Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagh leg-end

why where the fixtures changed to sunday?
Ard Mhacha Abu

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 27, 2007, 12:30:29 PM
Quotewe are to play st. pats on sunday night!
Dont forget the gum shields.

Tell ya what pints, if the Cullyhanna lads find out who you are you'll not be allowd through them parts again :D :D

Did you always have a frosty relationship with them lads or was it that incident last year that done it??
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

I SHOT JR

Always intense rivalry between the bridge and cullyhanna. Cullyhanna were filthy years ago but judging on last year, the new breed are just as bad.  Last years act was a disgrace!

winsamsoon

wasn't it cullyhanna that Darcy split from?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 27, 2007, 03:47:42 PM
wasn't it cullyhanna that Darcy split from?

WSS as far as i know, YES. They are called Dorsey Emmets now and St Pats Cullyhanna. Although the south Armagh Brigade will correct me on this if i'm wrong

pintsofguinness

Yeah they split a few years ago and Dorsey Emmets were formed - the oul boys will still call the knackers dorsey.

Always intense enough rivalry between the clubs but it was mainly just the normal stuff you'd get between neighbouring clubs. 

It's gone a lot further than that now but I know for me the bad feeling comes more from what happened in the weeks and months after the match.  I mean after the match we'd their club members crying and apologising and blaming that **** Casey that's over them, he was being sacked and so on.  What do they do?  They appeal their suspensions, they play the one player that's suppose to be suspended and the reappoint casey (a man who sends his team out to get a game abandoned - that's from coward mal mackins mouth!)  as manager this year. 

About a week after that game with us a young fella in cross received an awful hammering from a group of Cullyhanna boys, his crime you ask?  His da won their lotto and is related to a top man in St. Pats.  I think that says it all about them!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

twotwocharlie

Dorsey Emmets are a grand we club progressing well, new pitch and club rooms as far as i know . Unfair to comperre them to cullyhanna.

inthemaking

silvebridge B team beat cruppin tonight by about 5 points. it was a tight game throughout with the 'bridge maintaining a 1 point advantage until seamie martin scored a goal near the end.  not the most convincing performance by the 'bridge but a win none the less while we prepare for the championship final next wednesday night against cullyhanna.

pintsofguinness

are they still unbeaten from last year?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

inthemaking

yeah were still unbeaten although i think we drew 1 game in the league. not sure who it was against though

CelticWater

Any word on Dromintee v Culloville in the B's? who played well? Thinkin of making a return for Dromintee!

Goats Do Shave

I'm told Ballyhegan Davitts beat the Ogs in the Mid Armagh B Final last nihgt by 3 points!  ;D

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 28, 2007, 08:12:48 AM
I'm told Ballyhegan Davitts beat the Ogs in the Mid Armagh B Final last nihgt by 3 points!  ;D

True. 

Spiritof98

el curvo, were you at it, Ballyhegan must have improved seriously, remember the Harps bating them out the gate last year. Thought the Ogs B, sorry development squad had this one in the bag.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

illdecide

Quote from: Spiritof98 on June 28, 2007, 08:50:45 AM
el curvo, were you at it, Ballyhegan must have improved seriously, remember the Harps bating them out the gate last year. Thought the Ogs B, sorry development squad had this one in the bag.

Ballyhegan def have improved because it's only a couple of yeras ago that they were the whipping boys in North Armagh(maybe whipping boys is a bit over OTT) but i expected the Ogs, Harpe etc to have really good sides.
Anyway fair play to Ballyhegan as they are a good bunch of lads. We actually won a match last night(B-team, we beat Eire Og) So thats what it felt like to win a game, thats the first win between the seniors and B-team in about a month :'( :'(

Dunno if we will make the cut for this new B-team league as we have only played 5 games and have 8pts, i think the cut of date is 1st July.