Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Quote from: Legs11 on January 08, 2009, 07:31:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 06, 2009, 09:08:35 AM
New Harps manager ratified last night - Nudie Hughes.  Exiciting appointment from the club.
thats a good signin  won 2 all stars at left back and full forward..

He won 3 I think... Right corner back in '79 and corner forward in '85 and '88

corn02

Went down to the U21 games, I think we won by a point or so.

Four periods of 20 minutes. Not bad for this time of year, defence was a bit of a shambles though. The Cruppen ahlf back, can;t think of his name, was probably the pick.

charlie stubbs

Joxer

Was going to take in the game yesterday but car broke down so didnt get the chance?

Any decent performances?  Who looks like they will make the cut?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on December 31, 2008, 10:55:00 AM
Crossmaglen (6): K Carragher, J Clarke, S Finnegan, F Hanratty, R Kelly, P McKeown
Tullysaran (3): A Conlon, R Conlon, C Mullan
Carrickcruppen (2): S Harold, J Magill
Dromintee (2): S Carroll, R McCoy
Madden (2): K Grimley, D McKenna
Pearse Og (2): R Clarke, S Clarke
Tir na nÓg (2): J Donnelly, M McAllister
Whitecross (2): A McCann, M Shields
Wolfe Tone (2): M Carson, G O'Neill
Ballyhegan (1): J McKeever
Belleek (1): S McCreesh
Clan na Gael (1): R McGuinness
Granemore (1): K Toner
Harps (1): M McConville
Killeavey (1): B Magee
Lissummon (1): P Rodgers
Maghery (1): S Forker
St John's (1): R McParland
St Patrick's (1): K Hoey
Sarsfields (1): E McGeown
Shane O'Neill's (1): D Fearon
Silverbridge (1): G McGarvey

any relation?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Joxer on January 12, 2009, 10:09:15 AM
Was going to take in the game yesterday but car broke down so didnt get the chance?

Any decent performances?  Who looks like they will make the cut?

Was at the match, pick was probably Henderson, who got 2-3 or 2-4, took his goals very well and did well from limited supply against the wind in the first half...

Miceal O Rourke was also good, hit some good frees, Clarke showed glimpses of class, though he did take about fourty steps for his goal!

Joxer

Anyone look like they wont make it?

gander

The two midfielders didn't cover themselves in glory yesterday but its hard to judge someone at this time of year in those conditions.

Our Nail Loney

The keeper had a bad start, fluffed a couple of kick outs straight to QUB men who pointed from it. The defence was a shambles in the first half and as the poster above said midfield did not shine, Vernon stood out for QUB though, hopefully he could translate that form to county...

corn02

Quote from: Joxer on January 12, 2009, 10:46:39 AM
Anyone look like they wont make it?

Too early to make decisions like that either way. Most have said they were disappointed with the display, but it wasn't that bad. Queen's were the better side but the wind played a big part. For all who thought things were bad, did anyone ahve a terrible game? A few were average, a couple were decent and there were a few very good showings (Henderson, Rafferty, Smyth, two O Rourkes and Clarke.)

Goats Do Shave

I thought young MOR was quiet, apart from the free's.

Howard had him pretty much wrapped up, & he didn't have the pace to get out in front or away...

I'd agree with everything being said.

gander

I thought MOR junior played decent enough in the second half, won some good 50-50 balls.  I though McClelland was very good as well.  First half was brutal, the wind was bad alright but the passing and free taking was brutal, a lot of balls gave away cheaply.  Mackin will have to improve big time if he wants a shot at the championship i think.

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 12, 2009, 11:53:45 AM
I thought young MOR was quiet, apart from the free's.

Howard had him pretty much wrapped up, & he didn't have the pace to get out in front or away...

I'd agree with everything being said.

First half he and Henderson were living off scraps. Second half he pointed three frees, but he also won a couple and won a good few 50/50 balls against a very able defender. I thought he played well but I had the blue-tinted glasses on.

corn02

is Mark McAllister of tthe U21s the same one who had the Celtic trial?