Pat Kenny in the Round - Mickey Harte

Started by Wildweasel74, May 25, 2015, 10:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I could listen to Micky all day and I've nothing but admiration for the man, the personal losses he's had to deal with would break any ordinary man and i'm glad for him that he's a strong man with good faith to deal with it...I know I couldn't. I've backed him up many times on here and people forget themselves when there are a few trophies in the cabinet how things were before he took over. Armagh were similar (although not as many All Irelands as Tyrone) when our dominance started to wane we were looking everyone replaced but lads forgot what it was like 15-20 years ago when we couldn't win an argument.

Tyrone will be a weaker County without Micky and just be glad you lot have him, he seems a great family man and by his comments last night he also came from a great family too...Fair play Micky and I hope you've better luck in the next 20 years than you've had in the last 20...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 26, 2015, 09:22:22 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 26, 2015, 07:46:56 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 26, 2015, 07:31:25 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 25, 2015, 11:57:39 PM
Naomh Mhichíl. It would sicken your hole.

What? The fact that he made Tyrone one of the best teams if the modern era? I'd say that would sicken the hole of a county living on past glories alright!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Brendan. Stop letting that anger get the better of you again.

No anger here my little Derry buddy! But anyone who watched Mickey talk about what he talked about and think to themselves that it sickened their hole, must have a pretty sick hole to begin with. I'm sure people weren't expecting Pat Kenny to discuss blanket defences, sledging and the geometrics of football now were they?

It sickens my hole that he tried to say Tyrone were the attacking team in the 2003 All Ireland Semi Final and Pat let him away with it.

It sickens my hole that he talks about his faith and doing the right thing all the time yet let's a tr**p like Ryan McMenamin do what he did for so long.

It sickens my hole that he's this man of great faith etc. yet RTE apologised for that they did and he still won't speak or let his team speak to RTE. . . there are more but that's 3 without even thinking too hard about it.

Personally what he's been through is horrendous and the way he has overcome it is admirable but there does seem to be 2 different sides to the man when it comes to football!!!

Walter Cronc

What? The fact that he made Tyrone one of the best teams if the modern era? I'd say that would sicken the hole of a county living on past glories alright!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Brendan. Stop letting that anger get the better of you again.

No anger here my little Derry buddy! But anyone who watched Mickey talk about what he talked about and think to themselves that it sickened their hole, must have a pretty sick hole to begin with. I'm sure people weren't expecting Pat Kenny to discuss blanket defences, sledging and the geometrics of football now were they?

Although some of his religious views wouldn't be in my way of thinking....If it helps him cope with the loss of his daughter then who am I to argue.

I think his standing in the game and legacy would be long lasting if he decided to hit the whole sledging issue head on. He's the most high profile manager in the game and people would listen.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on May 26, 2015, 09:39:25 AM

It sickens my hole that he tried to say Tyrone were the attacking team in the 2003 All Ireland Semi Final and Pat let him away with it.

It sickens my hole that he talks about his faith and doing the right thing all the time yet let's a tr**p like Ryan McMenamin do what he did for so long.

It sickens my hole that he's this man of great faith etc. yet RTE apologised for that they did and he still won't speak or let his team speak to RTE. . . there are more but that's 3 without even thinking too hard about it.

Personally what he's been through is horrendous and the way he has overcome it is admirable but there does seem to be 2 different sides to the man when it comes to football!!!

In a way SE I've far more time for Ricey than Cavanagh. At least Ricey didn't try to act Mr nice guy off the field!

cockahoop

great post and so true

wobbller

His appointment of Gavin Devlin tells us all we need to know
about the Football side of his character.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 26, 2015, 09:42:29 AM

In a way SE I've far more time for Ricey than Cavanagh. At least Ricey didn't try to act Mr nice guy off the field!

+1

cockahoop

Quote from: wobbller on May 26, 2015, 11:39:24 AM

again spot on

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on May 26, 2015, 09:39:25 AMIt sickens my hole that he tried to say Tyrone were the attacking team in the 2003 All Ireland Semi Final and Pat let him away with it.

SO.MUCH.ANGER!

ck

Quote from: wobbller on May 26, 2015, 11:39:24 AM

No idea what this means. Please explain

shawshank

How could not admire the man after what he has achieved and gone through. I am not overly holy as they say, and he does egg the holy stuff, but his passion came through for me. Leaders are made of stern stuff, and to be at the top you need a steely unshakable belief, he has that in buckets.

cockahoop

Quote from: shawshank on May 26, 2015, 02:03:40 PM
How could not admire the man after what he has achieved and gone through. I am not overly holy as they say, and he does egg the holy stuff, but his passion came through for me. Leaders are made of stern stuff, and to be at the top you need a steely unshakable belief, he has that in buckets.

as a manager theres not many better in the modern game and no disputing his achievements buts its his hypocrisy which screen exile has pointed out that really get on some peoples goat,going around religious meetings preaching about morality and forgiveness yet he contradicts this while manager of one of the most cynical teams ever to play the game,very difficult to admire IMO of course.

DermyTDredi

the man on TV is most certainly not the same man in the changing room - hard to know who the real MH is at times

ardtole

I admire Mickey Harte for his decision to boycott RTE. The "comic piece" on the radio was in bad taste, it was insensitive and the presenter himself never apologised. Pat kenny asked him was he stubborn, and Harte replied, he was principled. I would say he is stubborn but in this instance he is perfectly entitled to be.

As a Down man the Gregory McCartan sending off incident with McGuigan left a sour taste in our mouths and it was very unsporting of McGuigan what happened that day, but at the same time they had a fantastic team, especially in the forwards, Canavan, Dooher, ONeill, Mulligan, Cavlan.

I always felt that the famous clip of Daragh O'Se ( i think) swarmed by tyrone players, who bottle him up, without fouling him had to have been carried out by a Dublin or Kerry team, instead of Spillane labelling itpuke football, he would have been praising the intensity, the discipline, the teamwork and organisation, the fitness  and how they have brought football to a new level.

I always admired how he thought outside the box, starting Canavan, bringing him off and then reintroducing him in 2008. Also when tyrone were faced with the twin tower threat of Kerry he dropped Gourley and played the two McMahons.

blanketattack

While the John Murray show had enough distasteful material to warrant a ban, I thought Brian Carthy's treatment by RTE was the main reason for the ban?