they got better, Spurs was the team that did not make a direct investment, but the best investment is to keep the top players that you have. So every team got better and we didn't."

Wtf!!??

He is getting increasingly erratic and I think the situation has the potential to get a lot worse before it gets better. He is at war with his own players.

I think that only the CL last 16 qualification will keep him in a job this season, other than that he would be on the verge of the sack.

imtommygunn

The best thing to do would be to get rid now. I am not sure how he can turn it round displaying this attitude.

Pogba was excellent at the world cup. I am not fully convinced it is Mourinho at fault here mind. He has always struck me as lazy and arrogant and will just turn it on when he feels like it.

Taylor

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 05, 2018, 08:57:42 AM
The best thing to do would be to get rid now. I am not sure how he can turn it round displaying this attitude.

Pogba was excellent at the world cup. I am not fully convinced it is Mourinho at fault here mind. He has always struck me as lazy and arrogant and will just turn it on when he feels like it.

I would contend he was far from excellent at the WC.
Was decent dont get me wrong but hard to see what games he was excellent in. Wasnt in the top 5 players in the French team.

Took plenty of the adulation after games mind you which he always seems to do

GJL

I remember a website being mentioned on here a while ago to get kiddies football jerseys on. Can somebody please remind me of the website name. Thanks.  :)

Franko

Quote from: GJL on December 05, 2018, 09:48:00 AM
I remember a website being mentioned on here a while ago to get kiddies football jerseys on. Can somebody please remind me of the website name. Thanks.  :)

This is the one

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27450.45

Megaman

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=d84cbbaf40b0a44d4efc15f4eb2a8be6&topic=27450.45

http://shootjerseys.me/

I ordered some jerseys couple of weeks ago (not arrived yet), site wouldn't take my card details so contacted them through whatsapp and paid via paypal

snoopdog

Quote from: Megaman on December 05, 2018, 09:58:23 AM
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=d84cbbaf40b0a44d4efc15f4eb2a8be6&topic=27450.45

http://shootjerseys.me/

I ordered some jerseys couple of weeks ago (not arrived yet), site wouldn't take my card details so contacted them through whatsapp and paid via paypal

Can also get them on DHgate or aliexpress. But unlikely to get from them in time for xmas. They are good quality though for a full kit under 20 euro.

Boycey

Pogbas attitude is a disgrace regardless of whatever the ins and outs of his relationship with Mourinho, last Saturday the amount of times he gave the ball away was scandalous. Here's a novel idea, the managers a **** to me, I'll go out and play for myself, the fans, the million quid a month I'm getting that'll show him.

Our club is that disfunctional it won't sack a man that wants to be sacked :)