Quote from: paddyjohn on January 17, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2017, 08:29:12 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 17, 2017, 07:45:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2017, 05:39:51 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 17, 2017, 03:56:34 PM
Some stature - that's a dig.
;D

Hey !!!

Surely you're next in line of a county final of some sorts MR2? Top ref that you are

Not into that stuff at all, I'm happy doing a div 4 game as doing a div 1 game! Never did a championship game last year either... plenty of better refs

I thought you would of been keen

I'm keen to referee every week but I'll just ref the games I get or can, it's just a case of putting something back in!! I've played (continue to) for 34 years without refs (good or bad) I wouldn't have the memories I have!

Where'd ya play for 34 years without refs?!  :o
Hasta la victoria siempre

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 17, 2017, 09:37:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2017, 08:39:04 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 17, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2017, 08:29:12 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 17, 2017, 07:45:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2017, 05:39:51 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 17, 2017, 03:56:34 PM
Some stature - that's a dig.
;D

Hey !!!

Surely you're next in line of a county final of some sorts MR2? Top ref that you are

Not into that stuff at all, I'm happy doing a div 4 game as doing a div 1 game! Never did a championship game last year either... plenty of better refs

I thought you would of been keen

I'm keen to referee every week but I'll just ref the games I get or can, it's just a case of putting something back in!! I've played (continue to) for 34 years without refs (good or bad) I wouldn't have the memories I have!

Where'd ya play for 34 years without refs?!  :o

Mayo  ;)

Punctuation can make you look silly !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Awful news coming out of creggan tonight involving 2 kids in a car crash, hopefully they'll pull through and gaels around the county will keep them in our prayers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 17, 2017, 11:43:34 PM
Awful news coming out of creggan tonight involving 2 kids in a car crash, hopefully they'll pull throw and gaels around the county will keep them in our prayers.

Heard that, break your heart!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

When the Antrim job was up for discussion there was little to split Antrim and Fermanagh in the ratings. Pete Mc Grath made his interest known in the Antrim job and didn't even get the courtesy of an acknowledgement. I'd say he is taking some enjoyment with each and every score!

paddyjohn

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on January 18, 2017, 08:55:39 PM
When the Antrim job was up for discussion there was little to split Antrim and Fermanagh in the ratings. Pete Mc Grath made his interest known in the Antrim job and didn't even get the courtesy of an acknowledgement. I'd say he is taking some enjoyment with each and every score!

All joking aside, would it make much difference if they had Pete McGrath, Mickey Harte or Jim Gavin
Seriously ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

No improvement made whatsoever on the pitch with the footballers and people leaving/getting pushed of the CCC, a county board job offered to member of the casement social club..

Future is bright. Bring back Jim Murray.

bannside

If you were on county executive PJ what would you do to improve what's happening on the pitch, in the case of Antrim senior footballers? I'm not trying to be clever here.Just genuinely interested in what you would do / think board should do. Question open to anyone with a constructive view?

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on January 18, 2017, 10:11:10 PM
If you were on county executive PJ what would you do to improve what's happening on the pitch, in the case of Antrim senior footballers? I'm not trying to be clever here.Just genuinely interested in what you would do / think board should do. Question open to anyone with a constructive view?

I honestly don't know BS. I just think we are slipping into the old rut of jobs for boys and accepting s**t!

BrendanAntrim

Not a good set of McKenna Cup results by any means. Have to declare I saw none of the games so maybe unfair to comment too much.

And after all its staying up in Div 3 that really matters, but we are a long way off any chance of consecutive promotions as happened last time we got out of Div 4.

bogieman

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 18, 2017, 10:40:42 PM

I honestly don't know BS. I just think we are slipping into the old rut of jobs for boys and accepting s**t!

A constructive view was asked for, there is nothing constructive in your criticism.

The following is a question for all the recurring criticising slabbers:

What's your idea of what one of these boys 'jobs' entail ?
- Monthly hours - meetings, travel, homework, phone calls, etc
- Expenses - travel, mileage, a commendation, meals, subsistence
- Remuneration, hourly rate, overtime rates, etc
- Performance-related bonus
- Benefits in kind
- Holiday and time off entitlement
- Perks

Wonder if any will answer honestly...

There is no point crying about little support from the Antrim public, the ulster council, and certainly not at lack of funding from croker. Money from Dublin will not sort out antrim gaa, and neither is there any cavalry coming from other counties.

The issues can only be sorted out within Antrim, how many gaels are actually helping and not criticising ?
Empowerment will bring success.

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Galer

Nicely worded spake there.Football in Antrim is in free fall.dont care how u put it money is needed to help the situation.i am a saff vision sceptic myself but will give them the benefit of time as even alan sugar couldnt sort out the mess antrim are in.it will  take another 2/3 years for any small change to happen.its no secret i do not think the antrim senior managemebt are out if there depth but what really annoys me is u21 management remained after showing so much bious towards there own

Hectic

Anyone who is expecting an upturn on the playing side due to the SV crowd being in power for one year is living in cloud cuckoo land.  I would say the first thing that needed addressed was the administration within the county and they would be doing well to have that addressed at this stage.  Then you focus on your sporting side - not the other way around.  It is childish in my opinion to blame the SV crowd for current sporting failures.  I am not saying they will def get it right but it is way too soon to be judging.  Anyhow, I believe for Antrim to have any chance it is a long road and involves serious intervention in all primary schools in the county from P1 level upward.  Any money going about at all should be focused on our primary schools.

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on January 19, 2017, 09:47:00 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 18, 2017, 10:01:50 PM
a county board job offered to member of the casement social club..
:o
Outrage.

Sarcasm isn't really needed here to be honest.

A member of the CCC left/was pushed or whatever, he as far as I know hasn't been replaced despite offering the job to 2 men who both turned it down, one of these being a member of the social club which, correct me if I'm wrong, was one of the hold ups of the Old/New Casement saga.

Surely with out a CCC we can't do fixtures or championship draws which in turn will hold up things starting.

I've never once said that the SV concern will get it fixed with the first couple of years of them being in office but the jury is very much out on them at present. When things are correct in the boardroom so to speak, through times things will hopefully start to turn around on the pitch.

Maybe I am being a criticising slabber by voicing my opinion.