Tea

Started by Eamonnca1, May 02, 2022, 12:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

I just don't get decaf tea or coffee. Surely defeats the purpose of both.

Personally love a good strong cup of tea, brewed in the cup with boiling water and just a splash of milk.
Leave the teabag in until the colour tells you you've got the right strength.
The teapot is only for visitors.

I'd probably have 3-4 cups a day and maybe 1-2 coffee's. Coffee when I'm out, as it's impossible to get a good cup of tea away from home.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 04, 2022, 01:37:37 PM

Personally love a good strong cup of tea, brewed in the cup with boiling water and just a splash of milk.

I'd probably have 3-4 cups a day and maybe 1-2 coffee's. Coffee when I'm out, as it's impossible to get a good cup of tea away from home.

Brotha from anotha motha 😉😃
1 coffee. 2/3 tea. Tea strong
Had visitors last nite. Teapot came out

johnnycool

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 04, 2022, 02:16:09 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 04, 2022, 01:37:37 PM

Brotha from anotha motha 😉😃
1 coffee. 2/3 tea. Tea strong
Had visitors last nite. Teapot came out

Young fella would drink tea as well now, so if making three cups would use the pot (saves on teabags  ;)  ) but apart from that it's kept for visitors...

quit yo jibbajabba

My eldest has just jumped on the bandwagon also but hasnt yet got the idea of takin turns to make the stuff. The little bassa

Hound

Surprised a few of the tea drinking posters use sugar 😬

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hound on May 04, 2022, 08:18:28 PM
I thought sugar in tea was something you gave up for Lent when you're about 8 years old! No need for it.

My Ma had heart palpitations at one stage so the doc put her on decaf as she'd easily have taken 10 cups of tea (milky oul shite) per day. Drank it a couple of times (Thompsons) and it was actually okay but usually Nambarrie the rest of the time. We'd mostly use the pot now as 4 tea drinkers in the house. Boil the kettle, rinse the pot with a bit of boiled water, 3 teabags, top up with boiled water and stick on the hob to reboil and get a good draw.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on May 04, 2022, 08:18:28 PM

Sugar was put in the cup when I was young (teens) then late teens stopped, remember having tea years ago and someone put sugar in, I nearly spat it out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

I use to be a one heaped spoon sugar in tea person but stopped that a good while ago, it took about two months to get totally au fait with sugarless tea but it was worth the hassle in the end.
I'll give up the sugar but drink tea 'til I die.

PMG1

What's the best Teabag? I would be a Yorkshire Tea man, but a bag of 1000 or so on Amazon, tiny bit of milk, steaming hot, can't be beat

The Subbie

Quote from: PMG1 on May 05, 2022, 01:33:43 AM
What's the best Teabag? I would be a Yorkshire Tea man, but a bag of 1000 or so on Amazon, tiny bit of milk, steaming hot, can't be beat

Lyons or Barrys would be the main choice
Punjana or Nambarrie as well
That Yorkshire tea is a good option if none of the above are available ,as is tetleys
After that we are dicing with the devil as far as I am concerned

johnnycool

Quote from: The Subbie on May 05, 2022, 03:35:26 AM

That Yorkshire tea is a good option if none of the above are available ,as is tetleys

Hate Tetleys, Punjana for me up North.

Can't say i've ever saw Barrys Tea up North

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2022, 11:59:00 AM

Our branch in N'ards has Barry's tea in the kitchen, though the girl that works there is from Carlow
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Subbie

I can get me hands on Barrys tea & I'm in Sydney !

When I was a cub we usually drank punjana or nambarrie - being from Monaghan with a Tyrone mother the shopping was always done north
Barry's wasn't let into the house as it was "blueshirt tea"
If tea was being bought in the south it would be Lyons and only Lyons

I honestly don't think I ever had a drop of Barrys till I moved to Dublin for work at 22/23

Tetleys was a bit of a thing when I worked in England until I discovered Yorkshire tea which is way superior

In the hierarchy of tea tetleys is at the very bottom for me now
But the rock bottom position is reserved for that shite liptons , utter muck
I'll go without a drop of tay rather than touch that stuff

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 05, 2022, 12:40:07 PM

Our branch in N'ards has Barry's tea in the kitchen, though the girl that works there is from Carlow

Now you're taking the piss, there's Barry's tea in Newtownards AND a girl from Carlow works there!!

gerrykeegan

Anyone else love using loose tea leaves? Massive difference to the bags. I've a teapot with a filter. I've two different types of tea on the go but I have a Mullingar breakfast tea which is the nicest I've ever tasted. Can't go near coffee anymore.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)