Gypsy Camp on M50

Started by Sky Blue, July 18, 2007, 12:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

How many Irish are staying illegally & taking the government for everything they can stew?

Long time dead

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 18, 2007, 02:29:07 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on July 18, 2007, 02:15:11 PM
Looking after a couple of children and struggling to feed them when they cost of living is so high is a full time job in itself.

Should we be forced to pay for the upkeep of these children?
There is enough work in this country for everyone, why shouldnt these people get a job and be made work for a living.

Another w**ker.

Long time dead

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 18, 2007, 02:36:32 PM
Rearin a child is a job in itself, but many people do it without living off the state.
It can be a vicious circle for young girls, they see others who are "doing well" ie getting their own house/flat when they have a child and getting state handouts, but we the taxpayer are paying for this.
Offer them jobs and if they refuse to work stop the hand outs. I mean that about everyone and not just single parents. We d all be a lot better off then.

Then take their children of them as they won't be able to support them and let the state look after them in a home; or get them put up for adoption - f**k me - Jesus wept.  Oh and arrest the Mothers for neglect as their child goes with out food or clothes.  ::)

Long time dead

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 18, 2007, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: Declan on July 18, 2007, 02:42:55 PM
QuoteRearin a child is a job in itself, but many people do it without living off the state.

So you'd be in favour of doing away with children's allowance, back to school benefits etc then

No, I wouldnt be in favour of doing away with all benefits, but some people really abuse the system. There should be a time limit on benefits, if you havent found a job inside a year you arent really looking.

Ah, I see you'd keep the benefits applicable to you and your's.  ::)  By the way what if a mother has a child and within a year has another - tell her to f**k off and get a job and leave the babies at home!

ildanach

The main issue i have with the unmarried mother benefit is those that are actually living with a partner but claiming the benefit, this is where the main problem lies. The simple solution to this, is to deduct some of the fathers payment (whether it is social welfare or tax credits) and if the father is marked as being unknown on the birth cert, then to only provide benefit for the first child after that it is your own responsibility to know who the father of your child is.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

his holiness nb

The main problem stopping single mothers working is the costs of childcare which would cripple them.

Then again some are just lazy.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: stew on July 18, 2007, 02:55:22 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 01:08:53 PM
They are here illegally and show be sent home, we have a process so why should the ignore it?

Does this logic apply to the illegal irish in America gnevin?
I dont see why not but at least they are working over their
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Long time dead

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 18, 2007, 03:06:48 PM
Long time dead, are you on the dole?

No - I have a highly skilled I.T Job - what about yourself?

Edit - I have never been on the dole in my life - but what has that got to do with slandering unmarried mothers as being lazy - have you any kids - they are so easy to look after!

Long time dead

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 18, 2007, 03:25:15 PM
I am not slandering unmarried mothers as being lazy, just dont think they or anyone else should be allowed to sponge off the state. There is enough work for everyone in Ireland today, but most dole heads would look down their noses at some of the jobs on offer, they would be too good for waitress jobs or factory work.  ;)

You didn't answer my question - have you any kids - the cost of child care is far greater than a waitress or factory worker would get - also it is hugely more beneficial for the mother to look after the child than put the kid in child care all day - a bit of perspective needed 5ive Times.  It also is anything but a holiday being tied to a kid or kids 24 / 7.

Edit I meant more beneficial for mother and child.

Tankie

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 02:45:24 PM
Quote from: Declan on July 18, 2007, 02:42:55 PM
QuoteRearin a child is a job in itself, but many people do it without living off the state.

So you'd be in favour of doing away with children's allowance, back to school benefits etc then

no issue with childrens allowance etc but when you have unmarried mother with 5 kid saying the 3bedroom house is to small and they can afford to pay the bills or dress the kids for school, but yet they are off on their hols to spain while driving their 07 micras.
They really piss me off, and you's all know the type i mean!

These are the unmarried mothers we are complaining about, Have you no issue with these Long time Dead?

maybe your the w**ker long time dead?
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

What about unmarried mothers whose children are in school most of the day yet they still dont want to work part time during these hours?
Ask me holy bollix

Tankie

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 18, 2007, 04:16:40 PM
What about unmarried mothers whose children are in school most of the day yet they still dont want to work part time during these hours?

Lazy f**kers if you ask me! how can the unmarried couple not work during these hours but a successfull couple will.
Grand Slam Saturday!

inisceithleann

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 04:25:40 PM

Lazy f**kers if you ask me! how can the unmarried couple not work during these hours but a successfull couple will.

What about the unmarried mother with a couple of children. After they go to school, do you not think they have washing to do, house cleaning to do and dinners to prepare for when the children return from school? I know married couples have similar pressures in keeping a home, but at least a successful couple have 4 hands instead of 2 to do the work and could possibly hire someone to come in and help them. Unmarried mothers may not be so fortunate to have this option.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

his holiness nb

In fairness most couples with children who both need to work to pay the mortgage cant afford a cleaner.
Be honest there are some lazy ones out their.
Ask me holy bollix

inisceithleann

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 18, 2007, 04:37:04 PM
In fairness most couples with children who both need to work to pay the mortgage cant afford a cleaner.
Be honest there are some lazy ones out their.

Of course there are plently of lazy unemployed people happy to sit around and sponge off the state. But there is a wider issue here. I don't have statistics but I think you'll find that a lot unmarried couples on the dole have the poorest health in the country and live in the worst housing. These people come from poor socio economic backgrounds and don't have the education or motivation to get out of the rut in which they are stuck. It is a vicious cycle as their children will probably be the same.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth