Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

done the minor hurling game tonight between ourselves. good job he blew it up on time or the score would of been worse :D
hurl like f**k boi!

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 27, 2020, 08:37:46 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on August 27, 2020, 07:28:07 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 27, 2020, 05:28:31 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 27, 2020, 04:47:22 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 27, 2020, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 27, 2020, 01:15:57 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 26, 2020, 09:07:39 PM
Creggan v St endas to
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think
Creggan v St Endas is the mcnulty brothers, with decades of servce to St Endas, taking a team against them and palyers they would have coached - If I Live to I'm 100 I'll never understand how men can do that

I've coached against my own club. It's strange but I lived to tell the tale.
R u still welcome in your 'own' club?

I'm back coaching with the underage teams. I was asked by a mate to help him out at a club and it happened that they were in the same league as my "home" club. There was no issue either of the 2 games.
Is this the same with Aghagallon v LD
Something most of us would not contemplate is managing  a team against your own club in your own county.
Hold on is that Murray managing against his 2 brothers on the LD team? surely stnad down for the game and Aghagallon would think more of him - what a situation for his Family
1 Murray in Aghagallon camp and 4 in LD team, panel and sidelines. Must be great craic at the Christmas Day dinner table.

breakingball

Especially if one of them blows a 4 point lead in the final minute and it goes to extra time.

Hope St. John's & St. Gall's people have no plans on Saturday night.
[/quote]

JimStynes

Great game in Corrigan Park there. Aghagallon ran LD all the way and LD got a late goal to get them over the line.

GiveItToTheShooters

Sean laverty robbed aghagallon. Very poor performance

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 30, 2020, 04:57:52 PM

Explain that one?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2020, 05:19:20 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 30, 2020, 04:57:52 PM

Explain that one?

Come on MR2 you can't expect people to explain their nonsense unfounded comments, Sean had a good game as good or bad depending on how you see it to both teams

Belfast GAA man

Aghagallon played very well and just lacked a few old heads when needed to get them over the linE. I'm sure they will be very close in months and years ahead

paddyjohn

Sean Laverty robbed this one, MR2 robbed that one, Eamon McAuley done that aswell.

Get a grip ffs lads.

Milltown Row2

I was on there, thoroughly that game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rodger Mona

Was at that game, and have to say Sean had a fine performance in the middle. Though have to point out his man on the side line missed Murray striking McCann on the Aghagallon kickout 2nd half. Was standing opposite it and although wasnt a strike Tyson would of been proud of, was definetly a moment of madness from Murray.

On another note, can anyone on here confirm that Cargin have lost their goalie to suspension? Was told by another official that he was reported in a referees report for verbally abusing the ref during one of their championship games?

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: JimStynes on August 30, 2020, 03:56:01 PM
Great game in Corrigan Park there. Aghagallon ran LD all the way and LD got a late goal to get them over the line.
From Aghagallon lens they'll be disappointed. More scores on the doors but could not get this one over the line nor make most of black card. LD had better people management, and had role played this situation before (similar to PG1 scenario last year). Great game to watch on live stream

JimStynes

Definitely thought a few decisions went against us but in reality we have no one to blame but ourselves. We had a few goal chances that we didn't take or someone slipped and we had a few sloppy handling errors in front of goals. More than enough chances to win the game. Very encouraging for us though. That LD team bullied us 2 years ago up in glenavy and we couldn't match them physically. We did yesterday and we had some good options to come off the bench as well. Plenty of football left in those young lads. Hopefully they all stick around and we can get the next batch of underage players through and try and get into that top 4/5 teams in Antrim.

bannside

You definitely did let that one slip yesterday JS, created more scores than LD over the hour and a bit more composure in the scoring zone and Aghagallon would be looking forward to meeting the winners of Cargin and Rossa in a county semi final.

LD will know that they didnt play well but still managed to pull out a result, and onwards they march, but St Marys can hold their heads up and have lots to look forward to in the coming years. Your age profile is probably the youngest in the league!

bannside

Any predictions on the next two quarters?

Rossa are proving to be nobodys pushover in both codes and Portglenone have never beaten St Galls in a championship match but feel that on their day there is the talent now to do so. Bookies making St Galls hot favourites at 1/3.....I dont see it that way, even money game in my book!