Living the Dream

Started by ThroughTheLaces, January 14, 2016, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThroughTheLaces

Is there anybody on the board living the dream? For example, did you always want to be a teacher, got qualified, teach and love what you're doing?

I never knew what I wanted to be. I'm working in construction and I have to say I love my job, but I don't know if its what I want to do forever. Basically I'm 30 now and still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

Does anybody have it sussed or are we all just going through the motions?
The apple never falls far from the tree.

RealSpiritof98

I think for 90% (no science in that figure BTW) unless you became a professional athlete for me living the dream is out of reach. Many people could be very happy with what they have achieved and many people could be dreading the sunrise.... I don't think we like to admit it either way. I'm in no way living a dream lifestyle!!!! Keeping the children fed and wolves from the door is all my life is about at the minute and every month I achieve that it's a victory.

Milltown Row2

Jobs will always grind you down, I've changed jobs a good few times.... Loving my new job, I hope its my last job, as for living the dream, nearly there...

Would love to retire for six months of the year to somewhere warm!! Wife not convinced yet!! When that happens, I'll be living the dream then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

I suppose I am. When I was a youngster I used to picture myself living in some sunny, exotic American location and working in something high tech. But then I used to picture myself doing a lot of things.

I was hoping to be an aeronautical engineer at the crucial point when I was picking GCSE subjects, but I never quite got my maths up to the necessary standard. Took a detour into BTEC business studies instead of doing A-levels (which I had the option of doing in theory, but not in practice). It was enough to get into reasonably decent universities, but I often think if A-levels would have been feasible for me then I might have had a better choice of universities. But I'm still happy with the way things turned out. The thing about the high tech industry is you can teach yourself a lot of the skills you need, and as long as you have some sort of degree behind you then you'll be all right.

Rufus T Firefly