Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Ballycastle, I'd have thought would have been the best 'home' pitch outside of Dunloy.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: NAG1 on November 10, 2021, 10:24:54 AM
Going by the look of Celtic park for the football final on Sunday didnt look like the greatest option for a hurling game.

I think for the time of year Celtic Park would be the best option plus it would be a lot easier to get to rather than a 3 day camel ride to Armagh.

Owenbeg has had some remedial work done recently but there have been a good few Derry championship matches played there in the past month.

Carey v Carrickmore Ulster IHC match is scheduled for Ballycastle whilst the Glenravel v NCC match is scheduled for Loughgiel at the same time FFS.

NA Gael

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 10, 2021, 11:15:13 AM
Going by the look of Celtic park for the football final on Sunday didnt look like the greatest option for a hurling game.

I think for the time of year Celtic Park would be the best option plus it would be a lot easier to get to rather than a 3 day camel ride to Armagh.

Owenbeg has had some remedial work done recently but there have been a good few Derry championship matches played there in the past month.

Carey v Carrickmore Ulster IHC match is scheduled for Ballycastle whilst the Glenravel v NCC match is scheduled for Loughgiel at the same time FFS.

Toss for venue - Ballycastle or Glen, Maghera? (Dunloy v Slaughtneil)

GiveItToTheShooters

Athletic Grounds is 1h30 from Dunloy and 1h15 from Slaughtneil. That's not a "3 day camel ride".
Regarding Celtic Park, it's 1h08 from Slaughtneil and 1h22 from Dunloy. So it's not much easier to get to either.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 10, 2021, 02:44:41 PM

Athletic Grounds is 1h30 from Dunloy and 1h15 from Slaughtneil. That's not a "3 day camel ride".
Regarding Celtic Park, it's 1h08 from Slaughtneil and 1h22 from Dunloy. So it's not much easier to get to either.

50 mins to Slaughtneil, i do it regularly

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 10, 2021, 05:15:02 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 10, 2021, 02:44:41 PM

50 mins to Slaughtneil, i do it regularly
Aye it was from google maps. If you sent er on you can do them quicker

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Milltown Row2

Would S'neill not settle for Ballycastle??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2021, 06:27:15 PM

Happy to beat Dunloy anywhere I'd say. Up Derry!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 10, 2021, 06:35:35 PM

I take it that S'niel would be favourites for this game seeing they are unbeaten in Ulster club for so long

imtommygunn

Back to that derry thread with you  ;D

Hard to know how this one will go. I think Dunloy will win but I thought that every other year too!

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2021, 06:56:17 PM

I take it that S'niel would be favourites for this game seeing they are unbeaten in Ulster club for so long

Wrong

To win All-Ireland
Dunloy 14/1
Slaughtneil  25/1

Dunloy are also slight favourites for the individual fixture. Previous encounter with Slaughtneil they were very inexperienced with this squad. Not so much now. The Bookie is right.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Ah I jest a little, think this could be Dunloys to lose , Slaughtneil might not have the hunger, can't see either progressing far after Ulster and Slaughtneil willll know that in back of their heads

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 10, 2021, 09:38:18 PM
Ah I jest a little, think this could be Dunloys to lose , Slaughtneil might not have the hunger, can't see either progressing far after Ulster and Slaughtneil willll know that in back of their heads

This Dunloy side are the most potent attacking side from Antrim since Loughiel of 2012. More than decent at the back too. Nigel Elliott the one big loss.

They'll give many teams in the south a run for their money even at this early stage of their development.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 10, 2021, 09:54:39 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 10, 2021, 09:38:18 PM

This Dunloy side are the most potent attacking side from Antrim since Loughiel of 2012. More than decent at the back too. Nigel Elliott the one big loss.

They'll give many teams in the south a run for their money even at this early stage of their development.

They will . But they are not good enough to win it- yet