Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: ciaran1988 on August 03, 2020, 06:47:42 AM
It's now Championship week at last. How do we see it going? Can Dunloy retain Big Ears, have they Worked on a surprise tactic or something which is why they pulled out of the Cushendall league game. Can Cushendall gain revenge for last years final defeat or can Loughgiel get back to the top of the tree. The Johnnies can they finally get over the line or will they struggle with having a lot of players playing football champ as well. How will St Endas fare up playing senior for the first time?. Can anyone else spring a surprise, Rossa, Ballycastle or St Galls. Let's hear your predictions or how your club has been getting on in challenge games. Me I just can't wait till Sunday throws around

It used to be all the talk would be about the championship and the build up to it but with it not going any farther than Antrim and limited fans allowed into games its sort of left it all a bit flat for supporters.

Ill be at the games as ive order tickets for the group games but it seems a bit watered down this year imo. If we win it great but if we dont i wont lose any sleep worrying. Our lads are pushing hard on both fronts in the football and hurling so they arent getting the same rest the non dual club players are so its a balancing act to avoid injuries with so many games in such a sort space of time.

I think we should be too strong for Ballycastle and get through the match with a bit to spare.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

When the players cross the line (either code) they'll be busting their eye strings to win the match, I doubt very much Gregory will expect anything else...

The dual thing will certainly make a difference this year and with group games being so close together its made things harder again..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

i def think with so many games in a short space it will benefit the hurling only clubs likewise for the football only clubs in the other code.

It will be full paced and hard hitting but i know plenty of people who wont even be bothering ordering the 3 match tickets as they have to pay for their kids to get into the game now. It is what it is and we will just have to make the best of it.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 03, 2020, 03:10:05 PM
i def think with so many games in a short space it will benefit the hurling only clubs likewise for the football only clubs in the other code.

It will be full paced and hard hitting but i know plenty of people who wont even be bothering ordering the 3 match tickets as they have to pay for their kids to get into the game now. It is what it is and we will just have to make the best of it.

How many have been allocated to each club?

how are the clubs going about the distribution? open draw? members only? that is bound to start some rows.

Might actually work in the dual clubs favour get players back to championship pace in a shorter time frame. Although the injuries and tiredness will play a part in that too. Interesting one.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NAG1 on August 03, 2020, 03:18:35 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 03, 2020, 03:10:05 PM

How many have been allocated to each club?

how are the clubs going about the distribution? open draw? members only? that is bound to start some rows.

Might actually work in the dual clubs favour get players back to championship pace in a shorter time frame. Although the injuries and tiredness will play a part in that too. Interesting one.

We have got 200 for the 3 group games so id assume thats the same for the other clubs as well. £15 for the 3 games which isnt bad value. truth is you wont get 200 from Dunloy at the away games in Belfast for the Rossa and St Johns games.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Has it not opened up to 400 supporters? Got a text earlier about it, could be wrong though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2020, 06:30:48 PM
Has it not opened up to 400 supporters? Got a text earlier about it, could be wrong though

400 for each club?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: MoChara on August 03, 2020, 09:43:10 PM

400 for each club?

200 per club - 400 supporters overall.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 03, 2020, 10:26:23 PM

400 for each club?

So it's still 400? Was it originally 200?

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2020, 10:40:23 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 03, 2020, 10:26:23 PM

400 for each club?

So it's still 400? Was it originally 200?

The 400 includes players and management , so roughly 160 spectators per club.

Na Glinntí Glasa

it seems to have changed tho as we have got 200 tickets for the hurling whereas for the football we have only got 75.

i dont know when the rules changed to allow that
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 04, 2020, 09:30:33 AM
it seems to have changed tho as we have got 200 tickets for the hurling whereas for the football we have only got 75.

i dont know when the rules changed to allow that

Like I'd said earlier I got a text yesterday saying it's now up to 400 allowed at the games

imtommygunn

Were they not reassessing based on the size of the grounds? I was watching TG4 last night and it's a bit ridiculous. There were wee tiny club grounds in kerry with people on top of each other and then games in nowlan park where you'd the most sparsely populated crowd you could find.You could fit a few thousand into some grounds with no distancing issues.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2020, 09:49:05 AM
Were they not reassessing based on the size of the grounds? I was watching TG4 last night and it's a bit ridiculous. There were wee tiny club grounds in kerry with people on top of each other and then games in nowlan park where you'd the most sparsely populated crowd you could find.You could fit a few thousand into some grounds with no distancing issues.

I think they've made the call that grounds can readily contain 400 people (that's including both panels and officials) based on the assumption that most pitches would have a minimum of 400 metres plus of perimeter fencing.

We've been offered 150 tickets for each championship game, so only 300 supporters per game with players, officials, stewards etc etc making up the other 100.

anything we don't use goes to general release via an app.

ciaran1988

Championship predictions let's hear yours.

Senior
Rossa vs St Johns - St Johns by 5
Dunloy vs Ballycastle - Dunloy by 9
Loughgiel vs Cushendall - Loughgiel by 2
St Endas vs St Galls - St Endas by 4

Intermediate
Creggan vs Carey - Carey by 1
Cloughmills vs Armoy - Cloughmills by 3
Ahoghill vs Glenariffe - Glenariffe by 6

Junior
Davitts vs Larne - Larne by 2
Glenarm vs St Paul's - St Paul's by 3