Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

southtyronegael

jesus some of you will go to any length to blindly back harte. if winning all those mc kenna cup games is so good then how come in the last 5 years we never lost any out of 25 games and yet in the same period the only other cups we won was one ulster and one div 2 last year?

WBF

delgany

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 14, 2017, 06:03:50 PM
jesus some of you will go to any length to blindly back harte. if winning all those mc kenna cup games is so good then how come in the last 5 years we never lost any out of 25 games and yet in the same period the only other cups we won was one ulster and one div 2 last year?

So the way to win the All Ireland is to lose more McKenna Cup games? Ah right, sounds feasible! By the way, Tyrone have no devine to win All Irelands. Not too many counties can boast two AI semi final places and a provincial championship in that 5 year period you are talking about. Armagh, Derry, Down, Galway, Meath, Monaghan, Kildare, etc wouldn't mind that level of failure!
That was never a square ball!!

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 14, 2017, 06:03:50 PM

What an idiot, so south hes in fermanagh maybe

an léirmheastóir

Who played well today was it a case of men against boys or what

Il Bomber Destro

Wasn't at the game but the full forward line seemed to give a good return.

Hope McKenna gets a few more games in at FF.

Seemed like there was quite a few of the u21s involved today.

WBF

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on January 15, 2017, 07:24:20 PM
Who played well today was it a case of men against boys or what

Quite a few men played well today, for me personally best performers was Munroe, sludden, Harte, Brennan, Hampsey

Tyrone95

Despite the fact he scored a goal, I think it is clear to be seen Niall McKenna is not a county footballer..looked out of his depth even against a depleted UUJ team. I can't see him making championship panels with Tyrone this year

tiempo

Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 16, 2017, 09:32:55 AM
Despite the fact he scored a goal, I think it is clear to be seen Niall McKenna is not a county footballer..looked out of his depth even against a depleted UUJ team. I can't see him making championship panels with Tyrone this year

My guess he'll be retained as training ground fodder, playing nothing but in-house challenge games throughout the summer. What a way to write off 2017.

Fuzzman

I see from the report of the match in the IN that the free taking duties were scattered around again, is that right?
Petey, Brennan, McHugh, R.ONeill all scoring 1 free each.
Nice to see Lee Brennan getting 6 points from play.

Who are B McDonnell, N.Kelly and M.McKernan?

WBF

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 16, 2017, 09:56:36 AM
I see from the report of the match in the IN that the free taking duties were scattered around again, is that right?
Petey, Brennan, McHugh, R.ONeill all scoring 1 free each.
Nice to see Lee Brennan getting 6 points from play.

Who are B McDonnell, N.Kelly and M.McKernan?

Ben McDonnell & Niall Kelly - Errigal and then Michael McKernan -Coalisland.

I think this was a case of a few of the u21 lads being called up to make up numbers i would assume?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tiempo on January 16, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 16, 2017, 09:32:55 AM

My guess he'll be retained as training ground fodder, playing nothing but in-house challenge games throughout the summer. What a way to write off 2017.

He was last properly fit for championship football in 2014 and Harte played him in at least 3 games that summer. So not sure why you are so confident he wouldn't get a go if fit.

And even if he didn't make it in the championship this year why would he have to write of 2017? He'd still be available for ten of the 15 club league games for Donaghmore, any play off games and the championship. Sure 2 or 3 of the Trillick boys didn't make the Tyrone team last year but were able to contribute to a Tyrone championship win. Same for Conall McCann with Killyclogher this year and some of the Omagh boys before that. Donaghmore wont be winning the championship with or without him but he can still make a good impact for them.

Also he's already played a few games for Tyrone this year and no doubt will get time during the national league, so he'll probably end up playing in more competitive games this year than the average club player.

Dire Ear

What's the story now with McKenna cup semi-final qualification??