Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on January 16, 2017, 09:51:24 AM
Quote from: Hand up on January 15, 2017, 04:12:23 PM
Some hammering today just the 26 points!! Less running more hurling!!

Was at the game. To be honest, some positive signs from an Antrim perspective (I appreciate how that sounds, given the scoreline). The big difference was a.) the goals (and Chrissy had a stomer!) and b.) how clinical KK (who had a very strong team out) were generally. The least mistake was punished by a point. The first half was reasonably competitive and we took some good scores. We also had a goal ruled out for a square ball that was a square ball but there was no need for it to be (if that makes any sense - our man had wandered into the square when waiting for a ball to be crossed in when he could easily have held back and scored just as easily).

Some strong individual performances and everybody kept going and showing for the ball right to the end (which hasn't always been the way with us in games like this).

I think we have to be realistic about where we are in the world right now.

That's a good summary Cloot
In regards to the square ball it was a bit harsh as he never had it in his hand but they disallowed a Kilkenny goal for the same thing in the second half
Chrissy made some mega saves but his puck outs where bad
Kilkenny really opened us up in the last twenty minutes, they seem to be a lot fitter
Still a good work out for the leauge
Kilkennys movement off the ball was unreal
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Cmills abu on January 16, 2017, 10:09:20 AM
Really disappointing result for cloughmills on Saturday. Late point took it to extra time and that affected the lads for the first half of ET. 2 evenly matched teams though on a better pitch and better conditions I think we would have got over the line. The pitch was really poor. Leaves on it and dug up really bad. We had a few chances to win it but just wasn't to be. Think the London outfit will have their work cut out by carrickshock though. Good luck to them.

I was pleasently surprised when i seen on twitter that it had finished a draw. The london lads were favs for the game and i was hoping that when Cmills were 2 up they could hold on to win it but sadly not too be.

Its been a great year and adventure for the club and i hope they build on it this year. Well done to them.
hurl like f**k boi!

Cmills abu

Quote from: Usain on January 16, 2017, 10:14:07 AM
Really disappointing result for cloughmills on Saturday. Late point took it to extra time and that affected the lads for the first half of ET. 2 evenly matched teams though on a better pitch and better conditions I think we would have got over the line. The pitch was really poor. Leaves on it and dug up really bad. We had a few chances to win it but just wasn't to be. Think the London outfit will have their work cut out by carrickshock though. Good luck to them.

The biddies would always have struck me as a team that fairs much better with a dry sod and ball. The heavy pitches at this time of the year wouldn't suit their nimble team.

Yes, definitely though it was the same for both teams. But we couldn't use our pace as effective as in a drier pitch. Game should have been played in November but for the delay to the ulster final.

Cmills abu

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 16, 2017, 10:28:41 AM

I was pleasently surprised when i seen on twitter that it had finished a draw. The london lads were favs for the game and i was hoping that when Cmills were 2 up they could hold on to win it but sadly not too be.

Its been a great year and adventure for the club and i hope they build on it this year. Well done to them.
Scores were hard to come by. They only scored 2 from play during normal time. Took 2 late frees to level it. Ref gave a few soft frees to both teams but it was one of those games.

Hand up

Great news on the Antrim v Tipp Friendly well done to the County on securing this game? And then where the F**k to we hold it ? Surprise Surprise !! Corrigan Park!! One step forward 2 steps back!!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hand up on January 18, 2017, 11:14:03 PM
Great news on the Antrim v Tipp Friendly well done to the County on securing this game? And then where the F**k to we hold it ? Surprise Surprise !! Corrigan Park!! One step forward 2 steps back!!

Where else do you want it played? Is it not a weekend for Fr Alec Reid?

Hand up

Somewhere that's suitable, Good Pitch, parking, veiwing facilites and that would attract a crowd because let's face it if there's a Celtic match on who many SA supporter's will bother their arse attending ie Senior Semi this year , it was pathetic!!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hand up on January 18, 2017, 11:28:47 PM
Somewhere that's suitable, Good Pitch, parking, veiwing facilites and that would attract a crowd because let's face it if there's a Celtic match on who many SA supporter's will bother their arse attending ie Senior Semi this year , it was pathetic!!

Where else in the City has parking? Bear Pit? I agree with you by the way.

bogieman

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 18, 2017, 11:17:13 PM
Quote from: Hand up on January 18, 2017, 11:14:03 PM

Where else do you want it played? Is it not a weekend for Fr Alec Reid?

The is a full season at least before Casement development;
Get the grass cut and rolled;
Borrow a set of posts and nets from dunsilly, turn the heat on the changing rooms, pull out the weeds from the terraces, unlock the gates;
It doesn't have a stand anyway... (with seats)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Stillwater2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 18, 2017, 11:33:11 PM
Quote from: Hand up on January 18, 2017, 11:28:47 PM

Where else in the City has parking? Bear Pit? I agree with you by the way.

Bear Pit is closed, new changing rooms being  built and further work being carried out.

surely after new changing rooms built, they are bound to be able to host a few games. Or maybe not !!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

St Johns is probably the only pitch that could take the game. All the other pitches in the county are shut due to the hammerings they took throughout the year.

Instead of bitching about the venue in January consider that the clubs dont want their pitches tore into complete shite months before any of the actual teams who play on it are even allowed close to it.

We dont have a county ground so we rely on the grace and good will of the clubs who offer their pitches up at this stage of the year.

And dont mention about getting money for it cause its not work two flying fuks as Ballycastle could vouch for.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

The Alec Reid connection was instrumental in organising the event as were some members of St Johns, and throw in Corrigan's proximity to Clonard Monastry - the game would never have been considered for anywhere else.

Usain

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 19, 2017, 09:36:21 AM
The Alec Reid connection was instrumental in organising the event as were some members of St Johns, and throw in Corrigan's proximity to Clonard Monastry - the game would never have been considered for anywhere else.

Fair enough. I hope its a success.

Maybe need some of those shuttle buses for supporters like the new casement plans to have and bus supporters from larger car parks.

Hand up

Who says the other clubs wouldn't have taken it, I know our own pitch was cut today and in great shape, and let's face it giving his bias towards his own club last year during the senior championships, the County Chairman wouldn't have let it go anywhere else!
I feel all County matches should be held in venues that maximise supporter numbers to create an atmosphere the team. I know it's not ready yet but my preference would have been Dunloy. But I will be on Corrigan supporting the team, hopefully everyone on here will as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hand up on January 19, 2017, 06:38:37 PM
Who says the other clubs wouldn't have taken it, I know our own pitch was cut today and in great shape, and let's face it giving his bias towards his own club last year during the senior championships, the County Chairman wouldn't have let it go anywhere else!
I feel all County matches should be held in venues that maximise supporter numbers to create an atmosphere the team. I know it's not ready yet but my preference would have been Dunloy. But I will be on Corrigan supporting the team, hopefully everyone on here will as well.

Cushendall isnt the best place to watch county games either to be fair, remember the last time Tipp played there, wasnt great, and if you happen to be a short arse (like me) then you'll need to be at the fence or on the step part!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea