The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Big win for Camross tonight in Div 1 final much better work rate than Cbolla.

clonadmad

Has the new hurling GDA who was appointed back in March already left his position?

That's hardly the case is it ?

Hurling123

Great win for the u15 hurling team in the arawbawn today in Galway v Galway first team.
It about time we stopped bitching about this management and team and row in to help

Laois man

Any indeed who management are or the make up of the team? Well done to all.

Zooming around

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 23, 2023, 07:55:52 AM
Great win for the u15 hurling team in the arawbawn today in Galway v Galway first team.
It about time we stopped bitching about this management and team and row in to help

Not trying to be negative here but are you sure that was the Laois A team against the Galway A team. From what I saw of both squads last year, we wouldn't keep it pucked out to the Galway A team. I hope it's true though.

mcwregor

Also not trying to take away from a good win but im fairly sure laois are operating in the b competition. Id imagine that's galways 2nd/3rd string?

ottoman

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 23, 2023, 07:55:52 AM

I don't think that was Galway's first team. I think we were in the B division of the tournament this year.

Hurling123

Lads it a dreadful when so called Laois Gaels come on here to run down there own

Tells alot about the issue in the county.
Get off the keyboards and into coaching In the fields

Just got the fixtures for the arawbawn attaching them later for the craic.

As you can clearly see it's Galway 1 against laois

clonadmad

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 24, 2023, 05:07:33 PM
Lads it a dreadful when so called Laois Gaels come on here to run down there own

Tells alot about the issue in the county.
Get off the keyboards and into coaching In the fields

Just got the fixtures for the arawbawn attaching them later for the craic.

As you can clearly see it's Galway 1 against laois

2 posts in and you slating lads that have and are involved with their clubs and have made valuable contributions here online to try and address issues

If you are such a man in the know

Maybe you can tell us why the best hurler in the county at his age grade from Castletown has walked from this set up ?

Answer that and I'll have a few more questions for you

Hurling123

Arrabawn B QF   

Galway 1 v Laois   
   Galway 2 v Dublin 2   
   Dublin 1 v Tipperary 2   O'Toole Park Crumlin
   Kilkenny 2 v Offaly 1   

i dont think you understand what is need in Laois Hurling . keyboard warriors are not the answer . putting half truths out to there thinking this is a answer is dreaming .sorry in my late reply i am just back from coaching two hurling sessions to juveniles. i was involved with this current team but had to leave due to time commitments . the player you speak of was never even in the top 5 while i was there just like other members of his family he decided Laois was not what he wanted . he wasn't begged back as why should he be ?? the management moved on and built a stronger team . he certainty wasn't a team player .

my interest in the future of Laois Hurling. just seen this some time ago and it drives me mad when people put half untruths up to suit there agenda ??  this team(the first team) yes have lost to limerick and dublin in challenge game but gone on to beat limerick in limerick and galway in galway,destory antrim in antrim although i am not involved i still keep a keen eye on this squad . there second team are not bad hurlers but find it hard to string win together , you should really contact Shane keegan because i know this management panel are always looking for help to drive thing on

Giovanni

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 24, 2023, 09:03:15 PM
   Arrabawn B QF   

Galway 1 v Laois   
   Galway 2 v Dublin 2   
   Kilkenny 2 v Offaly 1   

i dont think you understand what is need in Laois Hurling . keyboard warriors are not the answer . putting half truths out to there thinking this is a answer is dreaming .sorry in my late reply i am just back from coaching two hurling sessions to juveniles. i was involved with this current team but had to leave due to time commitments . the player you speak of was never even in the top 5 while i was there just like other members of his family he decided Laois was not what he wanted . he wasn't begged back as why should he be ?? the management moved on and built a stronger team . he certainty wasn't a team player .

my interest in the future of Laois Hurling. just seen this some time ago and it drives me mad when people put half untruths up to suit there agenda ??  this team(the first team) yes have lost to limerick and dublin in challenge game but gone on to beat limerick in limerick and galway in galway,destory antrim in antrim although i am not involved i still keep a keen eye on this squad . there second team are not bad hurlers but find it hard to string win together , you should really contact Shane keegan because i know this management panel are always looking for help to drive thing on

Was listening to Eamonn O Shea the other night about trying to create the idea that the county team should be elite at all levels and the players should feel it. While I applaud people like yourself for the time you are putting in, the post above doesn't seem like an elite way of managing young players (and I'm saying this without knowing any of the details or the people involved).

Zooming around

Arrabawn B QF   

Galway 1 v Laois   
   Galway 2 v Dublin 2   
   Kilkenny 2 v Offaly 1   

Expressing doubt over the reality of a result is not being negative. I am not a keyboard warrior and I seldom have a personal go at anyone on here. Also, I purposely stated I wasn't being negative, I was just curious as to how our lads could beat Galway's best team. Galway won their section of the Tony Forristal last year while Laois got nowhere in the B and suffered such results in some games as to cause an outcry here (rightly).
For example. I was in the COE when this squad played Kilkenny last year. Kilkenny absolutely riddled our lads and as the game went on they simply couldn't weaken their team anymore. All the subs were put on and corner backs plus the goalie put in the forwards, everything, but still no let up in the one way traffic. It was embarrassing and I felt sorry for the young lads.  I subsequently found out that this was a Kilkenny B trial team who had a number of players on the day who didn't even make their B squad. Earlier that year in one of the Leinster blitzes, Kilkenny and Galway played each other with both counties having 3 even teams, 72 players each. Both teams played 2 games (6 games in total). Both counties won 2 games with 2 being drawn. That would suggest to me that Galway and Kilkenny are very evenly matched. Hence my suspicion.
Just because a team is named as Galway 1 doesn't mean it's their A team.
I'd be pretty certain that our U15s are nowhere near the level of Galway. We'll wait for the next couple of minor championships to prove that. I hope I'm wrong.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on July 26, 2023, 02:41:43 PM
   Arrabawn B QF   

Galway 1 v Laois   
   Galway 2 v Dublin 2   
   Kilkenny 2 v Offaly 1   

Expressing doubt over the reality of a result is not being negative. I am not a keyboard warrior and I seldom have a personal go at anyone on here. Also, I purposely stated I wasn't being negative, I was just curious as to how our lads could beat Galway's best team. Galway won their section of the Tony Forristal last year while Laois got nowhere in the B and suffered such results in some games as to cause an outcry here (rightly).
For example. I was in the COE when this squad played Kilkenny last year. Kilkenny absolutely riddled our lads and as the game went on they simply couldn't weaken their team anymore. All the subs were put on and corner backs plus the goalie put in the forwards, everything, but still no let up in the one way traffic. It was embarrassing and I felt sorry for the young lads.  I subsequently found out that this was a Kilkenny B trial team who had a number of players on the day who didn't even make their B squad. Earlier that year in one of the Leinster blitzes, Kilkenny and Galway played each other with both counties having 3 even teams, 72 players each. Both teams played 2 games (6 games in total). Both counties won 2 games with 2 being drawn. That would suggest to me that Galway and Kilkenny are very evenly matched. Hence my suspicion.
Just because a team is named as Galway 1 doesn't mean it's their A team.
I'd be pretty certain that our U15s are nowhere near the level of Galway. We'll wait for the next couple of minor championships to prove that. I hope I'm wrong.

Excellent informed Post

Lads coming on here telling us it's all rosey in the garden when it so patently isn't and most of us involved also at the coal face of Juvenile Hurling and Football

We won't have to wait for the minor championship

The Arrabawn Competition is on in Tipperary on the 26th of August this Year

24 teams involved

Giovanni

Maybe I'm getting my wires crossed but didn't someone on here say not long ago that we have a very talented bunch of u-15s this year?

Hurling123

Look your opinion of this team has been so negative from your first post.
For such an informed man you clearly leave out so much information
You talk of this team at last year level . this team started out last year as 4 divisional teams .
They played other county teams while in this format
The  team reached the semi final of the Tony forrisal after beating cork and Wexford in Waterford lost to Tipperary who I believe won the competition out.
My point is if you have all the information why not put that up the positive aspects,.your comments are all so negative.
As I said my agenda is for development of this team and other underage teams in the county.i know that the management team are really struggling to get people to help out with mid week sessions. They train from 11 until 1.30 in the Coe on Tuesday. They also train every Saturday morning.
I will certainly try and make it down to Tipperary to support the lads.