Derry V Donegal Ulster final 2022

Started by shawshank, May 16, 2022, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Cavan could be playing in the minor before it if they beat Derry today. Although I'm not sure how that is working with tickets will counties in the minor get an allocation that is held back

armaghniac

Any suitable parking space will take at least 15 mins to walk to from the ground, a little over 2 hours driving should get you there. You can also drive via Carrickmacross which is slightly shorter but not as good a road in the first part, if for example you are aiming for somewhere in south city centre in Dublin then this route + the tunnel might be effective.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thewobbler

Quote from: eachaidh on May 20, 2022, 07:08:27 PM
Would welcome thoughts on this - I am going to the Ulster Final in Clones, but I also need to be in Dublin by 8pm. For all of those experienced Ulster Final goers out there - is this even possible? Throw in is at 4pm and I need to be in Dublin City centre four hours later. Can it be done? Is there somewhere to park in Clones that would give a quick exit in the Dublin direction when everyone else is going back to Derry and Donegal?

Left field suggestion. Park 3-4 miles out of town and take a bicycle (and lock) with you.

Traffic will be light enough in your direction once you get past the distance that people are prepared to walk into town.

Loughshore2022

Quote from: delgany on May 20, 2022, 05:30:30 PM
Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 20, 2022, 03:58:15 PM
I couldn't get tickets so far either. I don't care about going but my father has watched Derry for over 50 years. The annoying thing is that my local club don't make it easy to become a member. They don't seem to go around doors selling membership like they used to do. I think the game should have been in Croke Park

You renew your membership on line,  using  foireann / returnto play

I've never heard of that in my life, I looked at my clubs Facebook page and the last time they mentioned membership was June 2021. They just gave a number to text. You basically have to go out looking a membership if you want one.

Loughshore2022

Quote from: Will it ever end on May 21, 2022, 07:33:30 AM
I couldn't get tickets so far either. I don't care about going but my father has watched Derry for over 50 years. The annoying thing is that my local club don't make it easy to become a member. They don't seem to go around doors selling membership like they used to do. I think the game should have been in Croke Park

Strange view that your father can't get membership as the club don't go door to door... surely your aware of the individual's involved with the club and a message could soon sort out payment of membership, hardly the fault of the club here.

Not particularly, getting a club membership that you have nothing do to with isn't at the top of someone's priority. When they used to go around doors (a few years ago was last time) it was basically a reminder about membership.

Anyway, my business owner uncle is able to obtain us tickets now so that is old news. It is just a reminder to get membership next year.

tbrick18

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 21, 2022, 01:15:07 PM
Quote from: Will it ever end on May 21, 2022, 07:33:30 AM

Strange view that your father can't get membership as the club don't go door to door... surely your aware of the individual's involved with the club and a message could soon sort out payment of membership, hardly the fault of the club here.

Not particularly, getting a club membership that you have nothing do to with isn't at the top of someone's priority. When they used to go around doors (a few years ago was last time) it was basically a reminder about membership.

Anyway, my business owner uncle is able to obtain us tickets now so that is old news. It is just a reminder to get membership next year.

Does your business owner uncle have any more tickets to spare? 😁

quit yo jibbajabba

How bigs his business. Bet its massive

Armagh18

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 21, 2022, 01:10:22 PM

I've never heard of that in my life, I looked at my clubs Facebook page and the last time they mentioned membership was June 2021. They just gave a number to text. You basically have to go out looking a membership if you want one.
Is that not the same in all clubs?

Loughshore2022

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 21, 2022, 03:37:30 PM
Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 21, 2022, 01:10:22 PM

Is that not the same in all clubs?

Probably but it wasn't in mine up until 2019 or so. Actually my mother actually seen them selling memberships at doors in another end of the townland but I don't know why they didn't do my road. Anyway I'm not going to discuss memberships here anymore, I don't particularly like my club, as far as I am concerned club and county are completely different things as my club never has players in the county team anyway.

Loughshore2022

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 21, 2022, 02:26:22 PM
How bigs his business. Bet its massive

I mentioned my uncle because if you own a business you have a lot of contacts and you also might have contacts that owe you a favor. In my case my uncle knew a chairman and also Donegal people.
I won't apologise for getting tickets when my family have been watching Derry for years. I know for a fact some people will be getting tickets simply because they are club members, another uncle of mine will get tickets even though he has been to about 5 Derry games in 30 years

STREET FIGHTER

This man is on a great wind up 😅

Keep it up....class 😅.....

quit yo jibbajabba

Hes an acquired taste but im intrigued to see how it develops 😃

Loughshore2022

I have an update on that situation, my father bumped into one of the committee members of the club. It turns out the club were accepting ticket requests from non members anyway. The reason being is because they never got around to selling on my road yet. This means that they do still do door to door membership sales so it isn't all online as you people say.

STREET FIGHTER

Farrandeelin

Feckin hell...wait till Derry get to the All-Ireland there'll be some scramble for tickets then. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.