Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

We needed that win today against Tipperary, harder games to come now against Wexford and Sligo

Some great performances today I thought, particularly Declan Lynch Joe Finnegan and Kavan Keenan. Good to see Ruairi and Adam back, with Conchuir Johnston just a few weeks away.

Ryan McQuillan living up to high expectations too, can't have enough marquee forwards.

Christmas Lights

Kavan Keenan put in a serious shift, some really good power running, put himself about and really tried to drive forward at every opportunity.  Ryan McQuillan good as well,  exactly the type of corner forward that is needed,  lively,  evasive and looks like a score taker. Thought Paddy McAleer was going well until he went off,  must have been injured, lost their way around the middle for a while after that.  Conor Hand good game as well. Marc Jordan just puts in a shift every time I see him play.  Enjoyable game overall, plenty of scores. Look very vulnerable though at the back I feel, didn't win the break ball enough from their long kick outs and from that Tipp looked like really opening up the Antrim defence.  They really could have had another couple of goals themselves.  Tougher tests await but decent start

Small crowd at the game, know it was going to overlap with the ulster final so probably should have thrown in an hour earlier.

imtommygunn

I think McAleer had a groin injury (or somewhere round there). He went off pointing at that and was going well enough before then. Good player and was playing very well.

Keenan is a real warrior - probably our best player and Jordan, as usual, no far behind.

You could also see we were obviously instructed at half time to move the ball quicker and once we did that caused them problems.Still can be exposed at the back I think too. Sweeney and the no. 18 always going to left foot and seemed to be allowed to but all in all it was a decent performance. Sweeney and the likes of O'Brien made that a much better Tipp team than had been there before.

I think the Wexford game is a big one for us. Sligo are possibly a bit ahead of us so it's the one we need and they're not bad.

NAG1

Hearing rumours of serious violent conduct at the football Feile during one of the games over the weekend.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 08:53:25 AMHearing rumours of serious violent conduct at the football Feile during one of the games over the weekend.

saw nothing untoward in Woodlands anyway.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AllStar15

Sally Gardens I believe

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 08:53:25 AMHearing rumours of serious violent conduct at the football Feile during one of the games over the weekend.

Under 15's? or mentors?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 09:05:50 AM

Under 15's? or mentors?

All of the above plus spectator/s from what I have been told.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 09:06:48 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 09:05:50 AM

Under 15's? or mentors?

All of the above plus spectator/s from what I have been told.

Sometimes I feel its getting better and then all of a sudden its fecking mental!

Probably the ref's fault though ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea