Hurling championship 2018

Started by seafoid, April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

@ShaneSaint

·

Jun 3

Tipp 2018 are the Mayo of 2017. Shambling and stumbling along, about to be killed off or about to take off.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2018, 07:44:06 AM
@ShaneSaint

·

Jun 3

Tipp 2018 are the Mayo of 2017. Shambling and stumbling along, about to be killed off or about to take off.

A good summary. I think it's the former. The way they are playing I can't see them living with Clare. Galvin and Tony Kelly will have a field day and John Condon will be licking his lips at a wounded Paudie Maher, who is suffering from an injury.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 05, 2018, 09:10:14 AM
@ShaneSaint

·

Jun 3

I think Shane Stapleton is a really excellent pundit/analyst
A good summary. I think it's the former. The way they are playing I can't see them living with Clare. Galvin and Tony Kelly will have a field day and John Condon will be licking his lips at a wounded Paudie Maher, who is suffering from an injury.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2018, 09:54:35 AM
@ShaneSaint

·

Jun 3

Is he not a Tipp man?

I'd not be buying any of that cure hoorism that Tipp are gone.

I think Clare will have their work cut out to beat Tipp in Semple even if Tipp are like the walking wounded.

Clare will need to score 3 or more goals as Tipp will get a few at the other end.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on June 05, 2018, 10:14:10 AM
@ShaneSaint

·

Jun 3

Is he not a Tipp man?

I think Clare will have their work cut out to beat Tipp in Semple even if Tipp are like the walking wounded.

Clare will need to score 3 or more goals as the umpire Tipp will get a few at the other end.

fixed that

AZOffaly

@ShaneSaint

·

Jun 3

Is he not a Tipp man?

Clare will need to score 3 or more goals as Tipp will get a few at the other end.

Shane Stapleton is a Tipp man. Borrisoleigh. His brother Paddy retired there a few years ago.

I don't think this is cute hoorism though. He says they will either be killed off, or take off. I suspect Clare will administer the coup de grace but if they don't and Tipp survive, they'll be dangerous again.

They just look completely off though. Themselves and Galway have been the best two teams around for the past few years, but there's a chasm between them at the moment.

sid waddell

My hunch is that Tipp will somehow find a way to beat Clare, by hook or by crook.

I don't trust Clare, especially in Thurles. They've flattered to deceive so many times since 2013.

NAG1

Defintely something not quite right with Tipp at the minute, but to be fair to them the spirit in the camp must be decent enough otherwise they would not have dug out the two results that they have done.

Only thing is that if Callanan stays fit he will play himself into form and that would be dangerous for Clare.

Agree Clare are going to need goals, but always feel Clare are much better when they have that threat anyway. It will be an interesting one.

AZOffaly

And Clare have pace. Tipp hate pace. Even in the last few years, pace and power worries Tipp because while they have all the skills, they've never had an abundance of pace and power. They've had powerful players like Paudie Maher, but he's not pacy. They've had mobile lads like Brendan, but he's not powerful. And the lads they've tried to fill that with, Michael Breen, Dan McCormack, Billy McCarthy, have all had varying success rates. Bonner, when he was going well, was the powerful running, quick lad that they are missing badly.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 05, 2018, 11:14:13 AM
@ShaneSaint

·

Jun 3

Is he not a Tipp man?

Shane Stapleton is a Tipp man. Borrisoleigh. His brother Paddy retired there a few years ago.

I don't think this is cute hoorism though. He says they will either be killed off, or take off. I suspect Clare will administer the coup de grace but if they don't and Tipp survive, they'll be dangerous again.

They just look completely off though. Themselves and Galway have been the best two teams around for the past few years, but there's a chasm between them at the moment.
Early June. If they can hang in there they would be up to championship speed by Late July 

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 05, 2018, 11:25:59 AM
And Clare have pace. Tipp hate pace. Even in the last few years, pace and power worries Tipp because while they have all the skills, they've never had an abundance of pace and power. They've had powerful players like Paudie Maher, but he's not pacy. They've had mobile lads like Brendan, but he's not powerful. And the lads they've tried to fill that with, Michael Breen, Dan McCormack, Billy McCarthy, have all had varying success rates. Bonner, when he was going well, was the powerful running, quick lad that they are missing badly.

Tipp's 4th week out in a row and its not as if they've had the comfort of winning a game pulling up either whilst Clare have 2 weeks to prepare.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 05, 2018, 12:29:44 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 05, 2018, 11:25:59 AM

Tipp's 4th week out in a row and its not as if they've had the comfort of winning a game pulling up either whilst Clare have 2 weeks to prepare.
It's existential for Tipp. I expect a performance

manfromdelmonte

Looking forward to the Kilkenny v Wexford game today

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 09, 2018, 09:07:22 AM
Looking forward to the Kilkenny v Wexford game today
Wexford beat Kilkenny in Leinster last year
The winner gets the dubious prize of a Leinster final slot versus Galway