The official "moon landings were a hoax" thread for nut jobs

Started by Eamonnca1, August 27, 2012, 12:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Personally, not only did the yanks land on the moon but they continue to do so and use it as a top level witness relocation programme home as well as offering mega rich people a hiding place if they wish to get away from hell on earth. Currently living it up on the Dark side of the moon is Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Tupac, Michael Jackson and Shergar.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on August 29, 2012, 10:51:23 AM
Personally, not only did the yanks land on the moon but they continue to do so and use it as a top level witness relocation programme home as well as offering mega rich people a hiding place if they wish to get away from hell on earth. Currently living it up on the Dark side of the moon is Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Tupac, Michael Jackson and Shergar.

So that's why JFK was so eager to get to the Moon. He needed somewhere to stash Marilyn for a spot of horizontal diplomacy, then he staged his own assassination so he wouldn't be interrupted! Their grandchildren might be old enough to play Minor, someone tell the Wexford County Board

HiMucker

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Forever Green

bcarrier

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 29, 2012, 03:18:42 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 28, 2012, 09:25:13 PM
Okay now lads, all joking aside. How many of you seriously think the landings were fake? No satirical or sarcastic replies please.
You mean you don't believe me about Steve Jobs?  :o

I've seen no strong evidence to suggest that any of the landings on the moon by the American's were "faked". Any claims I've heard about it have either weak evidence with nothing conclusive, or been blown apart. Crucially in terms of the 60's Space Race the USSR never made any suggestion that the moon landings didn't happen, and so tactically acknowledged it. It would also have to be the case that the ill-fated Apollo 13 mission was "faked" as well. If someone can give good constructive reasons as to where something might not be as they seem, then there could be a point.

I am not sure about it myself ( but mock me if you will  :P) . The circumstantial evidence in relation to USSR's silence and Apollo 13 is strongly persuasive that they made it though. From my limited knowledge of the subject it seems that getting to the moon wasnt and isnt a problem - the Russians did that in 1959. Getting a human there and back while being able to record it all for TV has been or would seem to be a different logistical challenge. The various reflectors etc that people talk about might prove that humans have landed some sort of spacecraft there but it would not have been necessary to put people there to put the reflectors in place. 

Bingo

If there was oil on/in the moon, you'd be sure there'd be alot more activity on it  ;)

stew

Quote from: Bingo on August 29, 2012, 05:04:59 PM
If there was oil on/in the moon, you'd be sure there'd be alot more activity on it  ;)

what is there is far, far more valuable than oil sure!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.