Castletown
Portlaoise

Group B
Camross
Borris-Kilcotton
Clough-Ballacolla
Abbeyleix

SCFC

B looks a bit stronger than A to my uneducated eye!

burdizzo

Zooming around

I predict:

Portlaoise v Abbeyleix relegation final:

Outright Semi Finalists: Borris/Kilcotton and Rathdowney/Erill

Quarter Finals: Camross v Castletown and Ballinakil v Clough Ballacolla

burdizzo

I reckon Portlaoise will beat Castletown, and that Castletown will be relegated.

Moregroundhurling

Quote from: burdizzo on February 28, 2019, 01:08:04 PM
Yes! Tough time for Abbeyleix!

In for three serious thumpings, which isn't great prep for a relegation final

G@@

Ballinakill V Clough-Ballacolla Relegation with Ballinakill to drop down.

Group toppers: Rathdowney-Errill and Borris-Kilcotton meeting Camross and Portlaoise respectively.

Interesting Semi-Final with a repeat of last year's final who will probably lose to Borris-Kilcotton in the final.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

I don't quite understand the set-up for club hurling, yet. Is "Senior B" a level just below "Senior" (kind of like Division 1B is just below Division 1A in the Allianz National Hurling League)?
:-[
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

SpeculativeEffort

2-3 years ago Abbeyleix looked like a seriously young and up and coming team.  Where has that gone and why?

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on March 08, 2019, 06:26:47 AM
I don't quite understand the set-up for club hurling, yet. Is "Senior B" a level just below "Senior" (kind of like Division 1B is just below Division 1A in the Allianz National Hurling League)?
:-[

It's intermediate in all but name.

merman

Clough/Ballacolla beat Borris/Kilcotton last night to top Div 1 and qualify straight for the final.
BK will meet Camross in a semi-final on Wednesday.

Relegation remains uncertain. Rosenallis (cleverly I think) conceded their game to Rathdowney/Errill. It means if Abbeyleix beat The Harps next week, 4 teams will be tied on 4 points and score-difference can't be used to decide who goes down. It'll mean there'll be a 4-way playoff between Castletown, The Harps, Rosenallis and Abbeyleix.
If The Harps win, Abbeyleix go down unless Rathdowney/Errill intermediates win Div 1A.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: merman on June 29, 2019, 10:49:22 AM
Clough/Ballacolla beat Borris/Kilcotton last night to top Div 1 and qualify straight for the final.
BK will meet Camross in a semi-final on Wednesday.

Relegation remains uncertain. Rosenallis (cleverly I think) conceded their game to Rathdowney/Errill. It means if Abbeyleix beat The Harps next week, 4 teams will be tied on 4 points and score-difference can't be used to decide who goes down. It'll mean there'll be a 4-way playoff between Castletown, The Harps, Rosenallis and Abbeyleix.
If The Harps win, Abbeyleix go down unless Rathdowney/Errill intermediates win Div 1A.

2nd year in a row that this has been pulled!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

merman

Camross vs Clough/Ballacolla in the League Final tomorrow.

10 county panelists unavailable.

Don Draper

Quote from: merman on July 09, 2019, 12:17:04 PM

Great to see TBF.

merman

Quote from: Don Draper on July 09, 2019, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: merman on July 09, 2019, 12:17:04 PM

Great to see TBF.

Absolutely.